Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
 
  • Post
  • Reply
Aishlinn
Mar 31, 2011

This might hurt a bit..




Hoo boy. this is going to be a trip. AI dungeon is..as it's name might hint to, a roleplaying game, controlled by a (reasonably) smart AI. It gives the player nearly unlimited freedom to push the story (that is procedurally generated by said AI) forward in almost any direction they choose. The game is free to play here: https://play.aidungeon.io/ though you do need to register to play more than a little bit. I messed around with it briefly, and quickly came to the conclusion that this would be a blast to play as a collective, to see where the story takes us.

First we start with a setting.


I'm going to go ahead and pick "Fantasy" for this first foray.

then we're going to need the base for our character.


I'll let you guys pick this one out, will tally up the votes on what Character we are going to be, and we'll also need a Name



While we're waiting, going to go over a very loose set of rules for this let's play.
1: be as verbose as you like. Apparently the AI will deal with large chunks of text just fine, so go hog wild!
2: If the AI does something really stupid, I may edit it's responses if I deem it necessary for the story. you'll never know. maybe.
3: the game does feature an "Undo" button, to take back actions. Will use this very, very sparingly.
4: the game has options for "World building". If you want to add in some details about the world we're playing in, go for it. you can append that to a post, just tag it with a

5: try to take turns. I'll keep the thread updated pretty regularly to keep the story moving.
6: I'll occasionally step in to pop an action in myself from time to time, just to keep things interesting, and will also try and add some 3rd person narration to go along with the story as it unfolds.

Voting on our Character type and Name will end at noon EST on jan 4th, and we'll get this show on the road!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

u sp33k l33t br0
Sep 12, 2007

Who Doesn't Like Intercourse?


Soiled Meat

Princess Chuck

BraveLittleToaster
May 5, 2019


I'm curious, so I'll suggest Fairy for our character.

And I also propose the name of Rumpelstiltskin for our fair fairy. Here's hoping this AI Dungeon thread'll last longer than the ones that came before!

Inadequately
Oct 9, 2012


A Peasant named Shirty McDung

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof



The character is a peasant dwarf with a short but girthy penis; his name is Tuna Can Tom.

Aishlinn
Mar 31, 2011

This might hurt a bit..




well, not a lot of choices to pick from, but we got two votes for the Peasant and i think Tuna Can Tom is funnier, so tom it is!


dungeonmaster posted:

You are Tuna Can Tom, a peasant living in a small village in the kingdom of Larion. You have a pitchfork and nothing else. You dream of getting out of your village and having an adventure. You go to your fields and begin working. You look up and see a red dragon flying overhead. He drops a red dragon egg into your fields. Inside is a future friend you can take along on your adventures...

A year passes...

Dragons just flying overhead, dropping their eggs wherever they want. what is this world coming to?

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013


Can we pet the baby dragon yet? It doesn't specify whether the egg hatched!

Aishlinn
Mar 31, 2011

This might hurt a bit..




Rappaport posted:

Can we pet the baby dragon yet? It doesn't specify whether the egg hatched!

dungeon master posted:

> You pet the baby dragon.
Your life as a peasant in the kingdom of Larion is monotonous. All of the peasants work the same boring jobs. You are tilling the fields, but you are distracted by a strange noise. You look up into the sky and see a small dragon.

i guess we tried, but it's up in the air!

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

Sacrifice your blood to the dragon god.

Broken Box
Jan 29, 2009



make a dragon egg omelet if it is unhatched

edit: if that is our dragon flying, sing a song to it

Aishlinn
Mar 31, 2011

This might hurt a bit..




Broken Box posted:

make a dragon egg omelet if it is unhatched

edit: if that is our dragon flying, sing a song to it

dungeonmaster posted:

> You sing a song to the small dragon.
You sings a song to the dragon.
"One person, two people, pass the salt, three people, no people, can't go on merrily anymore."
The dragon laughs.

BraveLittleToaster
May 5, 2019


Tell it a joke about women with swords in ponds.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.


Eat the dragon egg

Aishlinn
Mar 31, 2011

This might hurt a bit..




BraveLittleToaster posted:

Tell it a joke about women with swords in ponds.

Dungeonmaster posted:

> You tell the dragon a joke about women in ponds with swords.
The dragon laughs.
The dragon joins you and you both work in the fields. One day, a loud noise is heard outside. It is a group of men. They tell you peasants to get off their land.

"Well that escalated quickly."

BraveLittleToaster
May 5, 2019


Politely ask the dragon to burn one of them to ashes with its fire breath as a warning to stay off your land.

Aishlinn
Mar 31, 2011

This might hurt a bit..




BraveLittleToaster posted:

Politely ask the dragon to burn one of them to ashes with its fire breath as a warning to stay off your land.

Dungeonmaster posted:

> You politely ask the dragon to burn one of them to ashes with its fire breath as a warning to stay off your land.
The dragon complies and breathes a stream of fire on the men, but they are protected by steel helmets and leather vests. You all hide in a cave.

oh..wait..poo poo!

BraveLittleToaster
May 5, 2019


Apparently steel helmets can stop dragon breath.

Come up with a plan to drive these do-badders off your land.

Aishlinn
Mar 31, 2011

This might hurt a bit..




BraveLittleToaster posted:

Apparently steel helmets can stop dragon breath.

Come up with a plan to drive these do-badders off your land.

Dungeonmaster posted:

> You come up with a plan to drive the men from your land.
You come up with a plan. The men have no weapons other to old, blunt axes and rusty swords.

not sure exactly how that's a "plan", but it's good to know that they aren't particularly well armed.

BraveLittleToaster
May 5, 2019


Tell the dragon to sneak up on them from the rear while you create a diversion that'll divert their attention from it.

Aishlinn
Mar 31, 2011

This might hurt a bit..




BraveLittleToaster posted:

Tell the dragon to sneak up on them from the rear while you create a diversion that'll divert their attention from it.

Dungeonmaster posted:

> You tell the dragon to sneak up on them from the rear while you create a diversion that'll divert their attention from it.
The dragon nods and approaches one of the men from behind. You create a distraction: a large bear appears and scares away the men, who run away in terror. The dragon follows them with its gaze.

Power unlocked : Summon Bear!

BraveLittleToaster
May 5, 2019


We are Tuna Can Tom, friend of all beasts.

Invite the dragon and bear to a celebration dinner, and talk merrily of the day we've had.

Aishlinn
Mar 31, 2011

This might hurt a bit..




BraveLittleToaster posted:

We are Tuna Can Tom, friend of all beasts.

Invite the dragon and bear to a celebration dinner, and talk merrily of the day we've had.

Dungeonmaster posted:

> You invite the dragon and bear to a celebration dinner, and talk merrily of the day we've had.
The dragon and bear come to you and you have a celebration dinner. You talk of the events of the day, and then finally, you go to sleep.
The next day, you and the dragon travel further into the mountains.
Several months pass...
Objective complete: Leave the village

Yeah, the game sets arbitrary objectives in the story, and really does play a little fanfare when you complete them.

Aishlinn
Mar 31, 2011

This might hurt a bit..




Dungeonmaster posted:

One day,...
A voice from above sounds, waking you up.
It's the dragon! You look up to see it flying overhead, and it's grown quite large.

Aww. Our little friend is growing up. maybe it needs a Name And what should we do next?

BraveLittleToaster
May 5, 2019


I'll suggest we name the dragon Grigori. As for what to do...

Search for the nearest village to visit for listening to rumors of adventure.

Aishlinn
Mar 31, 2011

This might hurt a bit..




BraveLittleToaster posted:

I'll suggest we name the dragon Grigori. As for what to do...

Search for the nearest village to visit for listening to rumors of adventure.

Dungeonmaster posted:

> You name the dragon "Grigori" and then head off to the nearest village to search for adventure.
You name the dragon "Grigori"(which means "Antichrist" in old language). The next morning, you head off to the nearest village with it.

Well uh..that's pretty metal I guess

Broken Box
Jan 29, 2009



explain the birds and the bees to grigori

Aishlinn
Mar 31, 2011

This might hurt a bit..




Broken Box posted:

explain the birds and the bees to grigori

Dungeonmaster posted:

> You explain the birds and the bees to grigori.
You explain the birds and the bees to the dragon, trying your best to teach it about sex.
Grigori looks at you as you try to hide behind a tree.

to be fair, i think i did the same thing.

BraveLittleToaster
May 5, 2019


Enter the village, and begin listening for any rumors of places to adventure too.

This peasant has bigger ambitions now.

Aishlinn
Mar 31, 2011

This might hurt a bit..




BraveLittleToaster posted:

Enter the village, and begin listening for any rumors of places to adventure too.

This peasant has bigger ambitions now.

> You enter the village, and begin listening for any rumors of places to adventure too.
You enter the village, and begin to listen for any rumors of places to adventure too...
Nobody seems to have heard anything, and after a few minutes, you leave the village as well.


Try again, AI. Let's not be boring now.

Dungeonmaster posted:

> You enter the village, and begin listening for any rumors of places to adventure too.
You enter the village with the dragon.
You listen carefully for rumors of any place worth visiting.
There is a rumor of a hidden temple somewhere on the borders of the country.

that's more like it!

Aishlinn fucked around with this message at 02:17 on Jan 6, 2021

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007



Yam Slacker

Gather up a party of skilled rogues for the temple heist caper

Broken Box
Jan 29, 2009



do that then make the rogues wear colored and animal themed shirts

Aishlinn
Mar 31, 2011

This might hurt a bit..




AJ_Impy posted:

Gather up a party of skilled rogues for the temple heist caper

dungeonmaster posted:

> You gather up a party of skilled rogues for the temple heist caper.
You decide to go with your friend, the dragon, to the temple.
You gather up a party of skilled rogues that you know.
The temple is located in the town of Sancre Tor, on the border of the Kingdom of Man and the barbarian land of Kovis.
You travel to the town by horseback.

Sancre Tor? That sounds...familiar.
https://elderscrolls.fandom.com/wiki/Battle_of_Sancre_Tor Ohh yeah, thats why it was familiar!


Broken Box posted:

do that then make the rogues wear colored and animal themed shirts

dungeonmaster posted:

> You make the rogues wear colorful, animal themed shirts.
You make all the rogues wear colorful, animal themed shirts.
After a few days of travel, you begin to near the town.
As you get closer, you see a massive army surrounding the town.

Aishlinn fucked around with this message at 02:45 on Jan 6, 2021

BraveLittleToaster
May 5, 2019


Ask Grigori if he can carry you and your party stealthily over the army i order to land in the town proper.

Aishlinn
Mar 31, 2011

This might hurt a bit..




BraveLittleToaster posted:

Ask Grigori if he can carry you and your party stealthily over the army i order to land in the town proper.

dungeonmaster posted:

> You ask Grigori if he can carry you and your party stealthily over the army in order to land in the town proper.
Grigori nods, and the dragon flies silently over the army to the town.
You ride Grigori to the ground. You jump off, and immediately begin sneaking around the army.

our little dragon is growing up so fast :3 we're in the town now at least. hopefully the walls (?) keep the army at bay.

BraveLittleToaster
May 5, 2019


Gather your party and venture forth to bust down the temple door.

Aishlinn
Mar 31, 2011

This might hurt a bit..




BraveLittleToaster posted:

Gather your party and venture forth to bust down the temple door.

Just to keep things on track, don't you think we should deal with the army first? gotta approach this adventure with the mindset of "Treat this like a book. what fun is it to just skip over half the chapters?" Like yeah, the ai will roll with it if we do, but it should be about the journey, not just the destination. I'm in no great rush to speed the story along full tilt, when we can take our time and savor the weirdness.


dungeonmaster posted:

> You gather your party and try to bust down the temple door.
You gather your party and start walking towards the temple.
You begin hearing a lot of noise ahead of you, that army is fully surrounding the town! The temple is at least a few miles away, perhaps this isn't yet the best course of action, until that army is dealt with! Besides, what good is treasure if there's nowhere to spend it!

Yeah...i meddled with the response. Or did i?

BraveLittleToaster
May 5, 2019


Fair enough.

Find out exactly who's in this town and ask what's going on.

Got to be some NPCs with answers around. Surely the army's just sieging here for no particular reason

Veloxyll
May 3, 2011

Fuck you say?!

Ask the leader of the army why they are here

Aishlinn
Mar 31, 2011

This might hurt a bit..




BraveLittleToaster posted:

Fair enough.

Find out exactly who's in this town and ask what's going on.

Got to be some NPCs with answers around. Surely the army's just sieging here for no particular reason

dungeonmaster posted:

> You find out exactly who's in this town and ask what's going on.
You find out that the town is called "Sancre Tor", it's lead by a shaman, and it's fairly large.

> You ask the shaman why the army is attacking the town.
The shaman is sat in his large hut, staring at a picture of his wife and child. When he hears your question, he looks up and seems surprised to see you.
He explains that an army of Turric warriors from the Kingdom of Nakol have been raiding the borders of the two kingdoms for weeks, and they're having a difficult time dealing with them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kangra
May 7, 2012



I sure hope this guy gets back to his wife and kid sometime soon.

Ask the shaman what animal the Turric are most afraid of.

  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
  • Post
  • Reply