Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

Quackles posted:

Well, I don't really have much of an opinion on the issue, though I am leaning slightly in favor of selling it. But instead, I propose reverting to a classic House Daucus bargaining proposition:

We would love to take your side on this issue. Please pay us for our valuable contribution.

High Scholar

The Daucus vote on whether the state symbol is for sale...is for sale.
we're through the looking glass here, people

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

C...
Jan 22, 2008

Tootin the Doom Flute has led the Kingdom of Ankist into a new age of illumination. Every morning, people wake up and open palm slam a woodwind instrument into their mouth. It is the Doom Flute and right then and there they start playing the notes. They play every note, and they play every note hard

scavy131 posted:

Senator

I'd see it as quite the opposite from my esteemed colleague of House Lethe, a symbol is only as good as the knowledge of that symbol.

Senator

This makes sense to me. The finest ships in Solad sail far and wide, in seas eastern and western, and with every wave they crest they proclaim the diligence and ingenuity of our shipwrights. This does not insult these men, nor their craft; and a model of that ship that sails only in bathtubs is still a testament to what Gambol has achieved, and weakens not a plank of the ship at sea.

Quackles posted:

Well, I don't really have much of an opinion on the issue, though I am leaning slightly in favor of selling it. But instead, I propose reverting to a classic House Daucus bargaining proposition:

We would love to take your side on this issue. Please pay us for our valuable contribution.

Perhaps we don't really have much of an opinion of your opinion. Would you be willing to pay us to pay you to contribute?

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

C... posted:

Senator

Perhaps we don't really have much of an opinion of your opinion. Would you be willing to pay us to pay you to contribute?

Only if we pay you less than you pay us. :v:

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

Treasurer

Saint Daughter Raela said that wealth means nothing without generosity, and we are willing to quite literally put our money where our mouth is.

Houses Gambol and Daucus, we propose 1 coin for a 1 power Nay vote, or 3 coins for a 2+ power Nay vote.

This offer is available to the other houses, but at the moment House Pinchay does not seem to be interested.

Blessed be The Mother.

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

Bellmaker posted:

Treasurer

Saint Daughter Raela said that wealth means nothing without generosity, and we are willing to quite literally put our money where our mouth is.

Houses Gambol and Daucus, we propose 1 coin for a 1 power Nay vote, or 3 coins for a 2+ power Nay vote.

This offer is available to the other houses, but at the moment House Pinchay does not seem to be interested.

Blessed be The Mother.

High Scholar

Accepted: House Daucus will spend 2+ Power on a Nay vote.

C...
Jan 22, 2008

Tootin the Doom Flute has led the Kingdom of Ankist into a new age of illumination. Every morning, people wake up and open palm slam a woodwind instrument into their mouth. It is the Doom Flute and right then and there they start playing the notes. They play every note, and they play every note hard

oldskool posted:

High Scholar

Senator

Seeing as your devotion to this stance was born this very hour, it would do you no harm to disclose if your House intends to bid 2, or +?

C... fucked around with this message at 22:48 on Jan 21, 2021

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Blastinus
Feb 28, 2010

Time to try my luck
:rolldice:
Crap.

Foreman

It seems like, as always, House Lethe and House Pinchay are at cross-purposes. I'm not sure if my colleagues agree, but I'm a craftsman, and any opportunity to show off my skills to a wider audience is one that I embrace wholeheartedly.

House Pinchay declines House Lethe's offer.

I'll see you in the vote.

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

We need the equivalent of the shrimp = small pastry avatar, but for ambulances and their mysteries now.

oldskool posted:

High Scholar

Witnessed!

grandalt
Feb 26, 2013

I didn't fight through two wars to rule
I fought for the future of the world

And the right to have hot tea whenever I wanted

Senator

The monocled noble turns his attention to the paunched man.

"It appears that we would be in argeement. I would say it would be useful for the funding of the treasure."

grandalt fucked around with this message at 16:38 on Jan 22, 2021

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

It's a not-very-fired-up vote, but that's fine. This isn't a very fired up report.

Mostly Accurate Senate Status Report
brought to you by House Daucus

Power/Coins

House Lethe: 7 Power, 10 Coins
House Gambol: 8 Power, 10 Coins
House Pinchay: 8 Power, 10 Coins
House Cyfoeth: 8 Power, 10 Coins
House Daucus: 9 Power, 10 Coins

Hidden Agenda Prediction
Important: This is more shaky than usual. I got these predictions by a combination of wishful thinking and pulling them out of a hat.

House Lethe is taking the option that favors their seeming predilection to raise Morale.

Agenda: Extremist
Confidence: # _ _ _ _

Hey House Gambol: If you want, we can pay you to pay us to pay you to pay us.

Agenda: Opulent

House Pinchay appears to be forming a bloc. Maybe they'll be able to cash in later.
Agenda: Rebel

House Cyfoeth is solidly on the side of making some money - not for themselves, but for the Kingdom.

Agenda: Greedy

House Daucus is wheeling and dealing. Hey, we've got a wheel on our banner.

Agenda: If the husband of a ruling Queen is a Prince Consort, why isn't the wife of a ruling King a Princess Consort?
Confidence: _ _ _ _ _

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

To go quickly is foolish. To go slowly is prudent. Not to go; that is wisdom.

Quackles posted:

House Cyfoeth is solidly on the side of making some money - not for themselves, but for the Kingdom.

Of course we are. We'll never be interested in improving the position of our House at the Kingdom's expense. We hope the other Houses will follow our example.

OOC: Did you ninja edit the Agendas or am I imagining things?

scavy131
Dec 21, 2017

Quackles posted:

Agenda: If the husband of a ruling Queen is a Prince Consort, why isn't the wife of a ruling King a Princess Consort?

OOC: I have no idea if this was an entirely flippant comment or not so I went down the title rabbit-hole a bit.
It turns out Princess Consort or Queen Consort are both acceptable terms, although typically Princess Consort would be used in relation to a prince. The only real exclusivity is that Queen Consort would exclusively be used to reference the wife of a reigning king, while technically Princess Consort would be acceptable for either a prince's spouse or a king's spouse depending on the naming/titling traditions of the kingdom in question.

The distinction of Prince Consort is to ensure clarity that the spouse of the reining queen is not considered equal or higher rank than the currently reigning monarch.

C...
Jan 22, 2008

Quackles posted:

It's a not-very-fired-up vote, but that's fine. This isn't a very fired up report.

Hate to do it to ya..

Mostly Accurate Monday Morning Quarterbacking

Gambol
Claimed: Greedy, ####
Actual: Extremist

Cyfoeth
Claimed: Opulent, ####
Actual: Opulent!

Pinchay:
Claimed, Opportunist, ####
Actual: Moderate

Lethe:
Claimed: Moderate, #####
Actual: Opportunist

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Fat Samurai posted:

OOC: Did you ninja edit the Agendas or am I imagining things?

The first time, I accidentally left one out of the hat. :v:

Seriously, I really don't have any information on Agendas yet, so there is a lot of wishful thinking in this status report. I was trying to guess which one each house would want to pick, and I initially mistyped.

C... posted:

Hate to do it to ya..

You should be doing that for the current round, not the last one. XD

(Last reign, I neglected to consider that houses' actions might be based on achievements, as well as agendas and story-related reasons. Now that I have this in mind, the Report should become more accurate over time.)

Quackles fucked around with this message at 19:16 on Jan 22, 2021

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

C... posted:

Hate to do it to ya..

Mostly Accurate Monday Morning Quarterbacking

Gambol
Claimed: Greedy, ####
Actual: Extremist

Cyfoeth
Claimed: Opulent, ####
Actual: Opulent!

Pinchay:
Claimed, Opportunist, ####
Actual: Moderate

Lethe:
Claimed: Moderate, #####
Actual: Opportunist

I got those right EXCEPT the one that mattered :(

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

scavy131 posted:

OOC: I have no idea if this was an entirely flippant comment or not so I went down the title rabbit-hole a bit.
It turns out Princess Consort or Queen Consort are both acceptable terms, although typically Princess Consort would be used in relation to a prince. The only real exclusivity is that Queen Consort would exclusively be used to reference the wife of a reigning king, while technically Princess Consort would be acceptable for either a prince's spouse or a king's spouse depending on the naming/titling traditions of the kingdom in question.

The distinction of Prince Consort is to ensure clarity that the spouse of the reining queen is not considered equal or higher rank than the currently reigning monarch.

That's interesting. I was joking a little, but mostly serious.

So would a Queen's wife be a Queen Consort or a Princess Consort?

scavy131
Dec 21, 2017

Quackles posted:

That's interesting. I was joking a little, but mostly serious.

So would a Queen's wife be a Queen Consort or a Princess Consort?

I don't think that's ever happened in a monarchy to date. Something something not conducive to the line of succession. But theoretically the wife of a Queen would be titled as Princess Consort, to ensure that there's a clear distinction with regards to who is the actual monarch.

Queen Consort is pretty much exclusively used when the reigning monarch is a King as historically the title of 'King' is always accepted as senior to any simultaneously occurring Queenly titles in a given realm.

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

scavy131 posted:

I don't think that's ever happened in a monarchy to date. Something something not conducive to the line of succession. But theoretically the wife of a Queen would be titled as Princess Consort, to ensure that there's a clear distinction with regards to who is the actual monarch.

Queen Consort is pretty much exclusively used when the reigning monarch is a King as historically the title of 'King' is always accepted as senior to any simultaneously occurring Queenly titles in a given realm.

Makes sense.

I wonder if we'll have any Queens in Ankist sooner or later?

Fat Samurai posted:

I got those right EXCEPT the one that mattered :(

If you have any advice on inference and interpretation, I'd appreciate it. I strive for accuracy.

Also, I'd like to point out that even though we were Rebels, we weren't trying to cause an abdication that round. We were hoping someone would grab the sticker, and do the thing that'd lead to opening an envelope story-wise.

Blastinus
Feb 28, 2010

Time to try my luck
:rolldice:
Crap.

Foreman

I have my own thoughts about what agendas went where, but that's the advantage of starting in the middle. House Pinchay knows what few choices were given to everyone, and it's just a matter of narrowing it down.

Tellingly for my theory, one house in particular has pulled the "pay me" play right out of the gate. I'm keeping an eye on them.

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Not gonna lie, this is the sleepiest I've ever seen the thread. I'd ask if everybody's made up their minds but... maybe they have?

@House Gambol, we are curious how you're feeling on this one.

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

That's it! No more hiding in tomato crates! It's time to show that idiota Germany how a real nation fights!

For pasta~! CHARGE!

We'd rather the Aye win, but we found we don't really care that much.

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Omobono posted:

We'd rather the Aye win, but we found we don't really care that much.

That's fair. To be honest, "we don't care that much" is the perfect time to put your vote up for sale. [gestures upthread]

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

Quackles posted:

Not gonna lie, this is the sleepiest I've ever seen the thread. I'd ask if everybody's made up their minds but... maybe they have?

To be fair, two resources going the same way on the first vote seems like the most meh choice. And the consequences of having merchandise aren’t (I expect) Kingdom-shattering. There is the sticker, though

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

We need the equivalent of the shrimp = small pastry avatar, but for ambulances and their mysteries now.
Reign of King Blythe I, Dilemma 1, Resolution

Vote Results posted:

Votes Aye, bets 3 Power (current: 8), gains 0 Coins (current: 10).

Votes Pass and gather Power, gains 3 Power (current: 11), gains 1 Coins (current: 11).

Votes Aye, bets 3 Power (current: 8), gains 0 Coins (current: 10).

Votes Nay, spends 2 Power (current: 7), gains 3 Coins (current: 13).

Votes Nay, spends 5 Power (current: 2), spends 3 Coins (current: 7).

The Nays have it!

Vote Outcome posted:

Envelope opened: -
N/A.

Resources and Stability change:

Chronicle stickers:

Reign of King Blythe I, Dilemma 2

History of the Kingdom of Ankist posted:

Hall of Kings

Storyline:

Storyline:

- Foreman/Sitting Councilmember: Phelddagrif (also Treasurer)

- Sitting Councilmember: Jossar
- Treasurer/Navigator: C...

- Sitting Councilmember: Sighence (also Treasurer)

- High Scholar/Sitting Councilmember: TravelLog (also Treasurer)

- Sitting Councilmember: Bellmaker
- Treasurer/Negotiator: SporkChan

Dilemma2 posted:

Stakes:

:siren::siren::siren:
A 48h voting window is now open!
- Sitting Councilmembers can send me a PM/Email with their final decision. Please consult the OP if you need a refresher on the rules!
- Treasurers can now start bribing. Please consult the OP if you need a refresher on the rules!
- Senators are free to discuss the Dilemma and provide their feedback. Don't forget that every choice could have consequences that are not spelled out outright on the front of the card! Also, please remember that the thread is the main discussion platform for your vote intention - the Sheet is only to be used when discussing high level strategy, bargaining strategies and items on the sheet itself.
:siren::siren::siren:

That Italian Guy fucked around with this message at 15:37 on Jan 23, 2021

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Well, this seems straightforward.

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

Quackles posted:

Sitting Councilmember

We concur. We appreciate the newfound connection between our houses at the start of the new king's reign!

Although we are not fond of the caravan in the first place, allowing it to be destroyed by bandits or fall into the hands of the slavers of the City of Tents is unacceptable. We will pray for Orsal's blessing on the caravan until reinforcements arrive.

Bellmaker fucked around with this message at 12:30 on Jan 23, 2021

Jossar
Apr 2, 2018

Current status: Angry about subs :argh:

Sitting Councilmember

I'm glad to see that all the houses are of like mind for this matter..

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

Get that loving loot chest Map!

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

That's it! No more hiding in tomato crates! It's time to show that idiota Germany how a real nation fights!

For pasta~! CHARGE!

Jossar posted:

Sitting Councilmember

I'm glad to see that all the houses are of like mind for this matter..

Senator

Someone must have accidentally taken the portal to Bizzarro Ankist we have on the fourth floor of the Gambol palace because this makes no sense to me. Shouldn't we tell those lazy "explorers" to stop being lazy and start mingling with the locals?
How they expect to find the map without help of a local boy or girl and their pet monkey/tiger/werebear/whatever?

[ooc]
I don't think this will affect getting the loot Map to be fair.

Phelddagrif
Jan 28, 2009

Before I do anything, I think, well what hasn't been seen. Sometimes, that turns out to be something ghastly and not fit for society. And sometimes that inspiration becomes something that's really worthwhile.

Foreman

Yes, this could not be more straightforward. House Pinchay is in full agreement that we must support this caravan.

Sighence
Aug 26, 2009

Sitting Member
Sounds like they will get what they need regardless. Not sure how much I care how they get it.

C...
Jan 22, 2008

Navigator

I'm a bit wary here. Why would there be an unambiguous good choice and an unambiguous bad choice? There must be either hidden consequences, or envelopes getting opened. Given how we've displeased the City of Tents, I still don't want to send any Ankist citizens their way... I'm just pre-heating an I told you so.

E: this could also be a buffer event for "the kingdom is too stable/unstable and about to explode, we need to course correct" which... A smidge late!

C... fucked around with this message at 18:42 on Jan 23, 2021

TravelLog
Jul 22, 2013

He's a mean one, Mr. Roy.

Quackles posted:

High Scholar

“Indeed. Let the message go forth ”Civis Ankistum sum!”

Wherever our people walk, they do so under our protection.”

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

So personally, I'd favor Aye, given that the City of Tents [A] is in poor diplomatic relationships with Ankist, and [B] has slavery. Specifically. So story considerations are paramount. I am low-key worried about the stability tracker, though.

So: I wonder if we could make a deal of the type where another house agrees to vote at our request in a future Dilemma? (For money, of course). Perhaps we could use this in the future to address the issue of stability.

Quackles fucked around with this message at 21:43 on Jan 23, 2021

eliasswift
Jan 12, 2021

Now, let's count up your sins!

Quackles posted:

So personally, I'd favor Aye, given that the City of Tents [A] is in poor diplomatic relationships with Ankist, and [B] has slavery. Specifically. So story considerations are paramount. I am low-key worried about the stability tracker, though.

Plus, based on the card, this card actually came from the envelope of us turning down the City of Tents. I can't be 100% sure, but I'm fairly certain that this is a different envelope with different cards with different outcomes. The City of Tents might actually have helped us on the other path, but this time?...

scavy131
Dec 21, 2017

Senator

I'd certainly hope that my good collected lords would not think to leave our caravans to the mercy of slavers and sneakthieves for sustenance and protection when we've just spent so much effort reinforcing the image of our military.

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

[waves pom-poms] Hey, hey! Ankist, O! To the des-ert, we go!

Power/Coins

House Lethe: 2 Power, 7 Coins
House Gambol: 11 Power, 11 Coins
House Pinchay: 8 Power, 10 Coins
House Cyfoeth: 8 Power, 10 Coins
House Daucus: 7 Power, 13 Coins

Pressure Rating
This is a new feature of the Report where I 'take the temperature' of the intensity of the debate, and provide my analysis.

Low - Story concerns seem to be overriding resource concerns for the most part, in this Dilemma. Stability and most other things are balanced, making it easy for Houses to get on board.

Hidden Agenda Prediction
The usual warning applies.

House Lethe is in a weak position, having spent all their power last round. However, their sentiment is true to type, at least.

Agenda: Extremist or Opulent

House Gambol seems oddly split in opinion. Surely they're not planning to sit this round out? With their newfound power, there could be a signing bonus on the story card if they're willing to push.

Agenda: Opulent or Opportunist

House Pinchay is all the way on board! It's very straightforward.
Agenda: Rebel

House Cyfoeth is acting on story reasons, but seems a bit unmotivated.

Agenda: Greedy

House Daucus is throwing in our lot with everyone else.

Agenda: So who did put the bomp in the bomp-de-bomp-de-bomp?

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

Senator

It seems the houses are in agreement that we should send our own men, but I'd caution them to not forget that an Opportunist house may want to take this chance to further their agenda, taking advantage of our lack of compromise. Chaos is a ladder, after all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

We have now passed the midpoint for the voting window! The deadline to submit your votes is in about 23h.