Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

HM
30th December
GLEAT Ver.2
Michinoku Pro Tohoku Junior Heavyweight Title
MUSASHI vs Kaz Hayashi

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

MOTYC
30th December
GLEAT Ver.2
Elimination Tag
BULK Orchestra (Hayato Tamura, KAZMA SAKAMOTO, Nobuhiro Shimatani, Quiet Storm & Ryuichi Kawakami) vs #STRONGHEARTS (CIMA, El Lindaman, Issei Onitsuka, Shigehiro Irie & T-Hawk)

This might be the best Dragongate match of the year, at worst the 2nd best after Shun vs Ishida for me. Absolutely fantastic non-stop action, loved this a whole lot.

Show is essential viewing: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mTzXS3W4HCs&t=1114s

forkboy84 fucked around with this message at 17:06 on Dec 30, 2021

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Lid posted:

Well it's the 31st here, so now that this is all done (except for Rampage which will likely have one more MOTYC)... what was the Best Match of the Year?

I still have some stuff to see, currently watching DDT with high hopes for Soup Boy vs Okabayashi, and Stardom with Utami vs Syuri, plus there's stuff I can't see yet like Violento Jack vs Jun Kasai, Nomura vs Hashimoto, Great Space War. And Ice Ribbon have RibbonMania tomorrow!

That said, it's Nakajima vs Kenoh from 28/11 NOAH, 1 of 4 ***** I had this year

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

MOTYC
26th December
DDT Never Mind 2021
Eruption (Kazusada Higuchi, Saki Akai & Yukio Sakaguchi) vs Itoh Respect Army (Chris Brookes, Maki Itoh & Minoru Suzuki)

This is loving phenomenal. Funny, violent, insane intensity between Suzuki & Sakaguchi, MiSu tagging out with full chops, it's exactly what this match should be.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

HM
26th December
DDT Never Mind 2021
37KAMIINA (MAO, Shunma Katsumata, Toi Kojima & Yuki Ueno) vs Burning (Jun Akiyama, Tetsuya Endo, Yusuke Okada & Yuya Koroku)

HM
26th December
DDT Never Mind 2021
KO-D Tag Team Titles
Disaster Box (HARASHIMA & Naomi Yoshimura) vs Bodyguard & Yuji Hino

MOTYC
26th December
DDT Never Mind 2021
KO-D Openweight Title
Konosuke Takeshita vs Yuji Okabayashi

This show ruled, even with the Pheromones stench.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

HM
29th December
Stardom Dream Queendom
Giulia vs Konami

Giulia remains extremely good, fitting Match for Konami to ride off into the sunset on (for now at least), really good match.

HM
29th December
Stardom Dream Queendom
Wonder Of Stardom Title
Tam Nakano vs Saya Kamitani

MOTYC
29th December
Stardom Dream Queendom
World Of Stardom Title
Utami Hayashishita vs Syuri

Look, you should watch this urgently. It's tremendous. I'm not going to say it's the women's match of the year because I still have SEAD & IR shows from this week to catch & because I want to let this settle before making bold declarations. But it's in the discussion. They do some loving ridiculous poo poo but they also nail all the little things too. It's fantastic.

You can't ask much more for your big end of year show to be main evented by your 2 best workers of the year for your top Singles strap as pay off to a great match they had earlier in the year.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

MOTYC: Las Fresas de Egoistas (Asuka & Makoto) vs. Nanae Takahashi & Hiroyo Matsumoto (c) for the Beyond the SEA Tag Team Championship - SEAdLINNNG 2021 Final Battle (12/29)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RyWL082tEyQ

SEAdLINNNG tag title matches are the matches I look forward to most in the world and this one did not disappoint me. It did drag a little toward the end and it wasn't as good as the match where Nanae & Hiroyo won the tag titles but it was a suitable end to Nanae's run in SEAdLINNNG, and continue to cement Makoto as a real fantastic wrestler as she once again was the star of the match. Also Asuka has new gear now.

MOTYC: Arisa Nakajima vs. Ryo Mizunami (c) for the Beyond the SEA Singles Championship - SEAdLINNNG 2021 Final Battle (12/29)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OMibXkdz33k

SEAd have started billing Nakajima as the "Violence Queen" and she absolutely earned that title in this match. One of the most violent matches of the year, and the crowd broke the rules on several occasions to gasp at what they were doing to each other. Easily makes my top 10 MOTY list.

2nd both of these plus

MOTYC: Hanako Nakamori, Saki Akai & Tsukasa Fujimoto vs Itsuki Aoki, Rina Yamashita & Yoshiko - SEAdLINNNG 2021 Final Battle 29/12

Thought this was an excellent sprint.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

SG Bamboo posted:

First nominations of the new year

ZERO1 Happy New Year January 1st
MOTYC
Fuminori Abe(c) vs Shoki Kitamura - ZERO1 Junior Double Crown Title
- Two insane young men beat the gently caress out of each other

Takashi Sugiura (c) vs Masato Tanaka - ZERO1 World Heavyweight Title
- Two insane old men beat the gently caress out of each other. It was crazy enough the previous match, but these guys are either side of 50, saying nothing of the crazy poo poo Tanaka has done during his career

2nd these. Finally got round to finishing this show. Come down with a cold so doing more sleeping than I'd normally do.

I love the physical charisma of Abe & god, if only he was 4 to 6 inches taller that guy would be a loving huge deal. An amazing talent.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

HM
1st January 2022
Pro Wrestling NOAH The New Year
Kongo (Aleja & Haoh) vs Stinger (Seiki Yoshioka & Yuya Susumu)

MOTYC
1st January 2022
GHC Heavyweight Tag Team Titles
M's Alliance (Keiji Mutoh & Naomichi Marufuji) vs M's Alliance (Masaaki Mochizuki & Masato Tanaka)

MOTYC
1st January 2022
Daiki Inaba, Masa Kitamiya & Yoshiki Inamura vs Kazushi Sakuraba, KENTA & Takashi Sugiura

MOTYC
1st January 2022
GHC National Title
Kenoh vs Kaito Kiyomiya

Honestly, this show loving rules.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

SG Bamboo posted:

NOAH The New Year January 1st
Katsuhiko Nakajima (c) vs Go Shiozaki - GHC Heavyweight Championship
- They did the loving Misawa/Kobashi suplex bump off the ramp, and that was only a small part of how hosed this match was. Insanity, make time to watch the top half of this show as it was tops

LOL THIS RULED SO MUCH

***** love Katsu, love Go, love NOAH.