Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

meanolmrcloud
Apr 5, 2004

rock out with your stock out

high school dude at the vape shop was talking to his friend whilst ringing me up. they were discussing stocks prices, and he showed me his robinhood portfolio of biomed penny stocks, lmao.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

meanolmrcloud
Apr 5, 2004

bought amc because, well, fomo

meanolmrcloud
Apr 5, 2004

AMC is tapped out. I might dump everything left over is to nok, because it is cheap and I can buy a lot of it and that makes the ‘big number’ part of my brain happy

meanolmrcloud
Apr 5, 2004

gme halted at 269.69 lmao

meanolmrcloud
Apr 5, 2004

Raskolnikov38 posted:

lol so is AMC trading just hosed for the rest of the day

the sec said they’d fight back, and what that meant was kneecapping all the small fish

meanolmrcloud
Apr 5, 2004

just tuned into a mtg streamer on twitch and the first thing I heard was don’t gamble your savings on amc, lol

meanolmrcloud
Apr 5, 2004

amc soaring past Jupiter

meanolmrcloud
Apr 5, 2004

Agrajag posted:

AMC STILL UP

BB STILL UP!!

I LOVE BB I LOVE AMC HAHAHAAHAA

BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

meanolmrcloud
Apr 5, 2004

soup. posted:

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA WHAT DOES IT FEEL LIKE WHEN YOUR SOUL CUMS AHAHAHAHAHAHA

terminal must be spitting fire

meanolmrcloud
Apr 5, 2004

GEMorris posted:

Current MemeFolio:

AMC, NOK, BBBY, FIZZ, MAC, SKT

All up 30%-350% since Monday

These are truly the dumbest of times.

what’s the meme stock that’s not up 30% but will be on Friday when I get paid again

meanolmrcloud
Apr 5, 2004

lmao amc, gme halted after 1 min hahahaha

meanolmrcloud
Apr 5, 2004

this is so dumb lol

meanolmrcloud
Apr 5, 2004

PawParole posted:

https://mobile.twitter.com/JSeyff/status/1354807708067614722

it might just be that their app is trash, in which case lmao.

it’s not a glitch or bug, the button labeled “buy” is grayed out, above a textbox that says “no buy, only sell”

meanolmrcloud
Apr 5, 2004

Stereotype posted:

why would someone pay $1000 for the option of buying one stock at a fixed price at some fixed date? or can you buy as many as you want at that price if you want

because maybe that fixed price is actually really cheap, and then you’ll be glad you bought them at that price.

meanolmrcloud
Apr 5, 2004

go all the gently caress in on doge gently caress

meanolmrcloud
Apr 5, 2004

Agrajag posted:

hahaah wat

still never going to touch crypto but lmfao

robinhood isn’t really touching crypto, it’s pushing a button that touches crypto for you

meanolmrcloud
Apr 5, 2004

Shear Modulus posted:

chinatown did you really win 500000 dollars on dogecoin

I think he said if it reaches .5, not .05

meanolmrcloud
Apr 5, 2004

Tiler Kiwi posted:

i remember talking with my dad about gambling addiciton a while back and he mentioned that for a lot of them, winning wasnt even that excited. they get addicted to that gut wrenching aspect that the risk of massive loss brings.

i thought it was a bit deranged but yesterday... i felt it.

it sucked!!!

when I got sober, after a while what I missed wasn’t the crack or heroin. the gaping hole in my brain was all the schemes and effort and thought that went into getting the next 20 bucks. the despair of not knowing, followed by the intense elation knowing it’d be alright was an insane cycle.

what I’m saying is I’m checking the ticker a lot these days.

meanolmrcloud
Apr 5, 2004

KirbyKhan posted:

Just keep pressing buttons on your phone till you get fuckin RIIIICH

”dude on Reddit” posted:

So this is how I did it. I’m assuming that the front end calculates whether or not you have enough to place a trade before they let you queue it up. What I did is that I bought a way out of the money call option that didn’t have a market yet. Since it doesn’t have a price, it’ll slip through the verification process and it’ll get automatically executed through the backend as it doesn’t do error verification. Technically, I could have queued up 100 contracts and it would have went through. Will borrow 1.3 million next time

meanolmrcloud
Apr 5, 2004

yea, me dumbass

meanolmrcloud
Apr 5, 2004

Quetzadilla posted:

Ok stocks are asleep. Someone tell me all about SPACs.

my company went public with one. as far as I know, there are listed firms out there dedicated to trying to attract the attention of companies who want to go public, have all the paperwork in order, the funds and bank connections and credit lines all set up and such. once the holding company and the target company reach an agreement about ownership splits and valuation, they pick a date, and the already listed company changes its ticker over, pointing to the valuation, assets and such to the new company. I am prepared to be very wrong about this, but my company went from private to public in about 6 months.

meanolmrcloud
Apr 5, 2004

hahaha please stop using my service, the economy is dying

meanolmrcloud
Apr 5, 2004

awooooo (markets are open)

meanolmrcloud
Apr 5, 2004

nok might be good long term; but I don’t want long term, I want 25%, 50% swings immediately

meanolmrcloud
Apr 5, 2004

sold my amc, so you can thank me for the prices shooting up now

meanolmrcloud
Apr 5, 2004

I have 300 dogecoins. 300! I don’t have 300 of anything! but now I have these. I will NOT miss out this time!!!

meanolmrcloud
Apr 5, 2004

I am pretty shocked at how seamless the curbside pickup experience is for my Kroger store. I would not have pegged them as able to implement a pretty good web interface that works well most of the time and it being entirely free is also somewhat shocking. I sincerely hope the experience for the worker at the other end isn’t too awful (it probably is).

meanolmrcloud
Apr 5, 2004

well, I’m not going to let reality dictate my economic outlook

meanolmrcloud
Apr 5, 2004

my cousin is a supply chain guy for rivian, trying to get their plant built. he uh, says it’s loving nightmare on every conceivable front lol

meanolmrcloud
Apr 5, 2004

sat on my keys! posted:

i think it would be nice if we could change society somewhat so that little kids, seniors, and really anybody could feel safe getting exercise outdoors without worrying about being squashed by a super lifted ford f150 or 18ft long chevy suburban seemingly designed to render pedestrians into paste.

when I went to seoul, they had many several free public workout stations on the top of mountains and it was just the cutest thing.

meanolmrcloud
Apr 5, 2004

mawarannahr posted:

I’m almost certain more than one banker has one of these of similar on their walls, they love this kind of poo poo.

my boss at a mortgage lender had one of the faux-starry night style prints in his office of the last scene in fight club...where all the banks are being blown up to liberate people....

meanolmrcloud
Apr 5, 2004

in instant pot, add oil and set to sauté, scoop most of a can of red/green/karee curry paste when oil is hot. add ginger or garlic now if you want. add 1 big can of stewed tomatoes. add garam, or other spices if you want. add 1lb red lentils and fill up way over lentils with either water, veggie stock or coconut milk. cook lentils for 30 min, depressurize.

from here you can hit it with the immersion blender for a thick and filling soup, or add fresh or frozen veggies and diced panner and let em cook for another ten min for a lentil stew.

can feed 2 people for like 5 days straight.

meanolmrcloud
Apr 5, 2004

Rectal Death Adept posted:

Helicopters have gotten more than a half dozen billionaires in the past few years so they are the most effective green technology ever invented.

I think at this point it’s probably just a good way to fake your death and spend the rest of your life obligation free on an island you bought somewhere.

meanolmrcloud
Apr 5, 2004

hm yea, multiple trillion dollar institutions plus governments around the world are going to let the number “drop” get a fuckin clue

meanolmrcloud
Apr 5, 2004

you all have about 6 months to move to metro Detroit, there are still houses in areas worth buying into in the 150-300k range, though the inventory is about 1/3rd of what it was when I was looking 2 years ago.

meanolmrcloud
Apr 5, 2004

actionjackson posted:

what in there is difficult to use

the social spaces, gym etc. I could do 450sqft, but having those spaces, plus the broader downtown area would be a huge benefit

meanolmrcloud
Apr 5, 2004

broadcasting headlines about crypto and money laundering is unironically good for bitcoin.

meanolmrcloud
Apr 5, 2004

gradenko_2000 posted:

LUMBER GO UP

meanolmrcloud
Apr 5, 2004

I mentioned moving to Michigan and putting 3% down on a 150k house and it looks like the window for that is closed for my area. everything in that price range is very tiny garbage now.

inclusive of closing costs and down payment, we put up 8k to buy a 120k (10k below asking!) house 2 years ago. we just refied and ended up dropping the pmi because it appraised a ton higher. I’m sure there are halfway desirable places in the country you could do this for, if you really wanted.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

meanolmrcloud
Apr 5, 2004

sonatinas posted:

where in michigan? I'm in grand rapids and anything that is 150 probably started at 80k. Houses in my neighborhood are getting over 300k now in a city that has a lower median family income(50k) and one of the largest racial disparities of housing in the country. My neighborhood is even in a lovely school district. But most white people here send their kids to christian privates.

metro Detroit. outside of the city proper there are a few pockets of affordability, but I’d say that yea the 80 => 150 sounds about right. a house like this was in the bottom tier bracket for us, and is going for well over what we paid for ours. this has no basement, no garage and half the square footage. near an incredible pho place though