Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

C...
Jan 22, 2008

Tootin the Doom Flute has led the Kingdom of Ankist into a new age of illumination. Every morning, people wake up and open palm slam a woodwind instrument into their mouth. It is the Doom Flute and right then and there they start playing the notes. They play every note, and they play every note hard

eliasswift posted:

Senator

I have my theories. I guess the question is if we want to dive into psuedoscience.

I agree that Nay looks like comprehending the compass, but I'm questioning Aye. I think that Aye might be... I don't know why, but the waves also look like the magnetic waves, but it also could be a liquid symbol?

My mind keeps going to those weird magnetic bracelets they sell that are supposed to speed up healing, and that will be a failed experiment, perhaps lowering knowledge or welfare. Alternately, maybe it's a theory that will work, and raise welfare as a representation of wealth.

The Nay will probably be +Wealth IMO, because compass, sea navigation, trade... I might be jumping ahead though.

My mind also went to some kind of Q-Ray Magic Bracelet, Mercury health tonic, kind of thing. Maybe Aye should be recommended, just to see what the heck it is?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

C... posted:

My mind also went to some kind of Q-Ray Magic Bracelet, Mercury health tonic, kind of thing. Maybe Aye should be recommended, just to see what the heck it is?

Well now I really want to do Nay.

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

C... posted:

I don’t see how the cup plays into that though, which is making me more and more curious.

Gotta get that ~BIG SIPPY~

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

We need the equivalent of the shrimp = small pastry avatar, but for ambulances and their mysteries now.

SporkChan posted:

I figured it out. The sheet hadn't had our starting power updated, so I was getting wrong results.
In case anyone else is confused, there is a "Legacy Effects" panel on the far right of the sheet that modifies the starting Power/Coins :)

TravelLog
Jul 22, 2013

He's a mean one, Mr. Roy.

eliasswift posted:

Senator

I have my theories. I guess the question is if we want to dive into psuedoscience.

I agree that Nay looks like comprehending the compass, but I'm questioning Aye. I think that Aye might be... I don't know why, but the waves also look like the magnetic waves, but it also could be a liquid symbol?

My mind keeps going to those weird magnetic bracelets they sell that are supposed to speed up healing, and that will be a failed experiment, perhaps lowering knowledge or welfare. Alternately, maybe it's a theory that will work, and raise welfare as a representation of wealth.

The Nay will probably be +Wealth IMO, because compass, sea navigation, trade... I might be jumping ahead though.

Senator

I agree the Nay does seem to be a compass, but Aye definitely has me baffled.

scavy131
Dec 21, 2017

Sitting Councilmember

So the map drawing for the Nay option does look like a map of Ankhist (simplified), so that does suggest further knowledge with magnets and stuff.
But for Aye, its still curious. If we're assuming the 'rocks with arrows' are indeed representative of magnets, we could be looking at anything from magnetic alloys, maybe a liquid that itself is magnetic. Or if we're going to stretch the meaning of the initial arrow rocks to be simply attraction, could the chalice option be some kind of love potion? Despite it being pretty far from the Nay option (or what we think the Nay option is), that seems both plausible considering the weird stuff we've encountered so far.

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

scavy131 posted:

Sitting Councilmember

So the map drawing for the Nay option does look like a map of Ankhist (simplified), so that does suggest further knowledge with magnets and stuff.
But for Aye, its still curious. If we're assuming the 'rocks with arrows' are indeed representative of magnets, we could be looking at anything from magnetic alloys, maybe a liquid that itself is magnetic. Or if we're going to stretch the meaning of the initial arrow rocks to be simply attraction, could the chalice option be some kind of love potion? Despite it being pretty far from the Nay option (or what we think the Nay option is), that seems both plausible considering the weird stuff we've encountered so far.

I think that’s stretching it a bit too far, but some kind of alloy makes sense. Maybe we can make our own red iron?

She claimed she was not a witch, so a love potion makes little sense given her past actions.

Bellmaker fucked around with this message at 16:24 on May 7, 2021

scavy131
Dec 21, 2017

Bellmaker posted:

I think that’s stretching it a bit too far, but some kind of alloy makes sense. Maybe we can make our own red iron?

She claimed she was not a witch, so a love potion makes little sense given her past actions.

Quite possible although I'd assume that red iron would likely be kept within the various Enhkali storylines since those seem to be the only ones to mention the Red Iron.

The assumption of some sort of potion was taking the idea to the furthest possible stretch I could think of, I'd assume whatever the outcome is would be a bit closer to reality of what a skilled chemist/inventor could do more than someone who dabbles in magics. (ooc:although it's clear that chemistry works a little different in this world from our own, so who knows what's possible?)

Blastinus
Feb 28, 2010

Time to try my luck
:rolldice:
Crap.

Senator

Yeah, at the end of the day, this is probably a choice between Knowledge and Wealth.

TravelLog posted:

Senator

I agree the Nay does seem to be a compass, but Aye definitely has me baffled.

If I had to guess, we're delving into alchemy with this, trying to use freaky theories to turn rocks into gold. As for whether that would actually work...well, there's zombies. Weird stuff is entirely possible.

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

High Scholar

We do like compasses...

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

We need the equivalent of the shrimp = small pastry avatar, but for ambulances and their mysteries now.
With the move and everything I forgot to send a reminder for the vote last night...waiting for one House to send their vote before updating :)

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

Reign of Queen Franz-Josefina I, Dilemma 6, Resolution

Vote Results posted:

Votes Nay
Spends 1 Power (current: 8). Deploys 0 Power in the War against Mhuir (current deployment: 0). Remaining Power: 8.
Gains 0 Coins (current: 37). Invests 0 Coins in the Coin Bank (current investment: 0). Remaining Coins: 37.

Votes Pass and gather Power
Gains 5 Power (current: 10). Deploys 2 Power in the War against Mhuir (current deployment: 6). Remaining Power: 8.
Gains 1 Coins (current: 8). Invests 0 Coins in the Coin Bank (current investment: 5). Remaining Coins: 8.

Votes Nay
Spends 5 Power (current: 0). Deploys 0 Power in the War against Mhuir (current deployment: 3). Remaining Power: 0.
Gains 0 Coins (current: 8). Invests 0 Coins in the Coin Bank (current investment: 0). Remaining Coins: 8.

Votes Nay
Spends 1 Power (current: 4). Deploys 0 Power in the War against Mhuir (current deployment: 1). Remaining Power: 4.
Gains 0 Coins (current: 13). Invests 0 Coins in the Coin Bank (current investment: 0). Remaining Coins: 13.

Votes Pass and gather Power
Gains 5 Power (current: 5). Deploys 0 Power in the War against Mhuir (current deployment: 0). Remaining Power: 5.
Gains 1 Coins (current: 20). Invests 0 Coins in the Coin Bank (current investment: 0). Remaining Coins: 20.

Storyline bonus: +2 coins to everyone who voted for the winning side without opposition.
  • House Pinchay gains 2 Coins (current: 39).
  • House Cyfoeth gains 2 Coins (current: 10).
  • House Lethe gains 2 Coins (current: 22).

Vote Outcome posted:

Envelope opened: 6

Resources and Stability change:

There currently are 24 cards in the Dilemma deck.

Chronicle stickers: -

No changes.

Reign of Queen Franz-Josefina I, Dilemma 7

History of the Kingdom of Ankist posted:

Hall of Rulers

Storyline: - Ending bonus: +20 Cohesion

Storyline:

Storyline:

Storyline:

Storyline:

- Foreman/Sitting Councilmember: Blastinus (also Treasurer)

- Sitting Councilmember: Omobono (also Treasurer)

- Sitting Councilmember: Sighence (also Treasurer)

- High Scholar/Sitting Councilmember: TravelLog (also Treasurer)

- Sitting Councilmember: SporkChan
- Treasurer/Negotiator: Covski

Dilemma 7 posted:

Stakes:

Active Event(s)

:siren::siren::siren:
A 48h voting window is now open!
- Sitting Councilmembers can send me a PM/Email with their final decision. Please consult the OP if you need a refresher on the rules!
- Treasurers can now start bribing. Please consult the OP if you need a refresher on the rules!
- Senators are free to discuss the Dilemma and provide their feedback. Don't forget that every choice could have consequences that are not spelled out outright on the front of the card! Also, please remember that the thread is the main discussion platform for your vote intention - the Sheet is only to be used when discussing high level strategy, bargaining strategies and items on the sheet itself.
:siren::siren::siren:

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH

Second cousin thrice removed

Why would we give money directly to the people so intent on creating zombies and murdering innocent people for the crime of eating black wheat?

Nay, the taxes are the realms to protect all, not the Mawthers

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

Slaan posted:

Second cousin thrice removed

Why would we give money directly to the people so intent on creating zombies and murdering innocent people for the crime of eating black wheat?

Nay, the taxes are the realms to protect all, not the Mawthers

Senator

What foul slander is this???

We have nothing to do with Celestina's witchcraft, and I personally dislike the insinuation that we do. We also have nothing to do with the Asher situation, that was Mhuir's doing, not ours.

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

That's it! No more hiding in tomato crates! It's time to show that idiota Germany how a real nation fights!

For pasta~! CHARGE!

Sitting councilmember

Point of order, Celestina is not the church but an heretic, even when she was still posing as a sister the church was wary of her and it was the church, through House Lethe, that moved to stop her when she tried to swindle king Blythe II in performing the octomaw ritual.

House Gambol will need some time to think about the implication of this choice.

C...
Jan 22, 2008

Tootin the Doom Flute has led the Kingdom of Ankist into a new age of illumination. Every morning, people wake up and open palm slam a woodwind instrument into their mouth. It is the Doom Flute and right then and there they start playing the notes. They play every note, and they play every note hard
Right - the Cult of the Mother are the good guys... Relatively speaking.

Sighence
Aug 26, 2009

Could I have taken my tithes and given it to the kingdom instead?

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

That's it! No more hiding in tomato crates! It's time to show that idiota Germany how a real nation fights!

For pasta~! CHARGE!

Quick coin check, House Pinchay should be at 37 and House Gambol at 10.

Blastinus
Feb 28, 2010

Time to try my luck
Crap.

Foreman

I'm going to say Nay as well, but for a different reason. Though I understand the importance of supporting our religious institutions, our nation uses the tax income for public works and infrastructure, which is also of value to the people. I realize that this resolution leaves the decision in the hands of each individual citizen, which I approve of, but it's still too much of a blow to the bottom line.

LPFinale
Dec 8, 2019

Senator

Well, this is certainly interesting... though I'm unsure House Gambol would be willing to make a large investment in any direction here, there may be some merit to the idea presented here. ...and we're all too familiar with our coffers being emptied in the past, anyway.

TravelLog
Jul 22, 2013

High Scholar

Lethe passed and gathered power, while Daucus voted Nay on the last dilemma, so I think you need to switch it to us who gained the +2 extra coins.

Insofar as the current dilemma goes, it does not seem terribly prudent to allow the Kingdom's coffers to be siphoned in this manner.

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

By the way, forgot to mention. I made this meme early last dilemma - now it's time to release it for public consumption.

Blastinus
Feb 28, 2010

Time to try my luck
Crap.

Foreman

I think, just to be sure, House Pinchay will place two offers on the table, and these are open to any house except Cyfoeth, since you guys will be passing anyway.

A) 4 Coins to place 2 Power on Nay.

B) 2 Coins to Pass.

Looking back, it's actually been a decent amount of time since House Pinchay put forward any deals. Possibly why we don't have our signatures on much of anything. That's going to need to change if we want to stay competitive in this game.

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Semipermanent Treasurer

We'd like to express interest in taking one of those deals, perhaps [B]. Would you be so kind as to hold us a seat?

This isn't binding until TravelLog, the High Scholar, okays it.

Quackles fucked around with this message at 09:16 on May 9, 2021

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

For pasta~! CHARGE!

Blastinus posted:

Foreman

I think, just to be sure, House Pinchay will place two offers on the table, and these are open to any house except Cyfoeth, since you guys will be passing anyway.

B) 2 Coins to Pass.

Looking back, it's actually been a decent amount of time since House Pinchay put forward any deals. Possibly why we don't have our signatures on much of anything. That's going to need to change if we want to stay competitive in this game.

Gambol councilmember
House Gambol would like to accept option B, but not A

Sort it out with House Daucus' previous post.

P.S. I'm taking Astrazeneca second dose in a couple hours :toot: so if I'm incommunicado my fellow House members will do further decisions.

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Omobono posted:

Gambol councilmember

I had assumed that the options were not exclusive, and each could be taken multiple times across the Houses.

Quackles fucked around with this message at 09:45 on May 9, 2021

Blastinus
Feb 28, 2010

Time to try my luck
Crap.

Quackles posted:

I had assumed that the options were not exclusive, and each could be taken multiple times across the Houses.

Foreman

Correct. Both Daucus and Gambol can Pass and be paid 2 Coins to do so.

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

Omobono posted:

Gambol councilmember

P.S. I'm taking Astrazeneca second dose in a couple hours :toot: so if I'm incommunicado my fellow House members will do further decisions.

Witnessed!

TravelLog
Jul 22, 2013

Blastinus posted:

Foreman

B) 2 Coins to Pass.

High Scholar

House Daucus will accept deal B.

Also following up on the below, TIG.

TravelLog posted:

High Scholar

Lethe passed and gathered power, while Daucus voted Nay on the last dilemma, so I think you need to switch it to us who gained the +2 extra coins.

Covski
Jun 24, 2007

Bringing the forums together with the greatest thread!

Treasurer

As much as it would seem this is merely taking money away from the treasury, the council seems to forget all the good the Cult does for the people of Ankist - most of all the poor common folk who are often forgotten by those of higher birth. Especially given this council's proclivity for spending it's funds on dubious projects in the search for "knowledge". Adding to that the recent attacks on the cult, both from without and from heretics trying to infiltrate it for its own corrupt ends, we feel that there are strong reasons indeed that this measure should pass.

To that end, we offer 20 coins for 5 power on aye for the first taker.

Blessed be the Mother.

Sighence
Aug 26, 2009

Covski posted:

Treasurer

As much as it would seem this is merely taking money away from the treasury, the council seems to forget all the good the Cult does for the people of Ankist - most of all the poor common folk who are often forgotten by those of higher birth. Especially given this council's proclivity for spending it's funds on dubious projects in the search for "knowledge". Adding to that the recent attacks on the cult, both from without and from heretics trying to infiltrate it for its own corrupt ends, we feel that there are strong reasons indeed that this measure should pass.

To that end, we offer 20 coins for 5 power on aye for the first taker.

Blessed be the Mother.

Two houses have agreed to pass, the third has no power, and the fourth has also offered deals to go nay and has more power than you.

Being Extremist doesn't mean being extremely late.

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

Sighence posted:

Two houses have agreed to pass, the third has no power, and the fourth has also offered deals to go nay and has more power than you.

Having 0 power doesn’t mean being extremely rude.

We’ve been busy with it being Mother’s Day after all 🐍

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

For pasta~! CHARGE!

Sighence posted:

If the latest Daucus report is truthful, Daucus has extremist or opportunist, with the other one discarded. I'm leaning more towards opportunist Daucus, but we'll know later on.

Quoting for attention:
does the +1 to the open knowledge agenda work only for House Cyfoeth or for everyone? (until that story card gets covered ofc)

(little sidenote but isn't the second AZ dose supposed to be worse than the first one? Talk about even less side effects than the extremely mild reaction from three months ago.)

Blastinus
Feb 28, 2010

Time to try my luck
Crap.

Foreman

For what it's worth, House Lethe, the offers are open to you as well. House Pinchay is determined to perform a Nay vote, so it'd be to your profit to Pass and gather more power.

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

Omobono posted:

Quoting for attention:
does the +1 to the open knowledge agenda work only for House Cyfoeth or for everyone? (until that story card gets covered ofc)
I would say everyone, but I would have to double check the wording on similar bonuses.

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

I'm not going to make an As the Reign Turns right now, because it will not be a good time for almost anyone involved.

To House Lethe: It would be really nice if you picked Moderate in this reign, and not House Gambol. I'm low-key hoping you did - or that this isn't a skull dilemma.

Covski
Jun 24, 2007

Bringing the forums together with the greatest thread!

Blastinus posted:

Foreman

B) 2 Coins to Pass.

Treasurer

We can see that we're struggling against an unstoppable tide once again. As such, we accept house Pinchay's offer of 2 coins for passing.

Blessed be the Mother.

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

It's ironic. This reign started with us bribing everyone to Pass.

Now it ends (?) with Pinchay bribing everyone to Pass.

scavy131
Dec 21, 2017

Senator

While we'll indeed also be passing due to the house's current power amount, the true fun would be the reign ending with another all-pass. If it'd make the literary parity that much more appreciable, I can definitely say that were it come to a moderation, House Cyfoeth would pretty certainly mod to Nay.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

Covski posted:

Treasurer

We can see that we're struggling against an unstoppable tide once again. As such, we accept house Pinchay's offer of 2 coins for passing.

Blessed be the Mother.

TravelLog posted:

High Scholar

House Daucus will accept deal B.
Witnessed!

Also, fixed Daucus and Lethe's Coin count.

That Italian Guy fucked around with this message at 11:08 on May 10, 2021