Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sleep with the vicious
Apr 2, 2010
I was holding a hundy in a tech ETF on wealthsimple (Canada Robinhood), took it out today to buy 5 shares in blackberry and I'm up 20 bucks, I believe in short term rolling fun money with the meme stocks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sleep with the vicious
Apr 2, 2010
This is still just Reddit meme investors and wall street...generic retail investors like your brother's friends mechanic haven't jumped in yet like Bitcoin. Can only go up bro and you don't want to miss out

Everybody in the pool!

sleep with the vicious
Apr 2, 2010
Blackberry only up 3% on the day so far...come on baby.

This whole situation and the media's attempt to both downplay it and position it as unfair/not the real stock value is hilarious

Who knew meme stocks would be what brings the thread together

sleep with the vicious
Apr 2, 2010

Gorson posted:

Is it too late to get on this to gently caress over some hedge funders? I don't care about making a dime.

Keep in mind they're going to be rich and bailed out, or a more evil hedge fund will find a way to profit

Buy in because the rollercoaster is on the way up and this rocket is going to launch because number and tendies can only go up

Same with blackberry, although it's only +10% this week

sleep with the vicious
Apr 2, 2010
Everyone itt posting on their blackberry? Love that stock

sleep with the vicious
Apr 2, 2010
Lol at the doomsday econ thread going this way but gently caress it, it makes sense to me - nothing matters, number go up, stocks are completely detached and nobody cares about the real economy anyway

2100 people laid off in Calgary today because of an oil merger, everyone's plan here is to double down on a collapsing oil economy and real estate (it can only go up), I say let's all go in on tech with our friends blackberry

sleep with the vicious
Apr 2, 2010
Attention all goons: put ALL of your money into GameStop, blackberry, and AMC. If you are in Canada, sell your home or use your HELOC to buy first thing in the morning. The numbers can only go up. Please consider this professional advice, god bless and low prices

sleep with the vicious
Apr 2, 2010

cumshitter posted:

call your family members. tell them youre being held hostag.e or that youre dying, or your children are dying. get as much money from them as you can. they will be angry that you lied... then happy when you present them with an oversized novelty key to their new mansion(s)

this is a 0 zero risk investment. it is literally free money. nothing will ever go wrong

If your grandparents ask why you need money to go to the movies (AMC) or buy a new cellular phone (blackberry) just double down on the hostage lie...just get the loving money into the loving market NOW

sleep with the vicious
Apr 2, 2010

DesertIslandHermit posted:

So people will definitely sell GMEs on Friday. What's the plan for AMC? Same thing or another week?

Check r/wsb
...it's going to the loving MOON :911: :piaa::proof: we got a rocket here with AMC. Hold on to it. Consider this professional goon investment advice

sleep with the vicious
Apr 2, 2010

Vox Nihili posted:

The monkey coconut picking forced labor thing is 100% a confirmed fact and has been a practice in Thailand for decades. It's also probably exaggerated in terms of actual magnitude and who knows which farms still do it and to what extent. Apparently there are only a few thousand monkeys estimated to be doing it now and most coconuts are not picked by monkeys. Modern supply chains are impossibly complex though so you're probably getting a little taste of monkey torture every time you eat a coconut that you didn't pick yourself.

Well that's enough for me for the night...that's loving sad

On the plus side we can all dream of meme stocks earning a couple hundy

sleep with the vicious
Apr 2, 2010
AMC to 100 by end of day. Trust me, I have a feeling on this one. We are all going to be rich

sleep with the vicious
Apr 2, 2010

Dolphin posted:

I have an order for NOK but I highly doubt it'll go through

Same boat lol

Just get the gently caress in everyone, spend all your money

sleep with the vicious
Apr 2, 2010
The markets want to be free and the meme stocks want to go the clouds and number wants to go up

open er up!!!!

sleep with the vicious
Apr 2, 2010
Lol Nokia has been down for like two hours now my shares still hasn't gone through

This is hilarious

sleep with the vicious
Apr 2, 2010
Lol my Nokia buy from this morning still hasn't gone through

Riding the AMC wave right now though, let's go

sleep with the vicious
Apr 2, 2010

PawParole posted:

2 minutes till closing ya bums

Get in! Get the gently caress in!!

Doomsday econ...make that money obama

sleep with the vicious
Apr 2, 2010

NoNotTheMindProbe posted:

It turns out that atomizing the gently caress out of society and alienating everyone has consequences.

There will not be any consequences here my man,nothing matters except that numbers only go up. That's the economy now.

sleep with the vicious
Apr 2, 2010

neutral milf hotel posted:

goons in this thread were doing the same lol

Spend all of your money...borrow or steal from loved ones if you have to. Donate plasma or push down an old lady, just loving buy AMC and blackberry stock

sleep with the vicious
Apr 2, 2010

Thorn Wishes Talon posted:

The WSB discord has had huge issues with nazi and white supremacist activity. Just today those people were trying to rile up the others and spinning the melvin capital episode as a way to "take back the wealth stolen from us by Jews", and that's probably towards the nicer end of the spectrum.

Yeah investing in Nokia is...problematic, dialectically (real DND post)

sleep with the vicious
Apr 2, 2010
Lol this just gets better

The media is so pissed that some Reddit memes bought GameStop stock and got the tendies, everything is so ridiculous and I love it

sleep with the vicious
Apr 2, 2010

Source4Leko posted:

This is going to radicalize so many people on top of giving them rich peoples money I love it.

Eh probably not, that's what cspam thought about the BLM protests and the cool zone, you have to remember nothing matters

sleep with the vicious
Apr 2, 2010

Sarsapariller posted:

WSB discord banned, WSB sub private, within 15 minutes GME is being shoved down 34% and AMC is down 43%

SEC: No market manipulation here! Anyway about those day traders...

It's so loving blatant - they won't let the poor have any power, it can't be allowed. Everyone in on BB to the 🌙

sleep with the vicious
Apr 2, 2010
Hello, I'm the CEO of a 13b hedge fund and I'm here to explain why meme stocks are anti feminist

sleep with the vicious
Apr 2, 2010

Ursine Catastrophe posted:

Today on CNBC: We'll explain why every trader with less than $25,000 is antisemetic

Did anybody know that they have movie theatres and blackberries in...RUSSIA

sleep with the vicious
Apr 2, 2010
Lol the Barstoolw sports guy is all on the meme stocks...that's a whole new audience to buy in. This is going to get bigger (and can only go up - reminder: put all your money into AMC and BB, I mean all your money and anything you can get your hands on, this is professional advice you should follow immediately)

sleep with the vicious
Apr 2, 2010
Whoa huge news, I repeat GAME CHANGING NEWS: FOR TOMORROW:

number go up

sleep with the vicious
Apr 2, 2010
Lol check out r/wsb, it's amazing content

We like the stock! Hold the line!

sleep with the vicious
Apr 2, 2010

Dolphin posted:

eventually the float will catch up and the stock will go down no matter how many long term investors are in the stock right now. then these hodlers are going to lose a lot of money

Buy the dip!

sleep with the vicious
Apr 2, 2010
GME up 69% after hours right now lol

sleep with the vicious
Apr 2, 2010
Everyone please for the love of God put all of your money into blackberry, nok, and AMC. Everything you have

sleep with the vicious
Apr 2, 2010
I've never even been to an AMC...but I'm holding these shares to the loving moon

sleep with the vicious
Apr 2, 2010
Lol China literally just executed a billionaire while America has police with machine guns stationed at a bull statue on wall street to prevent Redditors from investing in a failing retail chain for funkopops

sleep with the vicious
Apr 2, 2010

samantonio posted:

What's going to happen to the American psyche if after the pain of the pandemic, and the economic collapse and everything that's happened under trump, all the people who bought GME and other meme stocks suddenly lose their last spendable dollars because of a crash in those stocks' prices?

Right now there are hundreds of thousands if not millions of people who all honestly believe that this is going to save them from poverty or homelessness. What if it doesn't?

Americans will roll over like dogs and accept it, op

sleep with the vicious
Apr 2, 2010
AMC is going to the moon on a rocketship flown by BB and nok and we are all going to be rich

sleep with the vicious
Apr 2, 2010
at 9:30 am eastern on the dot tomorrow, put literally all of your money into stocks for amc and blackberry. if you dont have enough money, steal from your elderly family members to get money into these stocks via an app. i cannot emphasize this enough as professional advice you should follow

sleep with the vicious
Apr 2, 2010
I told you all not to invest in meme stocks and instead in index funds, responsibly! You fools...now you'll never be rich.

Although it is kinda funny the whole media and capital apparatus immediately uniting to bail out the hedge funds and gently caress us all over.
.that's a lol

sleep with the vicious
Apr 2, 2010
Lol,cspam the forum that's wrong about everything gets destroyed by capitalist reality again. I count myself in that...I had hopes that something good would happen and I hope a few people got money out in time, and instead the hedge funds just kicked everyone's rear end by open outright fixing the market and everyone will just roll over like dogs (unlike the misogynist wsb bros!!)

This probably shows the bubble will never pop unless everything completely collapses in a way we have never seen and wouldn't recognize. Can you imagine the govt letting the stock market permanently drop 20% or more? No loving way

Myself I made 50 bucks in the end

sleep with the vicious
Apr 2, 2010

super sweet best pal posted:

Back up to a hundo.

And AMC at 7.50...quick everyone put all your money back in. ALL of it

sleep with the vicious
Apr 2, 2010

SKULL.GIF posted:

so did this whole episode cause enough of a hubbub that Congress is going to look into it? or will everyone just collectively memory hole the hedgies parasitizing billions of dollars back into their pockets?

Search your feelings...you know it to be true

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sleep with the vicious
Apr 2, 2010
GME closed at 53.50...oof