Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

crazy eyes mustafa
Nov 30, 2014

Aardvark! posted:

id take crocodile dundee over your nasally rear end splitting of hairs any day. stfu

You seem confused, was this intended for op?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot
if it's a shut-in chicken sandwich how come i have to leave my house to go get it. are you saying i live in a chicken sandwich store

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

The real fun of living wisely is that you get to be smug about it.

anybody try it yet

Casu Marzu
Oct 20, 2008

FBS posted:

anybody try it yet

I was super starving last night after working my second job and swung through McDs and got a crispy chicken sandwich. I think I might have gotten it a day early, cuz it had the new bun and shredded lettuce instead of leaf lettuce. The chicken patty itself was also pretty juicy and delicious.

If that was the new sandwich, I'd give it a solid B. I'd put it on par with the Wendys not spicy chicken sandwich.

Edit: if it wasn't the new sandwich, and the new sandwich is better than this, it's prob gonna be pretty tasty.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
Just had the spicy one for lunch. I guess it's the same patty as the classic but spicy sauce? Anyway the overall effect is a passable chick fil a knockoff. Nothing new, but if you want that kind of sandwich and your co-workers want big Macs now you have the option

WEH
Feb 22, 2009

The difference between bites with pickle/spicy sauce and without was night and day. If they put like twice the sauce and maybe an extra pickle or two it would be an entirely different sandwich imo

AverySpecialfriend
Jul 8, 2017

by Hand Knit

Behold: a sandwich

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

my local place has raised the price of the mcchicken twice since the pandemic. this is a virus worse than any other, the horror of the profit motive

----------------

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

all these reviews keep saying the spicy one is really spicy and after the mcnuggets I can't wait to be disappointed again

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

FBS posted:

all these reviews keep saying the spicy one is really spicy and after the mcnuggets I can't wait to be disappointed again

the mighty dipping sauce is much hotter than the spicy sandwich was

WEH
Feb 22, 2009

While I wouldn't say it was particularly hot the sauce definitely added a decent kick that the chicken lacked completely. Shoulda asked for the mighty sauce on the side to compare

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

i say swears online posted:

my local place has raised the price of the mcchicken twice since the pandemic. this is a virus worse than any other, the horror of the profit motive

Yeah, same, all the McDonalds here are owned by one family in town and they have absolutely turning the screws since the pandemic.

:sss: :tbear: Oel ngati kameie Los Ingobernables de Onsite BYOB
Seared tuna steak, served with ponzu sauce and wasabi.

FrankeeFrankFrank on 07:55 May 03, 2015 posted:

sometimes i rub Fabreeze on my hands and now my hands are very dry.

FrankeeFrankFrank on 04:55 Apr 10, 2017 posted:

It was nice knowing you all. Sometimes.

I still believe in Second Winter. Put this in your sig if you also believe in that and that it is real and not fake like the others say.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

FBS posted:

It’s not spicy like at all but it’s not terrible. Solid B sums it up pretty well.

----------------

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

Its fairly deedee, the bun was good.

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

My verdict:

I lifted the sandwich bag out of the main bag upside-down and the sandwich immediately fell out and splattered sauce all over my jeans and handbrake lever. 0/10 please fix your defective sandwich packaging

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

But how did it taste

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

I was pleased with the spice level but the sandwich as a whole could use more flavor

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

FBS posted:

My verdict:

I lifted the sandwich bag out of the main bag upside-down and the sandwich immediately fell out and splattered sauce all over my jeans and handbrake lever. 0/10 please fix your defective sandwich packaging

lol get baited

WITCHCRAFT
Aug 28, 2007

Berries That Burn

FBS posted:

My verdict:

This is extremely hosed up

is the sandwich/bagging assembly counter located in a zero G hyperbolic time chamber???

kirtar
Sep 11, 2011

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

FBS posted:

I was pleased with the spice level but the sandwich as a whole could use more flavor

I would generally agree with this. The heat level is pretty decent for a mass market product, though it also somewhat unbalances the overall sandwich since there aren't a whole lot of other strong flavors if you're not biting into a pickle. The bun was great though since I always love a good potato roll.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Casu Marzu posted:

I was super starving last night after working my second job and swung through McDs and got a crispy chicken sandwich. I think I might have gotten it a day early, cuz it had the new bun and shredded lettuce instead of leaf lettuce. The chicken patty itself was also pretty juicy and delicious.

If that was the new sandwich, I'd give it a solid B. I'd put it on par with the Wendys not spicy chicken sandwich.

Edit: if it wasn't the new sandwich, and the new sandwich is better than this, it's prob gonna be pretty tasty.

The Deluxe new chicken sandy comes with shredded lettuce.

Tried the new sandwich myself today. Thought it was okay but nothing that would make me rush out and get it again.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
It tastes very much like the old McDonalds southern chicken sandwich, which isn't surprising. It wasn't bad.

Although, I think I preferred the buttermilk, it was something different.

:sss: :tbear: Oel ngati kameie Los Ingobernables de Onsite BYOB
Seared tuna steak, served with ponzu sauce and wasabi.

FrankeeFrankFrank on 07:55 May 03, 2015 posted:

sometimes i rub Fabreeze on my hands and now my hands are very dry.

FrankeeFrankFrank on 04:55 Apr 10, 2017 posted:

It was nice knowing you all. Sometimes.

I still believe in Second Winter. Put this in your sig if you also believe in that and that it is real and not fake like the others say.

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
Excited to try the first ever chicken sandwich from Mcdonalds. All other fast food places get ready to eat your hearts out when Mcdonalds finally enters the game

----------------

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

sandwhich never excites me as a chicken delivery vehicle

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
I tried the non spicy one a few days ago and I guess my review would be: it was a fried chicken sandwich.

https://i.imgur.com/xuXBTA4.mp4

THIS SHOWSTOPPING SIGGY MADE BY MASTER SIGSMITH Literally A Person

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016

DarkSoulsTantrum posted:

I tried the non spicy one a few days ago and I guess my review would be: it was a fried chicken sandwich.

Not bad for maccas first-ever foray into the world of chicken sandwiches, you must admit

----------------

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
its amazing it took them this long

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yn8KfYOOEuc

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

COMPAGNIE TOMMY posted:

Not bad for maccas first-ever foray into the world of chicken sandwiches, you must admit

I’m excited to see what they try next, I hear burgers might be the next big thing!

https://i.imgur.com/xuXBTA4.mp4

THIS SHOWSTOPPING SIGGY MADE BY MASTER SIGSMITH Literally A Person

Derpies
Mar 11, 2014

by sebmojo
I am off the Keto for a bit is this a sandwich worth trying

----------------

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

just go to popeyes

----------------

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
I ordered both the Spicy Chicken Sandwich and the Spicy Chicken Deluxe tonight, along with some other stuff to fill out my Doordash order.

All reviews are based on the 22 minute deliver time between being served and delivered.

The Spicy Chicken Sandwich was hot enough to entice people who love spice. Both the heat of the sandwich and the spice complemented each other other that I was surprisingly fulfilled. If I'd added my own hot sauce, I think this would have been a grade A-B fast food option. Not world class, but if you're family's going to McDonald's, order this.

The deluxe only made it worse. The extra sauce and toppings just diluted the spice, added nothing, and were standard fast food crap.

Devonaut
Jul 10, 2001

Devoted Astronaut

The chicken exceeded my expectations, bun was a letdown. Overall, this is a chicken sandwich.

Well What Now
Nov 10, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
Shredded Hen
It's an adequate sandwich, although I didn't try the spicy version.

----------------

WITCHCRAFT
Aug 28, 2007

Berries That Burn
How much does it cost? Because the pictures look identical to the $3 "classic chicken sandwich" that appeared out of thin air about 3 years ago then disappeared again. Breaded chicken, pickle, propietary orange colored sauce, bun.

I'm not sure how it was classic because I had never seen McDonald's serve such a sandwich within my memory.

Is this like the Burger King Yumbo, and maybe they had a "classic chicken sandwich" 40-50 years ago that only Withered Husk People (common name; scientific name "Boomer vulgaris") can remember???

kirtar
Sep 11, 2011

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

WITCHCRAFT posted:

How much does it cost? Because the pictures look identical to the $3 "classic chicken sandwich" that appeared out of thin air about 3 years ago then disappeared again. Breaded chicken, pickle, propietary orange colored sauce, bun.

I'm not sure how it was classic because I had never seen McDonald's serve such a sandwich within my memory.

Is this like the Burger King Yumbo, and maybe they had a "classic chicken sandwich" 40-50 years ago that only Withered Husk People (common name; scientific name "Boomer vulgaris") can remember???

Prices will vary regionally, but it's $3.99 where I am.

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

Lol that the spicy is like 20 cents more than the non. Gotta pay for your squirt of glorp!

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
I finally saw the "chicken sandwich" op was referring to. Just lmao at thinking that is a chicken sandwich or calling it a chicken sandwich. loving lmao. Wake me when Mcdonalds actually enters the game for real :o:

----------------

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot

COMPAGNIE TOMMY posted:

I finally saw the "chicken sandwich" op was referring to. Just lmao at thinking that is a chicken sandwich or calling it a chicken sandwich. loving lmao. Wake me when Mcdonalds actually enters the game for real :o:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mz5ODQCueP8

also i ate both the spicy and the regular sandwich this week and the spicy is good as gently caress whereas the regular was really bland and smelled kinda gross not gonna lie, like it had absorbed all the metallicness from the bag thing it was packaged in

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

mcdonalds tweaks with their app way more than other places and they just cut their coupon eligibility to before midnight only lol

----------------

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

okay i like that they come in the dumb ripoff chik fil a bags

----------------