Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

1 Bitcoin equals
33,422.10 United States Dollar

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

too much jacking ma will disappear you

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

Sing Along posted:

more like Alibyebye

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

Mr Hootington posted:

Buy stocks or any crypto

I followed your advice and now I'm poor! (I was already poor)

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

Horseshoe theory posted:

Pity the poor scab! :qq:

how is this being a scab?

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

Smythe posted:

i get the sentiment. they hosed over union drivers so the thing to do for solidarity would be to tell albertsons and co to gently caress off. (also every other industry these apps have destroyed, but that's a longer story...)

ah. I thought there might be some back story about a grocery store having employees that delivered groceries that were striking or something. Idk, doesn't seem to match scabbing by definition, but perhaps it does in spirit? still seems tenuous

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

cumonomics

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

why the gently caress is GameStop up? :psyduck:

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

thats not candy posted:

definitely depends on your perspective. but within this framework, i think short sellers are seen as the baddies. they're borrowing money trying to drive down the price so that they can steal money from your 401k

Ha! can’t steal what I don’t have!

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

ram dass in hell posted:

Also smythe should be demodded at minimum and probably eat a ban +30 too for that nazi poo poo what the gently caress

shut up and stop making GBS threads this thread up about it

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

literally go to qcs and cry about it there, it’s what it’s there for

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

Brunch Covidian posted:

gently caress off

nope. go be an idiot in another thread, this is supposed to be number go up content, not people melting down

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

Brunch Covidian posted:

gently caress off

you’re a bad poster, everyone knows this

ram dass in hell posted:

maybe you should direct this bullshit at the qcs mod who derailed your precious number content thread by posting "1488 gas the jews" instead

kind of like repeatedly telling people to kill themselves lol. you have a certain righteous energy that you have no business having

dunno why demodding smythe is for this thread. literally make another thread in cspam, make it in qcs, I don’t care, I’m loving sick of every loving thread in this forum being garbage overrun with bad posts

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

Brunch Covidian posted:

gently caress off.

nope.

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

Brunch Covidian posted:

Na imma look at your participation here, mr. "You're a lovely poster and I hate you by the way gas the Jews my name is Gay crimes irony Lord dipshit."

You have 13 posts in this entire thread and you've spent most of them endeavoring to Karen-police us in this one instance in defense of someone who says 1488 gas the Jews. This one issue has activated you from your lurking slumber to protect the integrity of the thread. This is your THING. THIS.

gently caress off, you pathetic defender of ironic Nazi bullshit. gently caress you. I'm going to lay in a loose knit hammock with my hands behind my back, in complete serenity, and ooze big stinky steaming shits out of my rear end in a top hat directly into your greedily open mouth while you lay under me, slavering. Like you're McAfee himself.

Deactivate yourself from existence here until you're awakened again to pursue your mission to lick the balls of himmler, you explainer of thread norms, "gay_crimes"

Nazi poo poo must be like your loving bat signal or something. It awakened you. It's really your pet issue, apparently. Snuffle greedily after my farts like they're the kisses of angels from God himself, you utter sack of poo poo. Go jerk off in a corner until you're needed again to defend the honor of the gas the Jews demographic.

I prefer Taintrunner tbh
e: also, i am not an irony lord. dunno what that's about. i am literally a gay man and my name is a nod towards the rejection of rainbow capitalism and a reminder that being gay has long been criminalized and still is in many places. be gay do crimes

biceps crimes has issued a correction as of 02:26 on Jan 24, 2021

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

Flunky posted:

whats the gayest crime

stonewall riots 1969

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

Brunch Covidian posted:

I just told him to gently caress off, I didn't go balls out taintrunner until I scoped his participation in the thread, over 50% of his posts are to holler at people for not taking a good joke cuz gassing Jews 1488 ain't no thing.

I’m not defending nazis, you absolute moron. That other poster who used to tell people to kill themselves repeatedly came into the thread late and with self righteous energy, started trying to whip everyone into hysterics over the post pages later. it’s the same flavor of dumb poo poo that happened a year ago, you inserted yourself into something you don’t seem to understand

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

silentsnack posted:

city centers would be a lot closer to wilderness if not for all those space-inefficient suburbs in the way generating more traffic

Unfortunately, "density" the YIMBYs push for in my area seems to mean standing up lovely 5 story buildings that contain a ton of parking because they're cheap as hell and the greenwashing libs get to celebrate densification. They're popping up all over the place here (Austin, TX). They seem to me to entrench car culture rather than offer an alternative that is denser, they have paper thin walls and absolutely clog the roads near them that were built 50 years ago for far fewer motorists. Thinking about the suburbs filled with strip malls encircling an area filled with lovely new development that will quickly fall into disrepair is jokerfying. The new awful development may be an improvement over burbs, but my gut tells me it's still terrible. I want to flee this place but am not sure where I would go aside from back home, where there are no jobs. Is density done "right" anywhere in the US?

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

I think I’ll buy some GME shares tomorrow morning

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

soup. posted:

It's a podcast, why do I just want them to shut the gently caress up

I recommended it to a couple people and the feedback was unanimous: "these guys are too annoying to listen to."

I'm interested in the episode topics, but it can be a tedious listen. I end up skipping forward somewhat frequently

biceps crimes has issued a correction as of 20:57 on Feb 19, 2021

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

Epic High Five posted:

Imagine having lived through 2008 and 2020 and still keeping your money in the markets even a second longer than you absolutely have to lmao

to say nothing of the next half dozen economic crashes we can expect between now and like 2050

Number go up, except for when it doesn't, which means Number about to go up again or it's the end of money and global society

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

poemdexter posted:

I'm subscribed to Wendy's onlyfans and keep sending her Amazon packages with gift notes that say "please stream on twitch" but I guess I'm just too forward thinking for some corporations...

Really though, I fully expect for all the twitter handlers at companies to migrate to twitch eventually. Imagine paying for your entire department because a bunch of people really wanna watch The Burger King play Fortnite.

This is awful, so that means it will come to pass

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

Mr Hootington posted:

My wife's boomer parents liquidated all of their assets including the family farm land that had been in the family for over 135 years so they could move to Florida and have yearly Disney memberships.

lmao the siren song of Florida only boomers can hear. truly a cursed place. they're all in a race between medically extended unlife being extinguished or being washed away by sea rise + the next big one

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

My current landlord for the past 5 years has claimed a homestead exemption for this property and has made an estimated $70k in profit based on my rent minus property taxes, insurance, one replaced appliance and a few handyman calls made and probably 2 hours total spent responding to emails and making calls. She was gifted this property by her parents when she went to college and has been renting it out for 16 years. This property has doubled in value since I moved in.

TLDR: :guillotine:

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

actionjackson posted:

I assume she doesn't live there herself? Then presumably it's not a homestead, can you report her to the state or anything like that?

i don't want to gently caress with the person who owns where i live. i'm just keeping the score counted

american real estate is dumb garbage, nationalize housing

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

Dustcat posted:

yeah it was a bit hyperbolic

if amazon did transport every one of its warehouse workers to NYC to execute them in the middle of fifth avenue, it actually probably would tank their share price for quite some time, and might even have ripple effects on the market as a whole

okay now you overcorrected

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

human garbage bag posted:

The government will step in to ensure people have food, fuel, and housing when necessary.

are you talking about the Amerikkkan government? this seems so unrealistic, I can’t tell if you’re joking or not

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

im feeling GOOD! Number is Back, Baby

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

Shifty Pony posted:

quote from the upswing of every single housing mania in history.

this time is different though, I'm sure.

may i interest you in a little bit of The Great Reset?

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

spacetoaster posted:

Bullets last waaaay longer (I've got boxes of ammo from the 40's that I still shoot) than canned food. And can be used to get fresh food.

Lol if that fresh food is anything but other humans. We replaced all of the flora and fauna with cows and corn. They'll all die in a SHTF situation, and anything left to be hunted will be hunted to extinction quickly by people starving and no longer fed by supply chains

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

Nonsense posted:

if you had a starter home as your first home, your 4th home should be a $700,000 mansion. that's the american way

700k will get you a 1100sqft 3/1 in my area heh heh coming to a town near you

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

Mr Hootington posted:

No. The IMF is saying by 2024 the USA economy will be larger than it was projected to be if the pandemic hadn't happened AND that China's economy will underperformed and shrink.

:trumppop:

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

Orange Devil posted:

As a materialist, I'm going to say lol no of course it can't

otoh cspam is always wrong about the future. number go up

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

GEMorris posted:

Just offered 537,500 on a house listed for 485,000 and didn't get it. Super normal market.

oh cool this is spreading more from austin where i offered 26% over on a house with all contingencies waived and i'd pay closing costs against 38 offers and i lost to two others
then i offered 27% over on another house, same deal, got beat by 1k

is this The Great Reset?

biceps crimes has issued a correction as of 23:12 on Apr 11, 2021

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

lol cool.

Hope everyone here has a house by now if you want one

It feels like I used everything I had to grab onto the ladder as it was being hoisted away permanently. Housing has been moving in this direction for a while but it feels like the pandemic accelerated us into a new state where house ownership has become impossible for everyone except the landed gentry and corporations. Rising property taxes and offers too good to refuse will continue the trend and reclaim home ownership from people who shouldn't have one in the new order

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

MorrisBae posted:

I think the funniest Zillow listing I saw recently was something like “CASH ONLY. OWNER DOES NOT LIVE IN COUNTRY AND WILL NOT IMPROVE HOME OR COME TO AMERICA”

One of the more brain breaking moments I had while house hunting was requesting to tour a house and the sellers came back and said no tours would be permitted until I bid and won and was under contract with them :psyduck:

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

anime was right posted:

maybe the hyperinflation is to cushion the people that are going to get evicted in like 3 months or whatever which will crater housing prices, but if the cratering is relative to a million instead of 500k, no one wealthy really loses out lol

idk, rentals seem totally disconnected from real estate sales, and in the super heated markets, the eviction moratorium doesn’t seem to make much of a difference. I’m in Austin though so ymmv

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

In some hot markets, winners are often paying cash, or significant cash down (25-50%). Is the crisis more likely to catch people taking out second mortgages? I can't imagine cash buyers or buyers with enough cash on hand to put 50% down are going to be wrecked like the subprime lendees from last time around. It's either a fundamental change to dollar or just a temporary flattening before number continues to skyrocket?

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

nvm

biceps crimes has issued a correction as of 03:10 on Apr 26, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

Radirot posted:

is having an MBA lucrative these days?

depends on the school and your connections. it's probably a paperweight unless you know what you're doing and are getting it for a good reason