Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pf. Hikikomoriarty
Feb 15, 2003

RO YNSHO

Slippery Tilde

human garbage bag posted:

stocks are like ender's game where you think you're having fun playing with numbers on your phone but your actions are actually translated into the brutal exploitation of billions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pf. Hikikomoriarty
Feb 15, 2003

RO YNSHO

Slippery Tilde

Greataval posted:

Wallstreet will leave the shorts like melvin to dry to save themselves remember pigs get slaughtered.

this is what i expect as well

Pf. Hikikomoriarty
Feb 15, 2003

RO YNSHO

Slippery Tilde

1stGear posted:

This is your regular reminder that if you do get a major windfall out of this, you are going to have pay taxes on it next year. Don't go too crazy on the hookers and coke.

Pf. Hikikomoriarty
Feb 15, 2003

RO YNSHO

Slippery Tilde
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rRBPS3o_IvU&t=9s

Pf. Hikikomoriarty
Feb 15, 2003

RO YNSHO

Slippery Tilde

Tiler Kiwi posted:

I've never been so irritated getting money for nothing

i want my amc

Pf. Hikikomoriarty
Feb 15, 2003

RO YNSHO

Slippery Tilde

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

i can't loving believe life can be this entertaining without trump

my new theory is that this is happening rn because trump is out of the wh and everyone is experiencing twitter drama withdrawal

Pf. Hikikomoriarty
Feb 15, 2003

RO YNSHO

Slippery Tilde

Gringostar posted:

again, cspam that knew the elites would do this before hand because we’re all broke brained nihilists

millions of people just got exposed to the cspam mindset

this is worth more than anything people are losing right now

except for the hedge fund fuckers who have literally lost billions lol

Pf. Hikikomoriarty
Feb 15, 2003

RO YNSHO

Slippery Tilde

Marx Headroom posted:

extreme lol at an app called robinhood loving over the poor on behalf of the rich

my new app, nottinghm

Pf. Hikikomoriarty
Feb 15, 2003

RO YNSHO

Slippery Tilde
the next time wall st needs a bailout is going to be extremely funny

Pf. Hikikomoriarty
Feb 15, 2003

RO YNSHO

Slippery Tilde

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

Trump occupied a massive amount of mental real estate for five years and then plucked out of existence overnight. all that energy had to get channeled into something lol

Pf. Hikikomoriarty
Feb 15, 2003

RO YNSHO

Slippery Tilde

low key sex master posted:

i think at his core this is the absolute truth but he's such a loathesome blob it will never happen

can you imagine having sex with him? Like, his sweaty, goober body sliding all over you?

ugh, quoting this so other people have to read it again

Pf. Hikikomoriarty
Feb 15, 2003

RO YNSHO

Slippery Tilde

Dr. VooDoo posted:

And here I thought we were gonna go into a content drought with Trump being banned from Twitter and not being president

the internet creates its own content now. it's a beautiful ouroboros of insanity

Pf. Hikikomoriarty
Feb 15, 2003

RO YNSHO

Slippery Tilde

drat i was hoping the logo would be the wsb guy in lederhosen

Pf. Hikikomoriarty
Feb 15, 2003

RO YNSHO

Slippery Tilde

Stereotype posted:

this is all probably because that hedgefund is already mega-bankrupt and can't pay any of their shorts so all the brokerages are about to have to welch on everything.

yeah the behind the scenes poo poo must be nutso

Pf. Hikikomoriarty
Feb 15, 2003

RO YNSHO

Slippery Tilde

Schnorkles posted:

the hedge funds have lost 70b

we're starting to get into scary mattering territory for even bigger funds

and on wall st everything depends on everything else, risks get traded around, probably everyone is freaking out about whether they are exposed to this and how much

Pf. Hikikomoriarty
Feb 15, 2003

RO YNSHO

Slippery Tilde

Penisaurus Sex posted:

No it's not.

If you're that guy, you get the SEC coming after you and coming after your boss and your boss' boss, etc.

An SEC investigation is a lot like an NCAA investigation. You could go after literally any firm on wallstreet and find something to nail them for. What prevents that happening is a sort of gentleman's agreement, keeping your head low, and knowing what you can get away with and what you can't.

If you're the face of a play that makes your company a few hundred billion while your next 15-20 competitors each take a bath, how fast do you think the SEC is going to come to your place of business?

Losing billions of your client's money gets you made fun of, probably lose your job, but you can eventually come back into the real rich guy club. Getting an SEC investigation called in on your employer will get you kicked out.

a network of shifting and crisscrossing alliances, the fate of millions turning on the slightest move. every action carefully considered and calculated.

and someone just shot an archduke

Pf. Hikikomoriarty has issued a correction as of 20:20 on Jan 28, 2021

Pf. Hikikomoriarty
Feb 15, 2003

RO YNSHO

Slippery Tilde

Empress Brosephine posted:

How do you even buy silver

SLV or similar

Pf. Hikikomoriarty
Feb 15, 2003

RO YNSHO

Slippery Tilde

PawParole posted:

You gotta pay 9000 dollars for a 900 dollar GME call

Lmao!!!

lmao

Pf. Hikikomoriarty
Feb 15, 2003

RO YNSHO

Slippery Tilde

twoday posted:

This is a new thread, it just reset like 2 weeks ago

wow glad i didn't short this thread

Pf. Hikikomoriarty
Feb 15, 2003

RO YNSHO

Slippery Tilde

Valleyant posted:

What's an OTM call? Help, I'm dumb af

a lottery ticket that someone on wall st is on the hook to pay out

Pf. Hikikomoriarty
Feb 15, 2003

RO YNSHO

Slippery Tilde

oxsnard posted:

there's all but certainly collusion going on behind the scenes right now with Biden's blessing and involving every brokerage and clearing house. They're gonna try to clear all the trades at the very end of the day lmao

hah, good loving luck

Pf. Hikikomoriarty
Feb 15, 2003

RO YNSHO

Slippery Tilde
biden already breaking his promise of no malarkey

Pf. Hikikomoriarty
Feb 15, 2003

RO YNSHO

Slippery Tilde

Joementum posted:

*WARREN TO SEC: RESOLVE THE CONTRADICTIONS OF CAPITALISM PLZ

Pf. Hikikomoriarty
Feb 15, 2003

RO YNSHO

Slippery Tilde

Pf. Hikikomoriarty
Feb 15, 2003

RO YNSHO

Slippery Tilde

Chamale posted:

Normally they would peel off one by one as the price gets more attractive, but they're driven by solidarity and all willing to hold the line. In theory if there's no selling, in two weeks the maximum losses for the hedge funds are on the order of a trillion dollars.

eventually the hedge funds go bankrupt and someone else is on the hook

Pf. Hikikomoriarty
Feb 15, 2003

RO YNSHO

Slippery Tilde

Noblesse Obliged posted:

if I’m ending up making any money from this lunacy I’m going to get the same dick surgery that billionaire died from and I think all of you should too

im going to apply to dick surgeon school

Pf. Hikikomoriarty
Feb 15, 2003

RO YNSHO

Slippery Tilde

SKULL.GIF posted:

Looks like the solution to overleveraged hedgies is to trigger a broader market selloff that would also depress the same stuff they're shorted on.

that selloff is because they have to cover the other side of the trade, it's not gonna drive the squeezed stocks down

Pf. Hikikomoriarty
Feb 15, 2003

RO YNSHO

Slippery Tilde

Epic High Five posted:

GME is a pump n' hold n' death scheme, the first of its kind

wall st only believes in two emotions: greed and fear

but this week they learned about spite

Pf. Hikikomoriarty
Feb 15, 2003

RO YNSHO

Slippery Tilde

witchy posted:

hahaha fiber may be slightly slower but its now inevitable that someone will jam those bands and make out like a bandit in the ensuing chaos

lmao

Pf. Hikikomoriarty
Feb 15, 2003

RO YNSHO

Slippery Tilde

dorkasaurus_rex posted:

People overlooking the fact that a lot of hedge funds and institutional investor types are actually making money on this. This isn't as singular a victory against the moneyed elites as people would have you believe.

imagine a city run by criminal cartels

if an anonymous mob robs and burns down a cartel leaders house, the other cartels are the ones who get the immediate benefit

but i doubt they're going to be too happy about that, especially if they can't effectively retaliate

Pf. Hikikomoriarty
Feb 15, 2003

RO YNSHO

Slippery Tilde

Morbus posted:

lookit all these noobs trying to analyze a riot as it's happening instead of just picking up another rock and throwing it

Pf. Hikikomoriarty
Feb 15, 2003

RO YNSHO

Slippery Tilde

Petey posted:

also this week has taught me how just i have no money instincts in a way that years of general wage stagnation has not because my coworker messaged me yesterday and said "hey thanks for enrolling in the novavax trial"

me: "oh yeah sure, i mean, tbh i mostly did it to have a chance at getting the vaccine early, but also happy to help advance science or whatever"

coworker: "no you moron, i mean, when you posted in slack that you'd enrolled last week, i thought 'hmm, petey's cautious and smart, he must have done his research before enrolling, i'm going to go buy a ton of novavax stock', and now that their UK phase 3 is out they're up 70% this week"

like i did indeed do like a solid week of research on the vaccine development before enrolling, read every preliminary study i could find, listened to podcasts of third party scientists discussing their approach, talked to md/phd friends about their design, universally heard that it should be a safe and very effective vaccine, and bet my own personal health on that but no money, not even the $300 they paid me day-of to get the shot

loving wage-pilled

lmao

Pf. Hikikomoriarty
Feb 15, 2003

RO YNSHO

Slippery Tilde
tired: sadopopulism
wired: sadofinance

Pf. Hikikomoriarty
Feb 15, 2003

RO YNSHO

Slippery Tilde

lmao

Pf. Hikikomoriarty
Feb 15, 2003

RO YNSHO

Slippery Tilde
the most anticipated monday in history

Pf. Hikikomoriarty
Feb 15, 2003

RO YNSHO

Slippery Tilde

oxsnard posted:

the rad thing is that the die is cast. When the memestonks crash every single person will blame wall street because they couldn't leave well enough alone

propaganda of the trade

Pf. Hikikomoriarty
Feb 15, 2003

RO YNSHO

Slippery Tilde

a_pineapple posted:

I waited all weekend for this?! What a snoozer I’m gonna go taze my balls

Pf. Hikikomoriarty
Feb 15, 2003

RO YNSHO

Slippery Tilde

SchnorkIes posted:

The virgin upvote and the Chad emptyquote

Pf. Hikikomoriarty
Feb 15, 2003

RO YNSHO

Slippery Tilde

cheetah7071 posted:

anyone who legitimately has good info on what to invest in is either:

1) already factored into the indices
2) keeping quiet
3) indistinguishable from the hordes of people whose advice will lose you money

possibly all three

the old poker adage that if you don't know who the fish at the table is, it's you, also applies to stock tips

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pf. Hikikomoriarty
Feb 15, 2003

RO YNSHO

Slippery Tilde

:hai: