Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

Halloween Jack posted:

He sounds like if Jesse Ventura was just constantly drinking olive oil.

Olive oil doesn't turn you fash though??

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG

https://twitter.com/ariehkovler/status/1385238462048227329

quote:

The Soufan Center, which was founded by former FBI agent Ali Soufan, is well connected inside the U.S. government, meaning that decision makers could take notice of the report and potentially redirect funds from investigating QAnon’s roots inside the country and put them into fighting QAnon as part of the fight against foreign disinformation campaigns.

Flesh Forge has issued a correction as of 14:34 on Apr 22, 2021

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

I mean, Qs never believe we honestly want the things we say we want and don't have some shadowy and incredibly rich figurehead calling all the shots.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

Yeah it's not a startling insightful thing to note, the problem is the guys publishing the study are going to get listened to.

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

https://twitter.com/_MAArgentino/status/1385235958807908355

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

That's a good all-in-one thread, yeah, Argentino's a good researcher imo.

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

That's a title I haven't heard in a very long time...

Halloween Jack
Sep 11, 2003

Let your word be "Yes, Yes" or "No, No"; anything more than this comes from the evil one.

I can get behind this

miniscule12
Jan 8, 2020

HAHA YEAH HE PEED IN HIS OWN MOUTH I'M GONNA KEEP BRINGING IT UP.

Halloween Jack posted:

I can get behind this

Only if Police is it's own race.

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

pig... must not kill... pig

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Lol remember when idiots were pushing the idea of a red-brown alliance between Boogs and leftists? That poo poo was dumb as hell.

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

Zeroisanumber posted:

Lol remember when idiots were pushing the idea of a red-brown alliance between Boogs and leftists? That poo poo was dumb as hell.

Alan Smithee
Jan 3, 2005

more like donkey honkey

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

awwwww

https://twitter.com/getsthegoods/status/1385990531721871360

Pentecoastal Elites
Feb 27, 2007

lmao this the laziest poo poo I've ever seen

liquify -> gently caress around -> paint daubs -> save file

Alan Smithee
Jan 3, 2005

good to see they are finally social distancing

Antifa Turkeesian
Aug 20, 2006

People have been social distancing from Loomer since 1993.

One More Fat Nerd
Apr 13, 2007
no neckbeard, though.

Nap Ghost

Antifa Turkeesian posted:

People have been social distancing from Loomer since 1993.

Any two random points on her face have been steadily distancing for years as well.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Who's her audience these days? Fascists who are into extremely dumb and embarrassing people?

Office Pig
Aug 1, 2010

YAY!

Zeroisanumber posted:

Who's her audience these days? Fascists who are into extremely dumb and embarrassing people?

her face is rather... smooth. easy to comprehend

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

Every idiot can count to one.

Pentecoastal Elites posted:

lmao this the laziest poo poo I've ever seen

liquify -> gently caress around -> paint daubs -> save file

Without a doubt, Jimmy paid real cash money to that donkey guy.

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

Office Pig posted:

her face is rather... smooth. easy to comprehend

Her face is impossible to comprehend because that requires looking at it long enough to process it.

If you're ugly on the inside, people, don't get plastic surgery to match, it will not make you a more sympathetic character.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

https://twitter.com/Luke_Turner/status/1387376057028907009

quote:

Much of the coverage at the time of the theft chose not just to ignore the nature of the attacks, but to spin the story in the very opposite direction. What was in reality part of a protracted gang-stalking campaign by a dangerously committed and obsessive neo-Nazi hate group intent on inflicting harm — perhaps the most frightening imaginable targeting to experience as a Jewish person — was framed by many as nothing more than “trolling”. The online alt-right propaganda machine had gone into overdrive, with memes of the theft immediately pumped out depicting the perpetrators as Pepe the Frog (a symbol coopted by the far-right and used as a proxy swastika). These were then promptly shared by prominent white supremacists on Twitter, including former leader of the Ku Klux Klan, David Duke. Elaborate tales originated on 4chan mythologising the raid in real-time, attributing the discovery of its undisclosed location to a complex triangulation of aeroplane contrails and cross-referenced star charts, portraying a misleading narrative of a “CIA-level operation” to track down and “capture” the artwork. What actually transpired was a brute-force attack by neo-Nazi thugs on the ground, bent on leaving no corner of the country safe for me or my artwork to exist.

>In one such account, Vice described the theft as “the heist of the century”, repeating alt-right propaganda about the raid verbatim, and conveying a disturbing admiration for those responsible. A few months later, liberal WNYC show Radiolab was forced to retract an entire episode focused on the theft that aired all the same counter-factual neo-Nazi talking points glorifying the perpetrators. The hosts alarmingly summed this up as “a really encouraging story” and “comforting”, seemingly awe-struck by the 4channers’ fabled ingenuity, without pausing to consider the reality of the hate crimes, motivated squarely by antisemitism, that had been committed — not to mention the experiences of the victims, and the further danger such coverage inevitably put us in. Within days of the episode’s broadcast, I had neo-Nazis showing up on my doorstep, bearing “Kekistan” and “Smash Cultural Marxism” banners, and posting swastikas through my letterbox, emboldened by the apparent widening of the Overton Window that this type of coverage seemed to represent.

GWBBQ
Jan 2, 2005

These are always hilarious because of the contrast between the contrast between their self-importance clashing with the reality that nobody even hates them to give a gently caress.
This kind of embodies what's annoyed me about the focus on RussiaGate and foreign interference in '16. Do Russian trolls exist? of course they do, who wouldn't take the opportunity for a few hundred thousand in hardware, some patriotic kids who throw together a bot farm out of poo poo they copied and pasted from StackExchange? But this is isn't some Tom Clancy poo poo, it's just easier than ever before to do and everyone with an interest in global politics would be stupid not to do it.

The problem is that one social media post, especially on Twitter, instantly gets amplified by the millions of people who don't care if it's real as long as they want to believe it. It's just like classic fact sheets and talking points memos, here's what to think and here's what to say. I've touched on it before, but the way this has evolved from the warping post-modernism into the post-truth of Iran Contra and what the definition of the word "is," is, to the lies of the wars in Afghanistan and especially Iraq, to the post-reality of so-called "fake news," a term to instantly shut down rational discussion like Sartre wrote about in "Anti-Semite and Jew,"

"They know that their remarks are frivolous, open to challenge. But they are amusing themselves, for it is their adversary who is obliged to use words responsibly, since he believes in words. "

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

ekuNNN posted:

Finnish cops were part of a far-right terror group
https://twitter.com/b9AcE/status/1384796227875655692

quote:

Officer A was suspected of preparing to commit aggravated offences against the life or health of one or more individuals on the basis of the messages.

However, Stenius concluded that the evidence did not meet the the bar for criminal prosecution.

The suspect claimed that the messages were talk that got out of hand, and were not preparations for committing an offence.

A preliminary investigation by the National Bureau of Investigation was able to rule out the possibility that the police officers had planned to commit violent acts, the prosecutor said.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

Every idiot can count to one.

Yes I would say that talk got very much "out of hand."

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

Whomst among us has not planned a massacre =)

SMEGMA_MAIL
May 4, 2018

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Minecraft Immunity Doctrine, which states that you must assume all police statements that could be unfavorable to them are assumed to be about Minecraft.

a fatguy baldspot
Aug 29, 2018

lmao

Zurtilik
Oct 23, 2015

What if they stole the cum jar instead?!

silentsnack
Mar 19, 2009

Donald John Trump (born June 14, 1946) is the 45th and current President of the United States. Before entering politics, he was a businessman and television personality.

Zurtilik posted:

What if they stole the cum jar instead?!

if they're that thirsty, as long as they return or recycle the empty jar afterward...

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

https://twitter.com/chadloder/status/1387902297703809024

Its Chocolate
Dec 21, 2019

horseshoe sense tingling

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

It would be cool if cops only arrested other cops, yes.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

https://files.catbox.moe/tiuwa0.mp4

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

https://twitter.com/RationalWiki/status/1388191345014095878?s=20

Alan Smithee
Jan 3, 2005

"what are you gonna do, arrest me?"
-man arrested

Flesh Forge