Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)
MOTYC
Maki Itoh vs Miyu Yamashita
Yuka Sakazaki vs Rika Tatsumi

HM
Sakisama & Mei Saint-Michel vs Sena Shiori & Hikari Noa
Nodoka Tenma & Yuki Aino vs Yuki Kamifuki & Mahiro Kiryu

All from TJPW Korakuen 2021, 1/4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)
MOTYC
Tetsuya Naito vs Kota Ibushi
Kazuchika Okada vs Will Ospreay

HM
Dangerous Tekkers vs G.o.D.
KENTA vs Satoshi Kojima
Hiroshi Tanahashi vs The Great O-Khan
Hiromu Takahashi vs El Phantasmo

All from NJPW Wrestle Kingdom 15 Day 1

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)

Rarity posted:

MOTYC: El Phantasmo/Taiji Ishimori vs. El Desperado/Yoshinobu Kanemaru, NJPW Road to the New Beginning, 23/01

Crazy shenanigans that had me laughing so hard all held together by a fantastic performance from Uncle Nobu

Nth

Also gently caress it,
HM: Hiroyoshi Tenzan & Satoshi Kojima vs The Great O-Khan & Will Ospreay, NJPW Road to the New Beginning, 23/01

Already a decent match in itself, but the finish really elevates it

Lily Catts fucked around with this message at 11:27 on Jan 23, 2021

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)
HM: Ren Narita vs Bateman, NJPW Strong ROAD to LION'S BREAK: CONTENDER 1/23
A solid performance from a promising Young Lion

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)

SG Bamboo posted:

NJPW New Beginning in Nagoya January 30th
MOTYC

Shingo Takagi vs Hiroshi Tanahashi

HM
Will Ospreay vs Satoshi Kojima

Nth to both

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)
2/12
Pro Wrestling NOAH Destination 2021 ~ Back To Budokan

MOTYC
Daisuke Harada(c) vs Seiki Yoshioka for the GHC Jr. Heavyweight Championship (surprisingly explosive and fun)
Kenoh(c) vs Masakatsu Funaki for the GHC National Championship (a very unique shoot-style match that has to be seen)

HM
Naomichi Marufuji & Jun Akiyama vs Kaito Kiyomiya & Yoshiki Inamura (the kids vs their elders)
Go Shiozaki(c) vs Keiji Mutoh for the GHC Heavyweight Championship (actually pretty good, but the finish is polarizing)

2/11
NJPW The New Beginning in Hiroshima

HM
Hirooki Goto, Tomohiro Ishii, & YOSHI-HASHI(c) vs Jay White & G.o.D. for the NEVER Openweight 6-Man Tag Team Championship (big underdog energy)
Kota Ibushi(c) vs SANADA for the IWGP Heavyweight & IWGP Intercontinental Championships (solid stuff, almost MOTYC. ZSJ is an inspired colour commentary choice for this match)

[b]WMOTYC[b]
Kazuchika Okada vs EVIL (why)

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)

abraham linksys posted:

sure. also HM: Saki Akai/Maya Yuhki vs Saori Anou/Miyaoko Matsumotoi, DDT Kawasaki Strong 2/14. thought that was a fuckin blast

nth

HM
Tetsuya Endo(c) vs Jun Akiyama for the KO-D Openweight Championship

Was great, but a little on the slow side. Very good finish.

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)
HM
Miyu Yamashita & Maki Itoh vs Saki-sama & Mei Saint-Michel, TJPW Positive Chain 2/11

I love everyone

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)
MOTYC
Yukio Sakaguchi & Kazusada Higuchi(c) vs Konosuke Takeshita & MAO for the KO-D Tag Team Championship, DDT Friendship, Effort, Victory in Nagoya 2/22

HM
Yukio Sakaguchi(c) vs Yuki Ueno for the DDT Universal Championship, DDT Kawasaki Strong 2/13

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)

SG Bamboo posted:

NJPW New Japan Cup March 6th
MOTYC
Kazuchika Okada vs Shingo Takagi
- absolutely Herculean effort from Okada with a busted back. Shingo was good too I guess

HM
Tomoaki Honma vs Minoru Suzuki
- Honma recaptures some of that 2014-15 magic, even if it's just for one more match
KENTA vs Juice Robinson
- lost me in a couple of places, but the final stretch got real good, especially once Kenta started slapping the poo poo out of him

SG Bamboo posted:

TJPW Change the Wind Direction March 6th
MOTYC
121000000 vs NEO Biishiki-gun - Don't want to spoil who made the finals, but pure entertainment from start to finish

HM
NEO Biishiki-gun (Sakisama and Mei Saint-Michel) vs Deathmatch Rangers (Sena Shiori and Hikari Noa)
121000000 (Miyu Yamashita and Miki Itoh) vs Kyoraku Komei (Hyper Misao and Shoko Nakajima)
Kamiyu vs Mizuki vs Haruna Neko
Yuka Sakazaki and Bakuretsu Sisters (Yuki Aino and Nodoka Tenma) vs Pom Harajuku and Daydream (Rika Tatsumi and Miu Watanabe)

Another real good show from TJPW

nth to all of these

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)

Cerebral Bore posted:

MOTYC: Tomohiro Ishii vs SANADA New Japan Cup 09.03

A match in which you can see Fighting Spirit being literally beaten into a man in real time. Also Ishii is some kind of goddamn wizard in the shape of a mobile fire hydrant.

nth, turns out SANADA can also emote well

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)
HM: Fred Rosser vs JR Kratos, New Japan Strong 3/13

Pretty good, both men kept surprising me all throughout.

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)

Cerebral Bore posted:

MOTYC: Hirooki Goto vs Shingo Takagi New Japan Cup 13.03

BEEF BEEF BEEF

Rarity posted:

HM: Minoru Suzuki vs. KENTA, NJPW New Japan Cup, 13/03

Strong start and strong finish but it kinda dipped in the middle unfortunately

Nth to both

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)

Cerebral Bore posted:

HM: Hiroshi Tanahashi vs Jay White New Japan Cup 15.03

The ultimate battle between Good and Evil. Also a good wrestling match.

Nth, clever finish, great post-match AND backstage promos.

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)

SG Bamboo posted:

NJPW New Japan Cup March 20th
MOTYC

David Finlay vs Will Ospreay
- Finlay is good now

HM
EVIL vs Shingo Takagi
- Even with the Dick fuckery in the closing moments this was pretty good, Shingo is good Beef

Nth

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)

Jerusalem posted:

MOTYC: Will Ospreay vs. Shingo Takagi in the New Japan Cup Final - NJPW New Japan Cup 3/21

This match was absolutely loving insane. poo poo got done that I'm almost entirely certain defy and surpass the limitations of the human body. :stare:

I will Nth this. I don't count the post-match as there is absolutely no reason to watch it unless you hate yourself

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)

Dimebags Brain posted:

Dragon Gate Championship Gate Night 2, 3/7
MOTYC: Open the Dream Gate Championship - Shun Skywalker vs. Kaito Ishida

What a war. Absolutely phenomenal match that used all of it's 30 minutes perfectly. Shun and Ishida were lightning together.
Okay, I am now a fan of these guys. Nth..

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)

quote:

MOTYC
14th March
DDT Day Dream Believer
DDT Universal Title
Yuki Ueno vs Yusuke Okada

Nth holy poo poo yes

AJPW you screwed up by letting Okada go, also Ueno is superhuman

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)

SG Bamboo posted:

DDT Judgement March 28th
MOTYC
Jun Akiyama (c) vs Kazusada Higuchi - KO-D Openweight Title
- Old Man Jun is an absolute force. Match starting off slow targeting Higuchi's hand before ramping up with stiff shots and bomb after bomb after bomb until one guy couldn't kick out anymore. Loved it

HM
Toi Kojima and Chris Brookes vs Yuki Iino and Yusuke Okada
- If this match was just the Andre slam spot then it already would have been cool, but there was an intense match around it that started the crowd off hot and was a great display of both rookie Kojima and new signing Okada
37KAMIINA (Shunma Katsumata, Yuki Ueno, MAO and Konosuke Takeshita) vs Damnation (Mad Paulie, Yuji Hino, Daisuke Sasaki and Tetuya Endo)
- Got to love those Sauna Boys, and Damnation played the foils well. Endo remains one of the smoothest wrestlers in the world and Takeshita is strong

Nth to all

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)

Cerebral Bore posted:

MOTYC: Suzuki-gun (El Desperado and Yoshinobu Kanemaru) vs. Roppongi 3k NJPW Sakura Genesis 04.04

Great match and a great return for R3k. YOH did a sell job for the record books.

Rarity posted:

HM: Tetsuya Naito/SANADA/Shingo Takagi vs. The Great Okhan/Jeff Cobb/X, NJPW Sakura Genesis, 04/04

Great choice of X, his look is fantastic and his ringwork is fantastic. Really excited to see where he goes from here

Nth to both

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)

forkboy84 posted:

HM
9th April
All Japan Champion Carnival Night 1
Kohei Sato vs Suwama

HM
9th April
Shinjiro Otani vs Yuma Aoyagi

MOTYC
9th April
Kento Miyahara vs Zeus

Nth to all of these.

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)
April 4
DDT Chris Brookes Produce 3
HM: Baliyan Akki vs HARASHIMA

HARASHIMA has the uncanny ability to make anyone look good, and Akki is already a great performer in his own right.

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)

Jerusalem posted:

HM: The Bakuretsu Sisters (C) vs. Sakisama/Mei Saint Michel (The loving French!) for the Princess Tag Team Championship - TJPW ~STILL INCOMPLETE~ 4/17

Really good match with some neat spots, but this nomination is mostly for the ending which was so, so well done!

Nth and also the post-match is amazing

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)
HM
DDT Max Bump Tour in Niigata (4/17)
Yuji Okabayashi & HARASHIMA(c) vs Jun Akiyama & Makoto Oishi for the KO-D Tag Team Championship

Big Yuj can throw his opponents around like nothing AND play babyface-in-peril, also great teamwork all around from everyone involved

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)

Jerusalem posted:

HM: Tetsuya Naito vs. The Great O-Khan - NJPW Road to Wrestling Dontaku 4/26

Laidback jerk vs. intense jerk. Guy who doesn't give a poo poo vs. a guy who gives WAAAAY too much of a poo poo. These two are perfect combating energies and GoK has really stepped up to the plate over the last few weeks/months and doesn't look at all out of place in the main event.

Nth

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)

Cerebral Bore posted:

HM: Roppongi 3k vs El Desperado & Yoshinobu Kanemaru NJPW Wrestling Satsuma no Kuni 28.04

An extremely competent match between two fantastic teams, but sadly lacked that special something to elevate it to MOTYC level.
Nth. I felt it was a well-worked match that just lacked the drama/heat to make it reach MOTYC level. Shoutout to Nobu who had some incredible babyface fire and worked his rear end off.

Cerebral Bore posted:

HM: Toru Yano vs EVIL NJPW Wrestling Satsuma no Kuni 28.04

They somehow loving did it. They made the match containing all the bullshit in New Japan combined work.
Yeah I'll nth this. Extremely good and satisfying finish.

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)

SG Bamboo posted:

NOAH ~ The Glory ~ April 29th
MOTYC
Kazuyuki Fujita (c) vs Takashi Sugiura - GHC National Championship
- Two old men beat the absolute gently caress out of each other

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

MOTYC: Keiji Mutoh (c) vs. Masa Kitamiya for the GHC Heavyweight Championship - NOAH The GLORY 2021 (4/29)

It turns out that keeping Mutoh on the mat for a whole match is a way of ensuring a great match out of him because he hasn't lost a stop when he doesn't have to use his knees. Absolutely lovely match.
Nth to both

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)

forkboy84 posted:

HM
5th May
Dragon Gate Dead Or Alive
Open The Brave Gate Title
Keisuke Okuda vs U-T

HM
5th May
Open The Triangle Gate Title
Natural Vibes (Genki Horiguchi, Kzy & Susumu Yokosuka) vs Masquerade (Dragon Dia, Jason Lee & La Estrella)

MOTYC
5th May
Parejas Incredible Steel Cage Survival
Dragon Kid & SB KENTo vs KAI & YAMATO

Great show. The only disappointing match on the card was the Skywalker Kikuta match.

Nth, also adding:

HM
5th May
Open the Twin Gate Title
Masaaki Mochizuki & Takashi Yoshida (c) vs Kaito Ishida & KAZMA SAKAMOTO

I haven't been pleasantly surprised at a finish in a long while

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)

forkboy84 posted:

HM
14th May
Dragongate King of Gate Night 1
King of Gate C Block
Shun Skywalker vs YAMATO

Cracker of a match between 2 fantastic wrestlers

And this

Nth

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)

forkboy84 posted:

HM
14th May
Dragongate King of Gate Night 1
King of Gate B Block
Kzy vs Susumu Yokosuka

Two of my faves in DG, stablemates, and they had a banger. Susumu has a real nice lariat for a smaller dude. Loves the finishing stretch

Give it a watch

Nth holy poo poo what a match

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)

forkboy84 posted:

HM
31st May
Pro Wrestling NOAH
Mitsuhara Misawa Memori 2021 Always In Our Hearts
GHC Tag Team Titles
The Aggression (Katsuhiko Nakajima & Masa Kitamiya) vs Funky Express (Mohammed Yone & Shuhei Taniguchi)

HM
31st May
Pro Wrestling NOAH
Mitsuhara Misawa Memori 2021 Always In Our Hearts
GHC National Title
Takashi Sugiura vs Kazushi Sakuraba

Nth.

I need to go back and rewatch the main to evaluate it better! I did not like the finish, so that's not a good start

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)

Dimebags Brain posted:

Dragon Gate, King of Gate Finals at Korakuen, 6/3
HM: High End (Dragon Kid, Keisuke Okuda, Ben-K, & Kagetora vs. Natural Vibes (Susumu Yokosuka, Genki Horiguchi, U-T, & King Shimizu
I'm watching this first because of the Xs, but yeah this ruled. I loved the finish.

EDIT: Oh this is an Nth btw

Lily Catts fucked around with this message at 02:11 on Jun 5, 2021

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)

Dimebags Brain posted:

Dragon Gate, King of Gate Finals at Korakuen, 6/3

HM: King of Gate Semifinals - YAMATO vs. Kota Minoura
MOTYC: King of Gate Finals - Kzy vs. Kota Minoura
Nth!

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)

SG Bamboo posted:

CyberFight Festival June 6th 2021
MOTYC

Kongoh (Kenoh, Katsuhiko Nakajima, Manabu Soya, Nioh, Haoh and Tadasuke vs DDT (Sanshiro Takagi, Akito, Kazusada Higuchi, Yukio Sakaguchi, Naomi Yoshimura and Yukio Naya)
37KAMIINA (Konosuke Takeshita and Yuki Ueno) vs Kaito Kiyomiya and Yoshiki Inamura
Miyu Yamashita (c) vs Yuka Sakazaki - Princess of Princess Championship

HM
Preshow Battle Royale
Ken Ohka, Keisuke Ishii and Shota vs Shuichiro Katsumura, Kouki Iwasaki and Yumehito Imanari
Yuki Iino and Toi Kojima vs Junta Miyawaki and Kinya Okada
Mizuki, Hikari Noa and Yuki Arai vs Kamiyu, Marika Kobashi and Maki Itoh
Chris Brookes and 37KAMIINA (MAO and Shunma Katsumata) vs Damnation (Tetsuya Endo, Soma Takao and Daisuke Sasaki w/ Mad Paulie)

gently caress what a fun show, those 5 hours breezed past
Nth to these, and also

MOTYC
Jun Akiyama (c) vs HARASHIMA - KO-D Openweight Championship
Was already very good, but the post-match meltdown by HARASHIMA was sublime and puts it over.

Keiji Mutoh (c) vs Naomichi Marufuji - GHC Heavyweight Championship
This isn't really a workrate match (until the final stretch), but there's some absolutely great storytelling in it as 58 y/o Keiji Mutoh connects a moonsault but wrecked his knees in the process, helping Marufuji gain the upper hand. A man defeated by his own hubris.

HM
Bakuretsu Sisters vs Miu Watanabe & Rika Tatsumi vs Hyper Misao & Shoko Nakajima
Everyone worked hard to showcase the power of TJPW

Lily Catts fucked around with this message at 12:19 on Jun 6, 2021

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)

SG Bamboo posted:

NJPW Dominion June 7th
MOTYC
Jeff Cobb vs Kota Ibushi
- Real good, paid off the hype from all the preview tags. Cobb is so goddamn great
Kazuchika Okada vs Shingo Takagi - IWGP World Heavyweight Championship
- Okada isn't going to let a little thing like Covid stop him from being one of the modern day greats when he puts his mind to it. Shingo loving ruled as always, awesome match

HM
El Desperado (c) vs YOH - IWGP Jr Heavyweight Championship
- Started off slow then got real good, last 10 minutes were hype but just felt like it was missing that last bit to push it over the top

Nth

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)

SG Bamboo posted:

DDT King of DDT Night 1
MOTYC
Konosuke Takeshita vs Akito
- Akito is fuckin smooth as silk, that man grapples as easy as breathing. Takeshita is incredible as well, these two worked really well together, Akito worked the legs and Takeshita got to show off his power with some rad as hell German suplexes. Loved this, it was exactly what I was hoping a match between these two would be.

HM
Yuji Hino vs Yukio Sakaguchi
- Do you like hard kicks and hard chops and hard lariats and hard knees? Then this match is for you
Jun Akiyama vs Shunma Katsumata
- David vs Goliath's older tougher brother. This is a side of Shunma we don't see super often, where he's just completely outmatched by his opponent. There was an awkward moment when Shunma tried to hit a spike Frankesteiner and Akiyama went completely the wrong way but luckily neither guy got hurt and they just moved past it quickly. Real fun match especially when the legos came out :twisted:
Kazusada Higuchi vs Naomi Yoshimura
- I thought the chops in Hino/Sakaguchi were meaty, but Higuchi clearly wasn't going to be outdone by his tag partner. Yoshimura more than held up his end of the match, my highlight being when he deadlifted Higuchi while being caught in the clawhold
Nth these

Didn't really get into Endo vs Brookes much, felt like it took too long to get into high gear, and then it dragged on.

I thought Ueno vs Sasaki was good, but it was a bit too short for me to give a HM nom. I did like the Mad Paulie spots though.

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)

SG Bamboo posted:

NJPW Kizuna Road June 14th
HM

Minoru Suzuki vs Yuya Uemura
- gently caress, that was awesome. The young man fought bravely, yet died all the same. There exists not a single world where Yuya Uemura pins Minoru Suzuki, but goddamit he made me believe
Hiroshi Tanahashi vs Yota Tsuji
- Tana gave Tsuji tons, boy's going to be a star in a few years

Nth to both

My favorite moment in the Tsuji match was him attempting a top rope move, but was too slow to get into position because Tana worked on his knees, missing completely, and paying for it. But boy did I want him to land it there and then

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)

Cerebral Bore posted:

HM: Hiroshi Tanahashi vs Yuya Uemura NJPW Kizuna Road 16.06

Young Boy status: Still Cool, still Good. Also Tana is giving these guys a hell of a lot.

Cerebral Bore posted:

HM: Kazuchika Okada vs Yota Tsuji NJPW Kizuna Road 16.06

Local Boy fights God, actually makes God take it somewhat seriously.
Nth to these.

Yeah I'd love to see Okada do the fake Rainmaker to people who have scouted the Rainmaker to death, like Shingo

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)

Cerebral Bore posted:

HM: ZSJ vs Yota Tsuji NJPW Kizuna Road 22.06

Some real good grapplefuckery right here.
Nth

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)

SG Bamboo posted:

NOAH Muta the WORLD June 27th
MOTYC
Kenoh vs The Great Muta
- This was absolute insanity, more an experience than a match but well worth watching

HM
Yoshiki Inamura vs Kinya Okada
- A hard hitting exhibition match between the two rookie heavyweights. Obviously the company is high on Inamura because I mean just look at him, but i'm really looking forward to seeing where Okada is going to be in 5 years. That boy has the makings of a future star.

Muhammad Yone vs Shuhei Taniguchi vs Akitoshi Saito vs Masao Inoue
- Do you like old dudes clubbing each other black and blue? Then you'll enjoy the four members of Funky Express having an elimination match to decide the next KING OF FUNK goddammit I can't believe it wasn't Yone
Nth to all