Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
posting on page 1/day 1

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

Dustcat posted:

i fondly remember 2020 as the year when number completely detached from reality

Number has never cared about regular people or the economy. Number only reflects how good companies are doing, and the largest companies are doing better than ever.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
Let’s compromise: Let’s have just 1 month of hyperinflation. No more debt for everybody!

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
LOL. A group of Google employees finally formed a union and now GOOG is down 1.35%. :discourse:

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

actionjackson posted:

how big was the group? big enough where just firing them would cause PR issues?

So yes

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

MorrisBae posted:

Seconding this - 50 lbs. of rice for ~$25 is probably the best deal for food you can find

Love to eat 1/4th my body weight in rice for $25~

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

dead gay comedy forums posted:

comrade, if I can garbagepost in English, we can both learn to do so in Mandarin

前锋

Italiano è meglio del mandarino. :colbert:

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

ram dass in hell posted:

Did you miss the bit where vons fired all their delivery drivers to use cheap exploitative app bullshit instead yo

And? Nobody is striking and nobody is crossing picket lines.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

HAMAS HATE BOAT posted:

:goonsay: they're not scabs, they're simply independent contractors called in to do the jobs of a bunch of union workers that just got fired for earning pay and benefits

Are there protests?

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
nope

FlapYoJacks has issued a correction as of 21:40 on Apr 6, 2022

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
We never recovered from 2008. Hell, we never recovered from 1997.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

Real hurthling! posted:

i live on a red part but idk if i could continue to live here if all the blue part was water lol.

At least most of SoCal will be fine.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
Did you guys know that Trader Joe's has hash browns that taste drat near identical to McDonalds hash browns?

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

Archduke Frantz Fanon posted:

they are solid browns though i need to try frying them to really get there.

still good baked

Air fryers are the best.
pro-tip: when you are almost done frying them, add some garlic salt and Parmesan.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
Also to any goons without a Trader Joes that live in the States: LOL

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
JFC
https://twitter.com/cnbcmakeit/status/1348724221464162304?s=21

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

IAMKOREA posted:

it's also double hosed up because frankly no one in the uk should be eating fresh tomatoes in january, but here we are. the single potato is what's really hosed imho.

edit: oh poo poo just saw the carrot lmfao wtf is this real?

It’s triple hosed up because that’s supposedly supposed to last for a week.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
Lol the UK has 54 billionaires.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

Rutibex posted:

i'm pretty sure they feed you more than this in prison

In prison you are making them money.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
More:

https://twitter.com/louisegurr14/status/1348940092157677568?s=21

MORE
https://twitter.com/mizzy4t1/status/1348758027017592838?s=21

MORE
https://twitter.com/chrisbaddeley12/status/1348764993051906048?s=21

MORE
https://twitter.com/michellejharvey/status/1348949855901798401?s=21

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

Dustcat posted:

yeah that food pic can't be real

nobody distributes half a tomato and half a pepper wrapped in plastic, they'd put a pepper in half the packages and a tomato in half

lol look at my post above. there’s at least one more that got half a bell pepper and another that got half a cucumber.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

spacetoaster posted:

I believe those foods are just meant to take the place of the school lunch they're missing during the shutdown.

My school is keeping the actual school lunchroom operating and people can just drive up and get a meal in a bag.

That food is good for maybe 1 lunch, not an entire week.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

Archduke Frantz Fanon posted:

Look at how bendy the bannanas are though! Thats freedom innit

Cucumber Pasta Salad:
- Boil water
- Add pasta
- Drain pasta
- Add the rest of the ingredients

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
Back in the day, square pizza day was always pretty good, and the deep friend garbage burritos I have a nostalgia soft-spot for.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
As a parent who has put three kids through school, two of them starting from elementary, I was surprised to learn just how bad USA public school lunches have become since the early 2000s. Even though for their first several years of raising my step children we were poor, I made drat sure they had healthy food they brought to school themselves. School food is complete garbage these days.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
nope

FlapYoJacks has issued a correction as of 21:39 on Apr 6, 2022

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

Orange Devil posted:

Does TSLAs market cap exceed the summed market cap of all other automakers yet?

It would if Toyota didn’t exist.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

Lady Militant posted:

it'd definately be the fufillment of some ancient curse cast on the english monarchy back in 1100

I thought the fulfillment of that curse was modern day England? :confused:

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

Lawman 0 posted:

https://twitter.com/CeFaanKim/status/1349467224868876294
can't wait for all the opinions about this from the New York media types.

Excuse me, but we don't want UBI, public banking, or to help the poor. We need to give Amazon more helicopter pads!!!

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

kitten emergency posted:

at least you know NYC is going to have seawalls, what’s LA and SF gonna do? seastead?

Most of LA will be fine. Orange County is hosed which is perfectly fine. It will be a shame about Long Beach though.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

Xeom posted:

I don’t understand how the U6 isn’t over 20% right now. Are there just rolling layoffs and rehires going on?

If you have a gig job you aren’t considered unemployed. :v:

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

The_Franz posted:

$2000 a year isn't much, even for a homeless person. that wouldn't buy them one sandwich a day, let alone put a roof over their head

e: it would pay for a ticket to somewhere where you don't risk freezing to death in the winter though

New York, at least as far as I remember, has a law stipulating that they must have enough homeless shelters for the amount of homeless in the city. It doesn’t prevent people without homes from refusing to stay in the shelters for many reasons, some good, some bad, but it is an option. Unlike California, which does not have that law, God forbid SoCal ever gets cold enough for people to freeze to death during the winter.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
Smythe I am in Pomona. when it’s safe to do so we should have a beer.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

Mr Hootington posted:

Just go to taco john's. God drat

Don't be such a president.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

Smythe posted:

absolutely. come post in the LA thread, too. we used to hang out IRL =D

gently caress ya. Done and done.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
Number are you OK? Are you OK Number?

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

Commute.

I mean. Plenty of cheap houses out in the corn.

Just what I want, to spend 2 - 3 hours a day in a car.
WFH is the real answer.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

I grew up in the ocean of corn between Kankakee and Champaign. You don't have to tell me about it, I'm aware.

But I mean, significantly loving cheaper out there, and it's not a complete wasteland of jobs. The pay is crap comparably, but if you want a big dumb cheap farmhouse with so much space your heating bill becomes larger than your mortgage in the winter, then rural Illinois is perfect for you.

Yeah but if you have to commute in a rural area, why the gently caress would anybody choose Illinois over west Michigan when west Michigan is just just as cheap with 100% less boring corn fields, cheaper sales and property taxes, and lax gun laws?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
Guys I’m beginning to think that Libs aren’t that genuine with their campaign promises!!!!