Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Cerebral Bore posted:

HM: Satoshi Kojima vs KENTA NJPW Wrestle Kingdom 15 04.01

Just two guys beating the piss out of each other and it owned.

2nd

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Cerebral Bore posted:

HM: Hiroshi Tanahashi vs Great O-Khan NJPW Wrestle Kingdom 15 04.01

Maybe not the best match, but certainly the most heartwarming match. Ol' man Tana can still go :unsmith:

3rd. O-Khan good

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

I clearly need to rewatch Okada Ospreay because I have it at ***1/2

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Cerebral Bore posted:

MOTYC: Tetsuya Naito vs Kota Ibushi NJPW Wrestle Kingdom 15 04.01

Holy gently caress what a match. No necks left undestroyed.

2nd

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

HM
3rd January
DDT New Year Special 2021
Eruption (Saki Akai & Yukio Sakaguchi) & Gota Ihashi vs. Toi Kojima, Tomomitsu Matsunaga & Toru Owashi

I think I just voted for this match 50% because of Ihashi's frankly brilliant take on the hyper-cool Eruption entrance. I don't want to spoil it but it is so great. Match itself, solid.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

Yeah this was good

Also

WMOTYC: Chase Owens vs Bad Luck Fale vs Toru Yano vs BUSHI - WK15 1.5

Dont put this poo poo on WK

2nd.

Cerebral Bore posted:

MOTYC: Shingo Takagi vs Jeff Cobb NJPW Wrestle Kingdom 15 05.01

The platonic ideal of BEEF hath descended to the earth and graced us with its presence.

2nd

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Rarity posted:

HM: Hiromu Takahashi vs. Taiji Ishimori, NJPW Wrestle Kingdom 15, 05/01

2nd. Honestly a bit disappointed in Hiromu. It lacked that certain something you just come to expect from him & yet it was still extremely good

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Cerebral Bore posted:

MOTYC: Kota Ibushi vs Jay White NJPW Wrestle Kingdom 15 05.01

God fought the Devil and it owned.

2nd

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

A 2020 match for you that just aired today

HM
25th December 2020
Freedoms Blood Xmas
King of Freedoms Tag Team Titles
Mammoth Sasaki & Violento Jack vs Brahman Kei & Brahman Shu

The other day I was bemoaning Brahman Bros being a team I'd only want to see in Great Space Wars matches but I was a fool. This is top shenanigans nonsense. Jack and Sasaki really go with it. It's a clusterfuck in the most joyful way. Jack and Sasaki are an underrated team

forkboy84 fucked around with this message at 00:57 on Jan 6, 2021

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

MOTYC: Jun Kasai & Kenji Fukimoto vs. Toshiyuki Sakuda & Takayuki Ueki

This was Ueki's FREEDOMS debut and he pulled off one of the best individual performances of the year. Absolute madman. Sakuda remains an evil loving gnome of a man.

https://twitter.com/b3rt4/status/1346478121000738820?s=19

2nd

Ueki was loving recklessly insane even by death match standards and that one spot with the lemons, good lord what a visual.

I can't believe someone from this match is now.a champion in All Japan but I love it

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

MOTYC: Toru Sugiura (c) vs. Masashi Takeda for the King of FREEDOMS

2nd this as well. I can't believe I ended up getting back into death matches. At least it is a higher calibre than watching fat dudes in the gross old IWA Mid South ring

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

This is a post from the last thread but with links for all the early year All Japan matches for you to check out

forkboy84 posted:

Right you are boss man

HM
1st January
Gatoh Move ChocoPro 77
5 Way New Year Death Match
Emi Sakura vs Antonio Honda vs Rin Rin vs Obihiro Sayaka vs Choun Shiryu

A very silly match featuring Antonio Honda going insane. The aim is to place the mandarin that is hanging from the ceiling on top of 2 mochi. I'd be lying if I said it made sense but it did make me laugh.

HM
1st January
Gatoh Move ChocoPro 77
Best Bros (Baliyan Akki & Mei Suruga) vs Pencil Army (Lulupencil & Minoru Fujita)

Pencil Army isn't for everyone, but if you can take silliness & immersion breaking nonsense in your wrestling then you should really enjoy Lulupencil & friends. Here Big Japan Death Match Champion Minoru Fujita puts on the dungarees & baseball cap to join the army as they try to vanquish the dastardly Best Bros. There's table spots & a ludicrous dive onto a pile of stools & Akki doing some very cool dives using the windows. Utterly unique.

HM
2nd January
All Japan Pro Wrestling New Year's War Night 1
Enfants Terribles (Hokuto Omori, Shotaro Ashino & Yusuke Kodama) vs Akira Francesco, Jake Lee & TAJIRI

Maybe I'm just really wanting this to be the year that AJPW actually get behind Enfants Terribles like they should have in the back half of 2020 but this was a real nice undercard 6 man tag. It goes under 10 minutes, Akira gets ragdolled by Ashino's suplexes, & it teases a potential feud between the leaders of Enfants & JIN so that's cool.

HM
2nd January
Astronauts (Fuminori Abe & Takuya Nomura) vs Ikuto Hidaka & Koji Iwamoto

Astronauts are the BJW Heavyweight Tag Team title holders, Nomura & Abe are two of the most exciting talent on the Japanese indies (Abe works everywhere from Gatoh Move & 666 to Basara & Big Japan, Cagematch has him at 139 appearances in 2020 despite it being a plague shortened year, & they don't even have all his appearances according to Strigga). They are also growing into my favourite tag team of the moment. They just hit guys really hard, so does Hidaka (at one point Hidaka & Nomura start slapping each other & the ringside camera ends up with saliva on the lens because hey, Hidaka hits that hard). Really loving hope they stick around All Japan this year because Astronauts rule, more of this please.

HM
2nd January
All Japan World Tag Team Titles
Violent Giants (Shuji Ishikawa & Suwama) vs NEXTREAM (Kento Miyahara & Yuma Aoyagi)

That's twice in a fortnight I've watched Ishikawa prove he can actually still be really good in tag team matches. It's real good.

HM
3rd January
All Japan Pro Wrestling New Year's War Night 2
All Asia Tag Team Titles
Purple Haze (Izanagi & Zeus) vs Enfants Terribles (Hokuto Omori & Koji Doi)

HM
3rd January
GAORA TV Title
Table, Ladder & Chairs
Yoshitatsu vs Jun Kasai

You've got a death match legend against the long running TV champ (587 day reign as of this event!), there's a ladder set up in the middle of the ring, there's a table in one corner, a pile of chairs in another. Okay, it's weird seeing a TLC match in a very traditional champion but Jun Kasai knows what he's doing & this worked well. They didn't over do the crazy spots, but they did do plenty of traumatic brain injury inducing stuff (Yoshitatsu has the ladder & spins around & Kasai walks into it repeatedly & the first one, holy poo poo), I laughed, I was entralled.

MOTYC
3rd January
Triple Crown Title
Suwama vs Yuma Aoyagi

A match that started slow & built to a bit of overkill, but watching at 5am a bit of overkill was exactly what I needed to stay awake. It probably went a little long but I thought it was Suwama's best title defence since Ashino last summer.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

karmicknight posted:

I keep forgetting the YMZ starting doing the ChocoPro "matches on youtube" thing around the same time Yoneyama was around for a ChocoPro tag match.
Hopefully checking this match out will make me solidly remember.

I can't decide if Hikaru Sato is a bit troublesome in parts or not but I enjoy his dedication to cross dressing on these YMZ shows.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

HM
3rd January
DDT New Year Special 2021
DAMNATION (Tetsuya Endo, Yuji Hino & Soma Takao) vs Chris Brookes, HARASHIMA & Kazusada Higuchi

Won't blow your socks off but HARASHIMA and Hino having a kick/chop off loving rules. I'm just happy he's finally in a promotion that's easy to follow.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

HM
1/1
ZERO1 Happy New Year 2021
Aja Kong, Shinjiro Otani & Yumehito Imanari vs. Strong Hearts (CIMA, El Lindaman & T-Hawk)

You've got an all time like Ohtani, you've a Joshi great in Kong, you've one of the best teams on the indies in Strong Hearts and most importantly you've got little poo poo El Lindaman against the monster Aja Kong and it was fun.

Post match also set up Lindaman vs Asuka and yes please.

forkboy84 fucked around with this message at 00:46 on Jan 11, 2021

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

HM
1/1
ZERO1 Happy New Year 2021
ZERO1 World Heavyweight Title Match
Tamura Hayato (c) vs. Masato Tanaka

Match flew by. Hayato is going to be a big deal one day, Tanaka is still amazing against all odds (is there anyone else who was active in original ECW who can go at this dudes level in 2021?), and his sliding elbow looks like murder.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

I definitely did not, shocked as I was to notice at the end "oh, that's Kazuki Hashimoto, not a random young boy, he's got a decade of experience & I didn't doubt for a second he was someone 1 year into his career"

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

HM
4/1
Pro Wrestling NOAH New Sunrise
Sugiura-gun (Kazunari Murakami, Kazushi Sakuraba & Takashi Sugiura) vs. Kongo (Katsuhiko Nakajima, Kenou & Masa Kitamiya)

Murakami already fits in to Sugiura-gun vs Kongo

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

HM
12/1
Dragon Gate Open The New Year Gate
Open The Twin Gate titles
RED (BxB Hulk & KAI) vs Masquerade (Jason Lee & Kota Minoura)

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Dimebags Brain posted:

I'll second these and add from 1/13 the next night

HM: MASQUERADE (Shun Skywalker, Jason Lee, Kota Minoura, and La Estrella) vs. R.E.D. (BxB Hulk, KAI, Kaito Ishida, and Hip Hop Kikuta)

The Masquerade team are really really good together. Don't think I've seen a 4/5 man match from the unit that hasn't been at least HM worthy.

2nd

Also

HM
13th January
DRAGON GATE Open The New Year Gate
Dragon Kid vs YAMATO

Finish knocked it down a little but they still had a very good match.

And

HM
13th January
Dragon Gate Open The New Year Gate
Open The Triangle Gate Titles
RED (Kazma Sakamoto, SB KENTo & Takashi Yoshida) vs Natural Vibes (Genki Horiguchi, Kzy & Susumu Yokosuka)

forkboy84 fucked around with this message at 01:27 on Jan 14, 2021

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Jerusalem posted:

Same show name for both dates? Is it a "Night 1" "Night 2" situation?

It's just the tour name, I was too lazy to check Cagematch for what night it was. It was Nights 4 & 5

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

HM
10th January
Pro Wrestling NOAH Higher Ground 2021
GHC Junior Heavyweight title
Daisuke Harada vs Hajime Ohara

This was great. Finish was a tiny bit underwhelming but other than that I was really invested in this and hope we get more from Ohara this year. NOAH junior division isn't deep and has a lot of guys that are more character than talent, but there's a core of extremely solid, fun guys like Harada, Ohara, Ogawa, Hioh(? I always mix then up, the one that wasn't Hi69), Hidaka now.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

MOTYC
10th January
Pro Wrestling NOAH Higher Ground 2021
Kongo (Kenoh, Katsuhiko Nakajima, Manabu Soya & Masa Kitamiya) vs NOAH (Go Shiozaki, Kaito Kiyomiya, Naomichi Marufuji & Takashi Sugiura)

Kind of expected a whatever match, nice little man tag. But this was more than that. Exactly as brutal as you could hope for and there were no real passengers (maybe Maru I guess, can't think of much he did). Love my Kongo beef boys, and my Kongo kick boys, it was very good fun indeed.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

HM
4th January
Tokyo Joshi Pro '21
Saki-sama & Mei Saint Michel vs Sena Shiori & Hikari Noa

Mei and Saki are very good together. Mei's spot with the tray causing her opponent to slip was rad.

HM
4th January
Tokyo Joshi Pro '21
Maki Ito vs Miyu Yamashita

HM
4th January
Tokyo Joshi Pro '21
Princess of Princess title
Yuka Sakazaki vs Rika Tatsumi

Still very good but they totally lost me for the finishing stretch for some reason.

forkboy84 fucked around with this message at 00:57 on Jan 17, 2021

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

HM
17th January
Dragon Gate Open The New Year Gate Night 6
Ttre Cup
Masquerade (La Estrella, Jason Lee & Shun Skywalker) vs RED (Dia Inferno, Eita & Kaito Ishida) vs Dragon Kid, Keisuke Okuda & YAMATO

Also Segment of the Year nomination for the Natural Vibes new member audition. Dragon Kid and Don Fujii in particular were amazing. Just hilarious.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

HM
10th January
AJPW Chiba Extra Dream 25
JIN (Ayato Yoshida & Fuminori Abe) vs JIN (Jake Lee & Koji Iwamoto)

More of Abe & Yoshida in All Japan this year please.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

HM
3rd January
World Women Pro-Wrestling Diana
Misa Matsui vs. Haruka Umesaki

Nice little technical wrestling showcase.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

MOTYC
11th January
SEAdLINNNG 2021 Opening Match
Best Friends (Arisa Nakajima & Tsukasa Fujimoto) vs Oni Ni Kanabo (Sareee & Yoshiko)

It's a non-title match between 2 of the best tag teams in women's wrestling & probably in all wrestling. And one of the last Sareee matches before she takes a distressingly early & hopefully temporary retirement in Orlando. Some nice big, meaty strikes, match flies by, can't really ask for more.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Yeah, that match was alright but definitely stepped up a gear when Asuka got in the ring in general.

I realised today that I think Kaori Yoneyama is the only wrestler I've seen so far in 2021 as much as the Dragon Gate roster, which is an odd thought but she is very prolific.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

HM
17th January
Stardom 10th Anniversary
High Speed Title
AZM vs Kaori Yoneyama

Yoneyama brought it, this was a lot of fun

One of my favourite sub 6 minute matches

forkboy84 fucked around with this message at 02:09 on Jan 23, 2021

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

HM: Shigehiro Irie vs. Tsubasa - Colega Pro Wrestling Saturday Night Rising Stars Grand Opening (1/23)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l-Mp1wfB_D8&t=3062s

Could really nominate any match from this show but this was probably the best. Colega has come out of nowhere to run daily shows and it's honestly one of the highlights of my day right now. The community is great and the booking is really well done. It's showcasing a bunch of Land's End and Osaka wrestlers I'd never seen before and they're all shining. I'd strongly recommend at least watching the Saturday shows to anyone because they're supposed to be the major ones.

Is Sunday the only day of the week they aren't running?

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

HM
24th January
All Japan New Year Wars Final Round
AJPW Jr Heavyweight Title
Koji Iwamoto vs Fuminori Abe

This with a slightly less weird finish is a MOTYC IMO. Cracking stuff

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

HM
24th January
Triple Crown
Suwama vs Shotaro Ashino

A very good title match, maybe a notch below the Aoyagi match from 3/1 but still extremely fun

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Quoting myself to include links to the 2 All Japan matches I nominated earlier today/yesterday Japan time.

forkboy84 posted:

HM
24th January
Triple Crown
Suwama vs Shotaro Ashino

A very good title match, maybe a notch below the Aoyagi match from 3/1 but still extremely fun

https://www.bilibili.com/video/BV1cK4y1s7Ww

forkboy84 posted:

HM
24th January
AJPW Jr Heavyweight Title
Koji Iwamoto vs Fuminori Abe

This with a slightly less weird finish is a MOTYC IMO. Cracking stuff

https://www.bilibili.com/video/BV1Hr4y1M7tp

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

HM
14th January
WWE NXT UK
WWE UK Title
Walter vs A-Kid

A real neat David vs Goliath kind of match, A-Kid tries to keep his distance with speed and leg kicks, mixed in with using his grappling experience. But the game of cat & mouse could end if Walter is able to land just one or two of his massive strikes. Fascinating clash that really works. And most importantly it just does not feel like watching WWE. Walter is still Walter.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

HM
6th January
AEW Dynamite
AEW World Title
Kenny Omega vs Rey Fenix

Good match. A lot of cool spots but kinda felt it was missing something. Still a top 10 match of 2021 so far mind.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

HM
9th January
DDT Go To DDT Volume 1
Danshoku Dino, Saki Akai, Sanshiro Takagi & Toru Owashi vs. Akito, Antonio Honda, Kazuki Hirata & Super Sasadango Machine's 3D Avatar

I know some people are uncomfortable about Dino matches so be warned but this is one of those real fun comedy matches that starts with Super Sasadango Machine Zooming in as snow means he couldn't make it to Tokyo because of snow so he's got a replacement in the form of a 3D avatar which definitely isn't just Keigo Nakamura in the SSM mask and his normal ring gear. Anyway, SSM has a PowerPoint presentation reminding everyone that it's tax season and do your taxes, so in that spirit he says everyone in this match should wrestle in their normal clothes and they can then be a deductible expense!

So you get shenanigans about expensive shoes, Akai's handbag, Takagi's watch and it's fun

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

HM
9th January
DDT Go To DDT Volume 1
KO-D Tag Team Titles
Eruption (Kazusada Higuchi & Yukio Sakaguchi) vs DAMNHEARTS (CIMA & Soma Takao)

Eruption still rule. One of the best tag teams around right now

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

HM
23rd January
Pro Wrestling NOAH Higher Ground Night 3
GHC National Title
Kenoh vs Kazunari Murakami

Seems they are pushing Kenoh down a shoot style road at present, first he faced Sakuraba last month, here he is against Murakami. It's a fairly quick match, intense striking, submission attempts I'm really digging it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

HM
9th January
Ice Ribbon #1092
Random Draw Tag Match
Ibuki Hoshi & Suzu Suzuki vs Sareee & Tsukasa Fujimoto

Ice Ribbon seem to do this thing occasionally where they announce the competitors in a tag match but don't announce partners until they do a random draw just before the match begins. This is really good, helped by the fact that ¾ of the competitors (Sareee, Suzu Suzuki & Tsukasa Fujimoto) are great. At least worth watching as part of the Sareee retirement tour before she moves to a strange cult in Florida.