Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

Pylons posted:

AEW Women's Eliminator Tournament 3/1

HM: Nyla Rose vs. Thunder Rosa

NTH

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

HM
23rd February
Dragon Gate Truth Gate Night 8
Kagetora vs Shuji Kondo

HM
23rd February
Dragon Gate Truth Gate Night 8
Masquerade (Jason Lee, La Estrella & Shun Skywalker) vs RED (Eita, Kaito Ishida, KAZMA SAKAMOTO & SB KENTo)

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
Some catchup here:

HM: Jon Moxley vs KENTA NJPW New Beginning in America 26.02

A very fine match, albeit a bit short. Was considering MOTYC, but as it happens the next match on my list was

MATCH OF THE loving YEAR: Tomohiro Ishii vs Jay White NJPW Castle Attack 27.02

Big Tom Stone Pitbull Tough And Hard Tomohiro Ishii is the best wrestler on the planet, and no I will not be taking questions. Also Switchblade is a goddamn slime and I hate him so, so much.

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Cerebral Bore posted:

Also Switchblade is a goddamn slime

Imagining a light novel/anime series called That Time I Got Reincarnated As A Switchblade. It’s existential horror instead of isekai fantasy

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

a cyborg mug posted:

Imagining a light novel/anime series called That Time I Got Reincarnated As A Switchblade. It’s existential horror instead of isekai fantasy

Hell exists and I have just glimpsed it.

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
HM: Stu Grayson vs. JD Drake, AEW Dark 3/2/21

this was way better than it had any right to be

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

graph posted:

:yeah:

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

graph posted:

Yeah, I'll Nth this.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

graph posted:

Nth

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

graph posted:

https://i.imgur.com/eyoJ7lg.mp4

agreed

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

graph posted:

I liked the Kingston match with Drake a lot but this match slapped.

Grayson is so good.

e: this is an nth

Jordan7hm fucked around with this message at 22:11 on Mar 3, 2021

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

HM
30th January
Stardom Nippon Budokan Great Eve Festival
Cosmic Stars (Tam Nakano & Unagi Sayaka) vs Donna Del Mondo (Giulia & Maika)

With how loaded the Budokan show is I decided I needed to get stuck into the Stardom backlog because I've fallen behind since the Anniversary show in January. Intend to watch this and the 2 Valentine's weekend shows at least.

Anyway, this match is a precursor to the start of Unagi's 7 match trial series, the first match being against Giulia. So there is a lot of Giulia no-selling slaps and forearms to the face, Sayaka doing things like getting whipped into the ropes and just baseball sliding out to start attacking Giulia. There's some real "big brothering" going on. Meanwhile you also got some stiff exchanges with Giulia & Tam who isn't impressed with the disrespect shown to her partner.

Also post match Tam has a good line, Sayaka will break your nose and I'll break your neck.

It's far from the best match you'll see but it's enjoyable

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

HM
30th January
Stardom Nippon Budokan Great Eve Festival
SWA Undisputed World Title
Syuri (c) vs Momo Watanabe

Very good match

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

MOTYC: Cody and Red Velvet/"Diesel Dog Mafia" Shaq and Jade Cargill, AEW

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

MOTYC: Cody Rhodes and Red Velvet vs. Shaquille O'Neal and Jade Cargill - AEW Dynamite 3/3

Technically it might have been a mess but they booked and executed this thing so incredibly beautifully it doesn't matter, just a pure joy of a match to watch.

Edit:

graph posted:

Giving this the last vote it needs.

Jerusalem fucked around with this message at 02:25 on Mar 4, 2021

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

HM: Cody/Red Velvet vs. Shaq/Jade Cargill, AEW Dynamite 3/3

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

NienNunb posted:

MOTYC: Cody and Red Velvet/"Diesel Dog Mafia" Shaq and Jade Cargill, AEW

nth.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Jerusalem posted:

MOTYC: Cody Rhodes and Red Velvet vs. Shaquille O'Neal and Jade Cargill - AEW Dynamite 3/3

Technically it might have been a mess but they booked and executed this thing so incredibly beautifully it doesn't matter, just a pure joy of a match to watch.

100% Nth. This on paper should have been a WMOTYC but they went all out in the complete opposite direction. Amazing stuff.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Jerusalem posted:

Steve Amell has been dethroned. This is the best celeb match of all time by miles. This was so loving good period.

NTH

YourHumbleMessiah
Oct 11, 2005

Aye Doc posted:

Nth SHAQ ATTAQ

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Aye Doc posted:

Yeah I'll go HM. It's the dictionary definition of playing to almost everyone's strengths (Cody didn't blade or it'd have been MOTY)

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Jerusalem posted:

Nth because it blew my expectations out of the water. Shaq of all people even looked good in the match.

Completely engaged in the match. Had to hold the pee for this one, friends. The pee. Held. You know the feeling.

Yep. Worth it.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Jerusalem posted:

Technically it might have been a mess but they booked and executed this thing so incredibly beautifully it doesn't matter, just a pure joy of a match

Big time Nth

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

HM: Ryo Mizunami Vs Nyla Rose: AEW Dynamite Crossroads

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Junpei Hyde posted:

nth

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

HM: Ryo Mizunami vs. Nyla Rose in the Final of the AEW Women's World Championship Eliminator Tournament - AEW Dynamite 3/3

drat good match, drat good finish. drat great tournament.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Junpei Hyde posted:

Easy nth

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

Junpei Hyde posted:

nth. great match.

Psychepath
Apr 30, 2003

Junpei Hyde posted:

Yes.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

HM: FTR & Tully Blanchard vs. Jungle Express - AEW Dynamite 3/3

I'm real tempted to go full MOTYC on this.

Jerusalem posted:

HM: Ryo Mizunami vs. Nyla Rose in the Final of the AEW Women's World Championship Eliminator Tournament - AEW Dynamite 3/3

Nth. What a match.

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

Junpei Hyde posted:

Oh yeah for sure nth

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Jerusalem posted:

Dango Bango posted:

Jerusalem posted:

nthing all of these

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Dango Bango posted:

Oh yeah seconding this, forgot because I was too busy marking out over Arn throwing up the 4 :hellyeah:

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
MOTYC: Ryo Mizunami vs. Nyla Rose in the Final of the AEW Women's World Championship Eliminator Tournament - AEW Dynamite 3/3

the real poo poo here

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

HM
26th February
Dragon Gate Truth Gate Night 9
Royal Sambo Battle Royal
Susumu Yokosuka vs. Ryo Saito vs. Kono Mama Ichikawa vs. Super Shisa vs. Yasushi Kanda vs. Shachihoko BOY vs. Takashi Yoshida vs. Mondai Ryu vs. Yosuke Santa Maria vs. Bokutimo Dragon vs. SB KENTo vs. La Estrella

Absolute hoot. I laughed from start to the finish. Kono Mama/Stalker Ichikawa continues to be the single best comedy wrestler in the world, 21 years straight. This starts with him & Yoshida the first pair out (everyone comes out in pairs after that), except he's arrived late. He's only got one boot on & hasn't done his makeup. And so it goes from there. The young guys like KENTo & Estrella get a chance to shine, but this is really all about the nonsense & I loved it for that.

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
HM: Hangman Adam Page & John Silver vs. Marc Quen & Matt Hardy, AEW Dynamite, 3/3

Metroid Fitzgerald
Feb 13, 2012

B O O O O B S . . . !

Aye Doc posted:

Dango Bango posted:

Nth. What a match.

Jerusalem posted:

Nth

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Jerusalem posted:

nth

ryos german suplex was loving awesome

purkey
Dec 5, 2003

I hate the 90s

Punch McLightning posted:

MOTYC: Ryo Mizunami vs. Nyla Rose in the Final of the AEW Women's World Championship Eliminator Tournament - AEW Dynamite 3/3

the real poo poo here

I'll second that. Easily my favorite match of the night, and the post match friendly violence was great too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

Pylons posted:

AEW Women's Eliminator Tournament 3/1

HM: Nyla Rose vs. Thunder Rosa

graph posted:

Nth!