Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Covski
Jun 24, 2007

Bringing the forums together with the greatest thread!

Sitting Councilmember

Having the peasantry poison themselves, or having them burn food in the middle of a famine? Not exactly a palatable choice. If this "scholar" is to be believed, that is - and I remain sceptical.

If nothing else, the takeaway here seems obvious: Trade with heathens and foreigners only leads to calamity, hopefully we can take to heart the lesson the Mother is trying to teach her.

All praise be unto her.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sighence
Aug 26, 2009

councilmember

I'll be going hard aye. All of Cyfoeth's gold will go to the first house to join us in commiting all of their power to Aye.

Blastinus
Feb 28, 2010

Time to try my luck
:rolldice:
Crap.

Senator

(Cartoonishly turning out his pockets)

0 still counts as "all our power", right?

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

That's it! No more hiding in tomato crates! It's time to show that idiota Germany how a real nation fights!

For pasta~! CHARGE!

Update says Pinchay got 5 power left, was that an error?
Anyways you can't commit 0 power to Aye, it's minimum 1 by game rules, so the imprecise wording can't bite Cyfoeth this time.

Note 1: all Cyfoeth's gold should mean 4 total, right?
Note 2: I was expecting Cyfoeth to go hard here. They totally have a welfare house achievement.

EDIT:
Note 3: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jgflCE7zRpc

Omobono fucked around with this message at 16:48 on Feb 23, 2021

Blastinus
Feb 28, 2010

Time to try my luck
:rolldice:
Crap.

Omobono posted:

Update says Pinchay got 5 power left, was that an error?
Anyways you can't commit 0 power to Aye, it's minimum 1 by game rules, so the imprecise wording can't bite Cyfoeth this time.

Note 1: all Cyfoeth's gold should mean 4 total, right?
Note 2: I was expecting Cyfoeth to go hard here. They totally have a welfare house achievement.

EDIT:
Note 3: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jgflCE7zRpc

Senator

Yes, it would seem that is correct. My mistake. I thought we had spent all our power somehow. Disregard.

scavy131
Dec 21, 2017

Senator

House Cyfoeth has always been straightforward with our intentions to help above all else, apart from potentially Her Majesty Queen Hypatia, the people of Ankist. If the choice is between allowing grain to not only be burned but in doing so poison the very fields themselves, or not doing that, I think the choice should be abundantly clear.

Besides, who wants their house's chronicle to include the notion that they let poisoned the land of Ankist itself? That would be an affront not just to the Kingdom, but to the Mother herself and the glorious realm given by the Mother to our people.

House Cyfoeth simply understands the gravity of the situation and would like to act with the urgency needed.

C...
Jan 22, 2008

Tootin the Doom Flute has led the Kingdom of Ankist into a new age of illumination. Every morning, people wake up and open palm slam a woodwind instrument into their mouth. It is the Doom Flute and right then and there they start playing the notes. They play every note, and they play every note hard

Blastinus posted:

Senator

Yes, it would seem that is correct. My mistake. I thought we had spent all our power somehow. Disregard.

Navigator
cartoonishly turns out his pockets
coins scatter everywhere

Quackles posted:

Huh, interesting. But I have some thoughts...

• I think the idea has some promise. The existence of the 'pogs' means there'd be a natural give and take. But...
• Why is it only on Red Iron or Truthkeeper dilemmas? It feels awfully reductive, even if we can tell which dilemmas are are which. What about unrelated dilemmas - or ones where a sticker, but not a storyline, is at stake? Or just ones where interests might have to be marshalled one way to avoid (or cause) abdication.
• If we do limit it to a story, we could limit it to stories that are based on our own house's Narrative Achievement... of course, we'd have to exchange the nature of that achievement for that to work...

I appreciate your thoughts! We're of course open to counter-proposals; and this is of course not limited to House Daucus.

• It can be any two Storylines; those were chosen because they had similar symbols for MSPainting Pogs.
• The "dilemmas of two stories" restriction is to avoid exactly the situation we've found ourselves in for the Red Iron Storyline:
• • Let's say we draw a card where Enkhal invites us to a big birthday party.
• • If Gambol, Pinchay or Daucus sign it we're at two signatures and presumptively 'in the money' for Majority Signing Bonus.
• • If Lethe or Cyfoeth sign it, they're in the signature club and either in for a many-way draw or in competition for two signatures.
• • So every House is incentivized to compete for every potential signing event on every storyline.
• • It would be to the benefit of two Houses to give one another an unfair advantage in one competition in exchange for abdicating in another. Iterated game theory!

• We can rarely (:ssh:) know if a Dilemma is the one that advances the plot or not, hence the more general "involved in that storyline".
• Using pogs to force or counter an abdication seems like a spicy flavour to add to the Dilemma gumbo.
• Without revealing details, Gambol has a very vague Narrative Achievement. We thought maybe it was Floriando-related, but nothing panned out there. Is the Daucus achievement straightforward?

C... fucked around with this message at 17:24 on Feb 23, 2021

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

That's it! No more hiding in tomato crates! It's time to show that idiota Germany how a real nation fights!

For pasta~! CHARGE!

Actually while you can never know for sure, a dilemma that will advance a storyline will share its front picture (the you wanna help the peasants AYE/NAY side) with the latest storyline card.

So for example this dilemma might advance the bread storyline, but not the smugglers/"barbarian" neighbours one.

Inadequately
Oct 9, 2012

Sighence posted:

councilmember

I'll be going hard aye. All of Cyfoeth's gold will go to the first house to join us in commiting all of their power to Aye.

Foreman

Sounds good to me. Deal accepted.

C...
Jan 22, 2008

Tootin the Doom Flute has led the Kingdom of Ankist into a new age of illumination. Every morning, people wake up and open palm slam a woodwind instrument into their mouth. It is the Doom Flute and right then and there they start playing the notes. They play every note, and they play every note hard

scavy131 posted:

Senator
poison the very fields themselves

Navigator

I did say that people stealing the black wheat was one problem solving another... If only they had stolen more.
Many eat the rye bread, and none have suffered ill effects. It's an invasive species which germinates through fire, a fascinating adaptation that one man calls toxic, without presenting evidence.

But enough science - this is politics!

Sighence posted:

councilmember

We'll take all your gold! Stop burning stuff, you peasants!

C...
Jan 22, 2008

Inadequately posted:

Foreman

:v:
:suicide:

C... fucked around with this message at 17:54 on Feb 23, 2021

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

We need the equivalent of the shrimp = small pastry avatar, but for ambulances and their mysteries now.
^^^^ :v:

Inadequately posted:

Foreman

Witnessed!

That Italian Guy fucked around with this message at 17:56 on Feb 23, 2021

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

For pasta~! CHARGE!

Councilor

Well that was something.
See you next reign. Proposing king Blythe the second.

Unless House Lethe would be willing for an hard commit on Nay? 7 power us, 7 power you, flip a coin for who gets leader and the negative sticker?

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

For pasta~! CHARGE!

Updated agenda rankings after the last deal, same assumptions as before.

Opportunist, no power, 3rd place gold, 9 points

Rebel, 2nd place power, 2nd place gold, +1 open agenda, 17 points

Opulent, no power, no gold, 14 points

Moderate, 3rd place power, 4th place gold, -1 open agenda, 10 points

Greedy, 1st place power, 1st place gold, -3 open agenda, 18 points
If they're extremist it's up to 13 points instead.
If they're opulent 19 points instead.

So, uh, I don't think Lethe will be willing to commit. Just an hunch.

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

Omobono posted:

Updated agenda rankings after the last deal, same assumptions as before.

Opportunist, no power, 3rd place gold, 9 points

Rebel, 2nd place power, 2nd place gold, +1 open agenda, 17 points

Opulent, no power, no gold, 14 points

Moderate, 3rd place power, 4th place gold, -1 open agenda, 10 points

Greedy, 1st place power, 1st place gold, -3 open agenda, 18 points
If they're extremist it's up to 13 points instead.
If they're opulent 19 points instead.

So, uh, I don't think Lethe will be willing to commit. Just an hunch.

Would Gambol not be first in coins?

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

For pasta~! CHARGE!

Bellmaker posted:

We came for the deal a minute too late. 8 coin us, 10 coins Lethe

E:

Inadequately posted:

Foreman

C... posted:

Navigator

I did say that people stealing the black wheat was one problem solving another... If only they had stolen more.
Many eat the rye bread, and none have suffered ill effects. It's an invasive species which germinates through fire, a fascinating adaptation that one man calls toxic, without presenting evidence.

But enough science - this is politics!

We'll take all your gold! Stop burning stuff, you peasants!

C...
Jan 22, 2008

Bellmaker posted:

The Cyfoeth purse was clawed away from us. Pinched, even!

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

C... posted:

The Cyfoeth purse was clawed away from us. Pinched, even!

Mmm my mistake, too many seafaring houses ⛵️ 🦞

scavy131
Dec 21, 2017
Speed was indeed of the essence and it turns out taking time to rig up a more fanciful comment let the deal be snatched away by about 1 minute.

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

For pasta~! CHARGE!

You snooze you lose and it was honestly funny.

I don't know what Pinchay is getting out of the deal.
If the Daucus report is accurate they're locking in last place for better crown rewards and resetting the board (fair, we did it a couple reigns ago); possibly they're getting an house achievement? Bottom influence might be one of theirs, I doubt it's top welfare.

E: since "I don't know what they're getting" is a touch passive-aggressive (understatement): the tone was not intended, sorry, I realized it after posting. Just doing some speculation.

C...
Jan 22, 2008

scavy131 posted:

Speed was indeed of the essence and it turns out taking time to rig up a more fanciful comment let the deal be snatched away by about 1 minute.

Worst part was I had the comment open in the edit bay for 10+ minutes while I chatted with Omobono in Discord. Very funny times in Ankist!

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

For pasta~! CHARGE!

The argument boiled down to:
someone is going to get that deal so we should snatch it up to get first place :v:

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

Senator

We see no reason to interfere in Cyfoeth's righteous affairs. Our forepersons said previously that Mhuir selling us poisoned grain would be tantamount to an act of war, but I am sure even they would not have foreseen this level of treachery. Mhuir will reap what they have sown.

Also an artist (That Italian Guy) updated Lethe's coat of arms, but my Latin is a bit rusty. I am sure it is quite flattering :v:

Bellmaker fucked around with this message at 21:09 on Feb 23, 2021

C...
Jan 22, 2008

Bellmaker posted:

Also an artist (That Italian Guy) updated Lethe's coat of arms, but my Latin is a bit rusty. I am sure it is quite flattering :v:

How lovely!

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

We need the equivalent of the shrimp = small pastry avatar, but for ambulances and their mysteries now.
If any other House has found their inner motto, I'm up to update theirs coat of arms too!

In case there was any doubt, "Expectamus atque Auctoritatem Congerimus", the revised motto for Lethe means We Pass and Gather Power :v:

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

C... posted:

• Without revealing details, Gambol has a very vague Narrative Achievement. We thought maybe it was Floriando-related, but nothing panned out there. Is the Daucus achievement straightforward?

It's... kind of straightforward. I get the feeling all the Narrative Achievements are rather cryptic.

Now then.

Mostly Accurate Senate Status Report
brought to you by House Daucus

Power/Coins

House Cyfoeth: 8 Power, 4 Coins + 3 banked
House Lethe: 9 Power, 10 Coins + 5 banked
House Gambol: 8 Power, 8 Coins + 4 banked
House Daucus: 2 Power, 4 Coins + 7 banked
House Pinchay: 5 Power, 1 Coin + 5 banked

If my memory serves, banked coins are lost at the end of a reign.

If this causes an abdication, the following results are guaranteed:

House Cyfoeth: ? Power (much less than 8, probably), 0 Coins
House Pinchay: 0 Power, 5 Coins

The following results are predicted:

Power bonuses: Lethe (+2), Gambol (+1)
Coin bonuses: Lethe (1st), Gambol (2nd), Pinchay (3rd)

Pressure Rating

Medium - This one could be a reign-ender, but things are never certain... they seem to have solidified pretty quickly, though.

Hidden Agenda Prediction

House Cyfoeth is giving their all! They have a mission and they're here to see it through.

Agenda: Opulent or Rebel (70-30 chance)
Explanation: As first pick, and with a history of choosing Opulent, House Cyfoeth would naturally seek to continue their streak. However, there's a chance they're Rebel with how far they're pushing this vote right now.

House Lethe is biding their time, as suiting their new motto.

Agenda: Extremist or Greedy (60-40)
Explanation: House Lethe has favored Extremist and Greedy in their past picks. However, if they predicted a game end at this point, and they were Greedy, they wouldn't have banked their money. So I'm leaning Extremist. (also Extremist is a Prestige-bearing Agenda compared to Greedy.)

House Gambol almost got House Cyfoeth's deal - oh well. They still look set to prosper, either way.

Agenda: Rebel or Greedy (70-30)
Explanation: House Gambol has been Rebel a lot, so they'd naturally lean that way. They've also been Extremist before, but since they pick 3rd, I doubt they'd get Extremist before it was snatched up by House Lethe. So they might be Greedy, but it's unlikely.

House Daucus has been blindsided, but things will work out for us. They always do.

Agenda: Eating Wheaties

House Pinchay is betting that this will cause an abdication crisis. Maybe then they'll be able to get a better Agenda this time around!

Agenda: Opportunist
Explanation: This one's guaranteed. I think they're in on the deal because they get an achievement tick out of it (though I'm not sure what), and a new agenda if they're lucky.
Seriously, Opportunist suuuuucks.

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

For pasta~! CHARGE!

I really don't see how this doesn't end the reign, there would need to be an hidden morale or wealth penalty greater than the welfare boost.
Or an hidden influence hit of 2 more than the welfare boost.

Oh well, we'll take our free crave, second place plus that isn't bad.

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

Omobono posted:

I really don't see how this doesn't end the reign, there would need to be an hidden morale or wealth penalty greater than the welfare boost.
In this hypothetical scenario, the negative modifier would have to come before the positive one. Once the Stability marker gets to the end of the track, it stops moving - even if the Resource are updated.

megane
Jun 20, 2008

Treasurer

We really ought to convince the peasants to grow asparagus or something. This wheat is causing far more problems than it's worth.

As for the political implications, er, life comes at you fast?

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

Reign of Queen Hypatia I, Dilemma 3, Resolution

Vote Results posted:

Votes Aye, spends 5 Power (current: 0), gains 4 Coins (current: 5).
Invests 0 Coins in the Coin Bank (current investment: 5). Remaining Coins: 5

Votes Aye, spends 8 Power (current: 0), gains 0 Coins (current: 8).
Invests 0 Coins in the Coin Bank (current investment: 4). Remaining Coins: 8

Votes Aye, spends 8 Power (current: 0), spends 4 Coins (current: 0).
Invests 0 Coins in the Coin Bank (current investment: 3). Remaining Coins: 0

Votes Pass and gather Power, gains 6 Power (current: 8), gains 1 Coins (current: 5).
Invests 0 Coins in the Coin Bank (current investment: 7). Remaining Coins: 5

Votes Pass and gather Power, gains 6 Power (current: 15), gains 1 Coins (current: 11).
Invests 0 Coins in the Coin Bank (current investment: 5). Remaining Coins: 11

House Gambol breaks the tie as Moderator! House Gamble is the Leader for this vote.

Vote Outcome posted:

Envelope opened: 52

Resources and Stability change:

There currently are 14 cards in the Dilemma deck.

Chronicle stickers: -

No changes.

The end of Queen Hypatia I's kingdom.

Houses - Final scores posted:

Hidden Agendas

Hidden Agenda: Opportunist(2), 7x
Open Agenda(s): Wealth(P)
Final Power: 0
Final Coins: 5(third), 2x
Total: 9 Agenda Points

Hidden Agenda: Rebel(2), 13x
Open Agenda(s): Knowledge(P)(second), 1x
Final Coins: 8(second), 2x
Total: 16 Agenda Points

Hidden Agenda: Opulent(4), 14x
Open Agenda(s): -
Final Coins: 0.
Total: 14 Agenda Points

Hidden Agenda: Moderate(3), 10x
Open Agenda(s): Morale(N)(fourth), -1x
Final Power: 8(second), 1x
Final Coins: 5(third), 1x
Total: 13 Agenda Points

Hidden Agenda: Greedy(2), 11x
Open Agenda(s): Morale(P)Influence(N)(fifth), -3x
Final Power: 15(first), 2x
Final Coins: 11(first), 8x
Total: 18 Agenda Points

Prestige & Crave
1st place: House Lethe(12), Dukes of Natar, gains
2nd place: House Gambol(2), Dukes of Solad, gains
3rd place: House Cyfoeth(4), Dukes of Coden, gains
4th place: House Daucus(5), Dukes of Olwyn, gains
Last place: House Pinchay(7), Dukes of Gamam, gains
I have updated your House's Sheet with the Prestige/Crave score and updated the Alignment tracker with the Agendas you've picked so far. I've also marked down Achievement progress for the Houses that have managed to do them! These will remain secret until they are complete and will be revealed together with the bonus they provide then.

Prestige/Crave Rankings
House Lethe(12), Dukes of Natar: 8x, 2x
House Daucus(5), Dukes of Olwyn: 8x, 3x
House Gambol(2), Dukes of Solad: 8x, 4x
House Pinchay(7), Dukes of Gamam: 6x, 3x
House Cyfoeth(4), Dukes of Coden: 6x, 1x

New King's reign - Setup posted:

Chronicle Aging:

Resource Legacy

Story Legacy

Achievements Legacy
-
(P:9, C:10)
- Foreman/Sitting Councilmember: Blastinus (also Treasurer)
(P:9, C:10)
- Sitting Councilmember: C...
- Treasurer/Navigator: LPFinale
(P:8, C:10)
- Sitting Councilmember: scavy131 (also Treasurer)
- High Scholar/Sitting Councilmember: oldskool (also Treasurer)
- Sitting Councilmember: megane
- Treasurer/Negotiator: Bellmaker

Hidden Agendas & Picking Order posted:

The House with the least Prestige is the first to picked, while the House with the most Prestige is the last. In case of a tie, the order is based on the "nobility" of the House itself, determined by the "House Number" on your House Sheet (the highest the number, the highest the nobility). The picking order for this reign:
  • First Pick: House Cyfoeth(4), Dukes of Coden
  • House Pinchay(7), Dukes of Gamam
  • House Gambol(2), Dukes of Solad
  • House Daucus(5), Dukes of Olwyn
  • Last Pick: House Lethe(12), Dukes of Natar
:siren::siren::siren:
  • The current Sitting Councilmember for each House has 48h to submit their tiered preference for Hidden Agendas through PM/Email, putting all six in a scale from Tier 1 (want most) to Tier 6 (want least). You will be assigned the first Agenda available according to the picking order. NOTE: one Agenda is removed at random before the first House picks.
  • We need the Name of the next Ruler! Everyone is invited to submit their name of choice itt, the most popular will become the next puppet King!
  • It is time to give Hypatia I a nice epitaph (even if they most certainly probably are not dead). A few words or a sentence should do! The most popular (or my favorite, in case there's a tie) will be forever engraved in the OP, together with...
  • A picture to represent Hypatia I's portrait in the Hall of Rulers. You can grab one online, draw it yourself, paper machè it, the sky is the limit.

But wait...there's more!

Future Ruler, Dilemma1 posted:

Stakes:

I went ahead and pulled the 1st Dilemma for the future Ruler and it's something we can vote on immediately. There is going to be no resource movement as an outcome for this Dilemma so it won't influence Agenda picking. Normal voting rules apply - which means this is otherwise a normal vote. The time window is the same as the one for the Agendas.

Is it completely random? Or is there a method to this? :tinfoil:

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

For pasta~! CHARGE!

Senator

*Still wearing his thief outfit*
Bwa what is that?
Jeez, I knew maps don't come with instruction manuals but this is ridiculous.

Proposing a secondary motions to fire our cartographers and hire new ones, the council should not be the one deliberating on this. Not without recommendations.

Edit 1: ok that bread situation is kinda troubling, the hell did they sell us, zombie apocalypse bread? [ooc]With magically engineered prions[/ooc]?

Edit 1 part 2: If anybody got anything here? Otherwise we could all call this a bye, pass and gather power, and flip a coin.

Omobono fucked around with this message at 13:11 on Feb 25, 2021

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

Omobono posted:

Edit 1: ok that bread situation is kinda troubling, the hell did they sell us, zombie apocalypse bread? [ooc]With magically engineered prions[/ooc]?
I have it on good authority that, when you burn rye, the dark clouds it creates turn other crops into rye. On an unrelated note, I'm selling 100T of rye, cheap, PM if interested.

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

Senator

House Gambol appears to love to take other's credit when credit is due. I hope Cyfoeth remembers who worked with them during our late Queen's reign and who did not.

Queen Hypathia the Granulous, perhaps? It feels like her entire reign was about grain... and stainy rain falling mainly on the plain.

Bellmaker fucked around with this message at 14:03 on Feb 25, 2021

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

For pasta~! CHARGE!

Totally not a thief

Hey we were 1 single minute late to accepting a deal that didn't include anything on signing rights (meaning we still would have chosen ourselves).

We still worked with them for free a story card signing* and I assume they got their achievement(s) out of couping the Queen.

*50/50 on this one by the way.

E: can you guys counterpick rebel this time around? We'd like to pick something else.

Omobono fucked around with this message at 14:31 on Feb 25, 2021

C...
Jan 22, 2008

Well that's.... worrying. Definitely something up with that. I had oft advised not jumping to conclusions, but let's maybe conclude full-body staining is a bad sign.

Bellmaker posted:

Senator

House Gambol appears to love to take other's credit when credit is due. I hope Cyfoeth remembers who worked with them during our late Queen's reign and who did not.

Is that how it appears? As I recall, House Gambol tried to invent a new currency to give away literally exactly this - our signing interest in the other Storylines - and no one wanted to make a deal.
Besides, we had publicly agreed to go all-in in exchange for all of Cyfoeth's money - which at the time of agreement was zero coins. :v:

Omobono posted:

Totally not a thief

E: can you guys counterpick rebel this time around? We'd like to pick something else.
True story, Gambol put Greedy first as a "that'll surprise them, we'll be Greedy this time!" but it was already taken! One of these Reigns.

There are two roads on this map, which point at Aye and Nay. The Nay road has a mountain-sized scorpion guarding it, whereas the Aye road is only guarded by ... mashed potatoes?

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction
What a weird sequence to try to interpret. Too much food and stability causes an abdication but the card is explicit in there still not being enough food and an entire new underclass of people forming. I cannot imagine a universe where Hypathia is thought well of, even if she technically took the actions that would lead to both less starvation and less of the weird infection. She'd likely unfairly face blame for both.

Hypathia the Drab, for her overall milquetoast na------wait, toast is also made of bread, the whole focus of her reign. Drab, ineffective and related to bread. It's perfect.

Hypathia the Milquetoast

After one queen died from not understanding new art, and another queen was kind of a downer, I think some kind of flimflamming, odious twit would weasel their way into power, possibly by playing off new tensions.

King Barwick
Is a name that just oozes pomposity, yet would have it's origins in coming from a barley field outside of town. That wretched bastard. Probably made his fortune being in the one agricultural house with regular bread.

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

C... posted:

There are two roads on this map, which point at Aye and Nay. The Nay road has a mountain-sized scorpion guarding it, whereas the Aye road is only guarded by ... mashed potatoes?
We don't know, it may be squash.

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

C... posted:

That's a swamp.

C... posted:

Is that how it appears? As I recall, House Gambol tried to invent a new currency to give away literally exactly this - our signing interest in the other Storylines - and no one wanted to make a deal.

We're still thinking about it - please bear with us.

Quackles fucked around with this message at 16:55 on Feb 25, 2021

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

High Scholar

I don't know about the rest of you but I see the same general pathway at the top right of the actual Golden Map that I see at the bottom left leading towards Nay on this dreck the cartographers have "interpreted".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

scavy131
Dec 21, 2017

Sitting Councilmember

I think perhaps we shouldn't be too hard on a ruler who clearly had the people so closely in mind. Perhaps Queen Hypatia the Generous?

I suggest a tried and tested name for our next monarch, proposing either Ommad II, or Harald VI for our next sovereign. Sometimes the people need to see continuity in the line of succession.

That map does indeed present quite a choice. Do we take the route through swamp or through mountain? Both roads look treacherous.

With regards to Ashers? I give the superstitions about them little credence, less even than the tales of a single witch in the woods. They aren't prone to outbursts because of their ashen color or the food they eat, they're prone to outbursts because the poor live on the mean edge of survival and that is to be expected of one who has to fight for their daily bread.