Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

i fondly remember 2020 as the year when number completely detached from reality

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

DoomTrainPhD posted:

Number has never cared about regular people or the economy. Number only reflects how good companies are doing, and the largest companies are doing better than ever.

companies aren't doing good either, it's only the largest ones that are doing any good, and some of the "largest" like tesla are not even large AND are not doing good

stonks are artificially inflated by made up money, making actual valuation impossible

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

Centrist Committee posted:

we're going to see the collapse of the dollar lol

not if every other country does the same, which seems to be the plan

inflate every currency but make sure the rich get all of the newly created money so they can buy people's houses with it

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

yeah that food pic can't be real

nobody distributes half a tomato and half a pepper wrapped in plastic, they'd put a pepper in half the packages and a tomato in half

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

DoomTrainPhD posted:

lol look at my post above. there’s at least one more that got half a bell pepper and another that got half a cucumber.

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

i read that entire article and some of the comments and i'm still unclear on what he actually bought and from whom

feels like one of those companies that let you "name a star" except instead of ten bucks he spent 35 grand

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

Quetzadilla posted:

it's using blockchain to create a certificate of authenticity basically. You can get a copy of the video but it's not the video without the certificate! ____ collection is all about authenticity so it's just trying to create authenticity for fully digital works.

but the video is on youtube, he didn't buy the copyright or even an exclusive license apparently

seems to me he bought the right to have his name next to it on a website

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

KaptainKrunk posted:

c-spam is channeling its collective energy of Being Wrong to try to collapse the market

doomsday ec thread suddenly turning exuberantly bullish on meme magic pump & dumps is definitely a sign

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

e: wait i'm the one who needs to search their feelings

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

Grapplejack posted:

Watch this go through Friday and cause a stock market crash and depression when like 20-30 hedge funds go under at the same time

we can but hope

meme magic gave us trump, it can give us Depression II

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

doomsday ec thread has a fever

and the only cure is

more call options

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

not gonna lie i'll probably buy a couple of of calls on BB and AMC tomorrow morning

making sane bets has me down like 50% since june lol

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

Stereotype posted:

i did a "market buy" is that a call? is it a "long"? i think it is the only button available to me to click (though i can't click it anymore because i already did and my $20 is gone)

that means you bought it at whatever the broker figured was the current price

and unless you bought a put, that would be a long position

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

when this is over, we're gonna need two GME gang tags, one for the goons who made a year's salary in three days and another for the ones who lost everything

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

i mean yeah, when hackers attack people i hate, it is funny

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

Stereotype posted:

I am using RobinHood and it took like 3 minutes to set up

robinhood has in the past shut down when the market got turbulent, and once it somehow got a weird glitch where you could only buy but not sell

it's totally a scam and nobody should send their money for those crooks to hold

if the market actually does crash, there's a good chance nobody's getting it back

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

Not a Children posted:

If this is your first time trading options, loving DON'T

counterpoint: do it and be legends

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

Stereotype posted:

I'm treating this like a video game because it is. I spent $20 on real life stocks at an actual stock market that i would have otherwise used to buy fake moon resources used to build internet spaceships that i think will increase in value.

i think the spaceship one is infinitely more rational and sensical than this real one but you can't get the money back out of the spaceship game, you're just internet space rich, where as maybe i can buy a case of beer with this "investment"

lol yeah gambling with 20 bucks is fine

but i'm pretty sure robinhood is going to be in the news after the crash, whenever it eventually comes

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

PawParole posted:

Elon Musk is in the Wall Street bet discord lol

lol wish i'd bought more

FEC pretty much has elon flagged as "don't prosecute for manipulation"

he's gonna completely destroy both the stock market and the us dollar when this is over lmao

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

everything is stupid as hell

lmao

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

net work error posted:

So if you made gains on AMC or GME wouldn't you have to deal with tax implications when you actually want to pull it from funny money to actual number in your bank account to buy groceries?

nope, you owe them as soon as you made a gain, and in fact if you made a lot, you should prepay those taxes at the end of this quarter to avoid a possible penalty

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

cumshitter posted:

dont prepay taxes thats just an interest free loan to the government. even iwth the chump change you make on interest youre better off leaving it in a savings account

and also noly the well to do pay quarterly taxes you loving rich piece of poo poo

the self-employed do as well

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

cumshitter posted:

so you admit youre a small business tyrant

i'm no tyrant, but i do like working with small businesses

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

soup. posted:

It's cool to be here to try to calm the room, but the stuff you're saying is just not good advice.

I know why you're here. You're here for the same reason someone who's trying not to drink lingers at the bar. You're getting high off of this. The incidental buzz. This is lighting up those neuron pathways burned into you that rewards gambling. That's fine. But nobody should listen to someone who's lurking the room getting high off a gambling fix. I know the excuse you're telling yourself, but it's a lie. I've seen a lot of people like you. You're not helping anyone here. You're creeping your disease.

don't be a dick, dude, it's good to have a voice of reason in here

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

Dolphin posted:

Literally won't let me sell. I've had a market sell order active since it was at 20.

robinhood has done this before, where their system mysteriously breaks in such a way that you can buy but not sell

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

sleep with the vicious posted:

AMC to 100 by end of day. Trust me, I have a feeling on this one. We are all going to be rich

clicking the report button for market manipulation

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

Mr Hootington posted:

Shutting down the trading sites is a bold move

number loves it

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

insane meme stocks are funny but i'm especially liking the magic this is working on vxx and uvxy

i've been averaging those down for some time hoping for some stupid poo poo to happen and this certainly might qualify

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

why would you bail out a fund lmao

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

wow these guys lost a lot of money in the stock market, taxpayers need to compensate them for that to save, uh, jobs such as "hedge fund manager" and "cocaine dealer"

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

Homeless Friend posted:

Reddit-Fueled Rallies Like GameStop’s Defy Easy Crackdown by SEC

- Enforcement cases often hinge on knowingly false statements
- Traders’ opinions about stocks are hard for agency to police

yeah there's really nothing they can do

you can't stop people talking about stocks, and even if you could, you'd never have another tesla

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

lol

if people were dumping their stimulus checks into the market, wall street would be all for stimulus checks

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

:unsmith:

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

Fellatio del Toro posted:

sign up for robinhood gold, turn off overdraft fees, do an instant deposit of 5k on an empty bank account, turn on margin, yolo 10k into options, cant lose

that's one weird trick discovered by a single goon

everyone hates it

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

lol @ the idea of the trump org trying to go public

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

karl what are you doing

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

welp, i sold half my amc and now even if it somehow tanks to zero i'm still ahead. go little meme stonk, make papa reddit proud and eat the rich

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

Agrajag posted:

lmao cnbc keeps throwing out "but the fundamentals" like its some magic phrase

imagine drawing attention to fundamentals in january of 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

every one of those was taken from an actual child