Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:

Breitbart Is Rightbart posted:

HM: Roman Reigns vs Kevin Owens, Royal Rumble.

Great match until that flat finish

yup, finish pulled an early contender for WWE MOTY (not the highest bar to clear, tbf) down to just "wow, I got to feel kinda good about watching a WWE match for once"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

TTBF posted:

HM: Super Delfin, Chris Brookes, Maki Itoh vs MAO, Keigo Nakamura, Mirai Maiumi, DDT Kawasaki Strong 2/14

sure. also HM: Saki Akai/Maya Yuhki vs Saori Anou/Miyaoko Matsumotoi, DDT Kawasaki Strong 2/14. thought that was a fuckin blast

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

i actually liked the commentary in the moment once i got kinda used to it (so like 5 minutes in), but i hope they shove that thing on youtube with no commentary

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

i've slept on it and

MOTYC: Dr Cube vs JTG, VxS 4/10

there was no point in this match where i knew what was going to happen next, which is the best thing i can say about a pro wrestling match 8 years into watching this poo poo like it's my job. some truly astonishing moments.

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

Testekill posted:

HM: Daniel Bryan vs Edge vs Roman Reigns, WWE Wrestlemania Night 2, 4/11/21

very good match, lotta fun stuff, i thought the ending was perfectly fine so no problems there but the pacing was a bit too uneven for it to hit motyc for me, plus triple threats just are a bad loving match format

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

id like to give HM nominations to the TJPW 3v3 with Maki Itoh in it and the Damnation vs Mao/Shunma/Brookes match but i am Too Tired To Type Them Out Properly so if someone else can do that so i can quote it thatd be great

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

SG Bamboo posted:

FMW-E Independence Day July 4th
MOTYC
Atsushi Onita, Minoru Fujita and Ricky Fuji vs Abdullah Kobayashi, Onryo and Yuko Miyamoto
- Onita set out to show AEW how to really do explosions, I'd say he succeded. It looked like a goddamn warzone in there with all the smoke, surprised the fire department didn't show up to inverstigate. loving lunacy, well worth the 1000 yen

I think, yeah, nth'd

I have no idea how this holds up on a VOD watch because I feel like my entire metric for rating deathmatches is "how much mortal terror did I have for everyone in this match while watching live." Usually I've found explosion deathmatches watched after the fact are kind whatever since you know how gimmicked they are and everyone walked away okay, but watching the live stream, every time an explosion went off I just assumed someone had loving died. The last five minutes being Drew Parker yelling that horrific things were happening, seeing nothing in the smoke and incredibly awful camera direction that was mostly focusing on Abdullah slowly trying to stand up for four minutes, and then hearing another giant explosion somewhere in the distance was pure wrestling art on the level of the NOAH staredown.

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

WMOTYC: Kenny Omega vs. Sami Callihan, No DQ Impact World Championship

sami calihan is like if you took the deathmatches from the bottom half of a gcw card and stretched them out to 35 minutes and removed the actually interesting spots

actually this is unfair to the bottom half of a gcw card because everyone save shlak is more charismatic than this clown motherfucker

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

YourHumbleMessiah posted:

MOTY: Drew Parker vs Alex Colon GCW Homecoming Night 1 7/24/21

NickRoweFillea posted:

MOTY: Alwayz Ready Matt Cardona v. Nick Gage, GCW Homecoming

yeah, if you're checking out this show for cardona/gage please go back and watch parker/colon because parker getting that match 36 hours after winning the big japan deathmatch title and a 14 hour flight to america is loving incredible and maybe the most herculean thing any wrestler has done this year

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

TTBF posted:

Surprised there's no love for

HM: Psycho Clown vs Rey Escorpion - Triplemania August 14th

i'll nth this, they made the weird choice of going from garbage brawl to a normalish lucha match which i think normally works but felt weird for a very literal blood feud, so that kept it from the MOTYC heights of e.g. pagano vs chessman last year, but it still did end up working pretty drat well for what it was

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

KungFu Grip posted:

WMOTYC: Charlotte Flair vs Nia Jax, WWE RAW 8/30/21

also

MOTCY: Charlotte Flair vs Nia Jax, WWE RAW 8/30/21

its certainly must watch stuff and i heard there was some on the floor brawling during the commercial that makes me desperate for a fancam

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

HM: Daniel Garcia vs Minoru Suzuki - West Coast Pro Wrestling 10/8

this is on IWTV and a blast, go check it out if you have it

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

a cyborg mug posted:

MOTYC: King Kong Karhula vs Shemeikka, FCF Talvisota XV, 12/11

No, it’s not available anywhere, sorry. Just gotta rep my local promotion.

This was a main event title match of the highest caliber. It feels like FCF has been missing this kind of big signature match for almost two years. Excellent stuff from both men

can you get them to invest in like one cheap camcorder on a tripod since ever since britwres imploded and and wxw became fed city i havent seen any european wrestling

also i dunno there's like 20 people on this card who literally no one outside of finland has ever seen wrestle, i bet at least one of them is good enough they could be a star in a huge promotion if they wanted but i dunno how they'd ever have the opportunity unless companies like this start making tapes

abraham linksys fucked around with this message at 06:31 on Dec 12, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

forkboy84 posted:

MOTYC
26th December
DDT Never Mind 2021
Eruption (Kazusada Higuchi, Saki Akai & Yukio Sakaguchi) vs Itoh Respect Army (Chris Brookes, Maki Itoh & Minoru Suzuki)

nthing this, I finally admitted to myself I wouldn't get around to watching the whole DDT show so I just put this on and it was a loving amazing match, felt like i got an entire show's worth of wrestling right there. genuinely think this is my MOTY, just gave me a level of joy nothing else I've seen this year comes close to

(will try to watch that KO-D match and then maybe all of GLEAT to ring in the new year)