Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Orange Devil posted:

This is going to be the year.

I say, annually.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Deep Dish Fuckfest posted:

totally agreed, fry those bastards poisoning our children with the Devil's Lettuce

Close.

Deep Dish Fuckfest posted:

totally agreed, fry those bastards poisoning our children with christian conservative values.

That's better.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Something something market can remain irrational longer than you can solvent something something

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Also you can be evicted on the turn of a dime there.

Arkansas sucks, almost as much as Tennessee.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Dixon Chisholm posted:

You take that back you sack of poo poo. All I have left as a Tennesseean is our superiority over AR and MS.

15 years of living in Tennessee taught me that it is superior to no state.

So no.

:colbert:

MS and AR even have more lenient marijuana policies. At best, TN is slightly better than Alabama.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

punished milkman posted:

turns out you’re not allowed to buy or sell cum in canada. loving fascists

You might say the milkmen are being punished?

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
I like that idea, because it taxes people with stocks and not those without. Like taxing smokers, you only pay if it's your vice.

But that's effectively a tax in the wealthy so it's never going to happen.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Trust me, someone would have started another thread.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Mr Hootington posted:

Just go to taco john's. God drat

Taco Johns is the whitest goddamn "mexican" restaurant. You might as well have said Del Taco. They're based out of Wyoming, famously known for their hispanic populati... Oh, it's mostly white people.

I mean, if you like ground beef, lettuce and cheese mashed in a corn shell with no seasoning or spice or even the slightest sensation comparable to that of a heating blanket on low, right on, but then you probably live in the midwest, where salt, pepper and butter are as good as it gets for seasoning and spices.

Someone should start a competing chain to taco bell and just use all of taco bells' thrown out recipes and menu items.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Mr Hootington posted:

Motherfucker taco bell was started by a son of Minnesota expats.

Clearly he learned how to use spices outside of Minnesota.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
I googled it and saw a bunch of stupid buzzwords like "mind map" so it seems like a grift for people gullible for buzzwords.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

irpoweroutlet posted:

I was in the market for a used car at the beginning of the pandemic and seem to remember a lot of people speculating that the used cars would drop in price as it went on.

am I not remembering this right?

Are you not remembering the Hertz rental car stuff where they initiated bankruptcy and then tried to sell a lot of their fleet at pretty much straight retail used prices? Even used rental cars in a bankruptcy firesale are overpriced.

There are no deals.

Also cash for clunkers took a lot of good jalopies off the road, and crushed them into useless cubes before salvaging any useful parts. Granted, that was a decade ago, but that was also the last time you could reliably find old Camrys for $2k and Hyundais for a grand.

You can try your luck at hail damaged and salvage title cars. I drive a hail damaged car. It's fine, after replacing the engine for reasons not related to hail. And I live in Colorado so it's bound to happen eventually, just beating mother nature to the punch. Not going to be able to finance a salvage title though.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

The Cameo posted:

we’re gonna get President Elon Musk and we’re gonna deserve all the hell that will come with that

edit: and no I don’t mean literally him, but it’s hard to think of an American-born equivalent of stupid but admired by a lot of people — maybe Prez Bob Iger or Jeff Bezos

President MyPillow Guy

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Number on sale. Green number tomorrow monday.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Commute.

I mean. Plenty of cheap houses out in the corn.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

DoomTrainPhD posted:

Just what I want, to spend 2 - 3 hours a day in a car.
WFH is the real answer.

I grew up in the ocean of corn between Kankakee and Champaign. You don't have to tell me about it, I'm aware.

But I mean, significantly loving cheaper out there, and it's not a complete wasteland of jobs. The pay is crap comparably, but if you want a big dumb cheap farmhouse with so much space your heating bill becomes larger than your mortgage in the winter, then rural Illinois is perfect for you.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

DoomTrainPhD posted:

Yeah but if you have to commute in a rural area, why the gently caress would anybody choose Illinois over west Michigan when west Michigan is just just as cheap with 100% less boring corn fields, cheaper sales and property taxes, and lax gun laws?

I live in Colorado now, so I couldn't tell you why someone would stay willfully in Illinois. Hell, I left in '99. Tennessee sucks, too, btw.

Every once in a while I look at houses around where I grew up. $50-100k is a livable house there, but then small town property taxes kick in and half your mortgage goes to it. Whole loving region is a mess of old people because everyone under 30 has fled. Just collapsing under their own weight.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Declan MacManus posted:

that can't be real

A little late but whatever. It probably is real, and here is a rundown of what he was trying to emulate with $17,500.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u2hVK24UPWQ

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
So if you have some shithead realtor constantly pressuring you to sell, can you file harassment charges against them?

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Yeah I figured as much.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Admiral Ray posted:

if u want land come out and buy some prime desert land. can be as low as $1k per acre. please don't purchase land that is unofficially claimed by strange desert cults unless u wanna get murked.

We have those cults in Colorado too. It's the one time county sheriffs are useful.

Not even kidding, San Luis Valley just wrangled up a few killers after finding 3 sets of remains on a desert lot. Bodies were identified from teeth found in a fire pit.

But land is cheap so guess where I'm buying.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Shear Modulus posted:

if you want lovely unusable desert land you can't do better than west texas

although nevada may have it beat in that all of their lovely desert is owned by the feds

West Texas isn't at 7500 feet of elevation and I don't feel like roasting all summer AND winter.

gently caress Texas just for being Texas.

E: also weed. And gently caress Texas again. Just for good measure.

CRUSTY MINGE has issued a correction as of 05:43 on Jan 21, 2021

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

fabergay egg posted:

so youre saying sell all the stonks and buy a house while interest rates are low

More like gold.

You'll always be able to sell it to a different goldbug.

Or bullets. Those are pretty expensive right now too.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

DoomTrainPhD posted:

lmao my landlords number is no longer verified on Zelle and she hasn’t responded to text messages in a week. I’m sure not paying rent will make her finally respond about why her number suddenly isn’t verified.

Covid collects another worthy soul, maybe?

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

wolfs posted:

the weekend is for setting up hot new trades for Monday morning not this

we make money moves here

anyways

the solution to overdraft fees is to never ever use debit or checks and just put poo poo on credit
and then remember to pay off the credit charges before they come due

if you can’t do the latter you can lie spectacularly on your application about your income and maybe they give you a $10,000 credit limit

and then, I mean, if we were in better times you could go to the dog races or something

My poo poo solution to avoid a bunch of overdraft fees was to pull a bunch of cash to pay bills with. Yeah it still sucked paying an overdraft fee, but it was one for a $400 cash withdrawal at the ATM instead of 6 trickling in when poo poo was paid on my card.

I had/have poo poo credit and I was in the middle of a divorce at the time. No one was going to give me another credit card at the time. My finances are fine now.

The real financial trick is to have your only source of income be untouchable veterans benefits. But you have to have been dumb enough to enlist first.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
They still collect bribes, those are called "campaign contributions."

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Memphis laughs at your Pittsburgh crime.

Glad I left it 6 years ago.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

gradenko_2000 posted:

it's my understanding that this doesn't actually work as well as it should because nowadays you can't park your RV just anywhere and finding a spot ends up costing you "rent" anyway

BLM land. You can camp for two weeks for free on patches of land (overwhelmingly out west) owned by the government. When that two weeks is up, you pack up and move to another chunk of BLM land.

You're not holding a job while doing that, though.

Lot rents around here (Colorado Springs) are loving hilarious at camp sites. Like $700-800/mo before any electric or water fees. That's lovely 400 sq ft apartment money.

SpaceGoku posted:

most walmarts allow overnight parking, there's multiple RVing groups dedicated to tracking which walmarts are okay to park and sleep at and which aren't

life finds a way

Walmart has been cracking down on this for a while, actually.

Amazon has/had a fleet of employees living in RVs on their warehouse lots.

CRUSTY MINGE has issued a correction as of 16:18 on Jan 25, 2021

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Nothus posted:

Yes, that's to keep people from living in the camp sites.

It's still cheaper than a 2 bedroom apartment locally so people are still going to flock to them with campers in tow.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

KidDynamite posted:

oh i understand that part, but why is it like that?

Fed interest rates. They're effectively nil, so your savings account interest is going to be lower than that. Why pay you .009% interest when the Fed rate is .01%?

Not actual numbers but the point is the same.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

bashosanchez posted:

Hell yeah 2k in GME, let's meme this market into the ground

edit: gently caress

Caught it on the drop? Lol.

lovely redneck comedian: "here's your bag, please hold."

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Goons in the bed, nothing but red.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Carmant posted:

When should I buy the dip

About a month ago

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Pine Cone Jones posted:

Where do I poo poo then?

On stage.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

PawParole posted:

need to charge my phone

Gold

It's less than half that now.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Empress Brosephine posted:

I didn't get a free stock :(

Gotta put in your bank account and routing info first.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e3QRTToTLzI

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Relevant Tangent posted:

instead of buying a ferrarri buy an entire dealership of lovely beater cars and enrich yourself on other people's desperation
if you've seen them advertised on tv/radio with X never says no, no credit no money no problem that's the tier of dealership you're looking for

You and your fleet of repo trucks will take over the south side of a small city!

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Archduke Frantz Fanon posted:

what the gently caress is even the point if i cant put a poorly printed sign with my name on it on the side of my masarati and drive it down main street for the memorial day parade anymore

You choosing a Maserati, shows your lack of faith in Tesla. May the markets have mercy on your 401k.

Like moths to a gme.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Xaris posted:

It's actually a joke because Iron Mountain is a big corporate shredding company

it's more funny that cramer is just pwning all his wall street peers

And archives. They store all sorts of poo poo for rich people and corporations. I had a pre-construction gig once and had to do a bullshit survey of one of their facilities. The place was a mix of corporate documents, pieces of art, first editions of rare books, original recordings to a bunch of music around a century old, that kind of stuff. It was a pretty curious place that just happened to have giant shredders. If you have money and want to pay someone to store something in specific conditions, Iron Mountain will make a space and charge you a bunch of cash to keep it in their facilities.