Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ichabod Sexbeast
Dec 5, 2011

Giving 'em the old razzle-dazzle

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

unique people aside, i think there's a Civ4 mod that roughly does that. Caveman2Cosmos or something. there was an LP of it a few years ago back.

Welp, so much for writing my thesis!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ichabod Sexbeast
Dec 5, 2011

Mayveena posted:

By the way, the Factory Town dev is working on an idle version of Factory Town. Should be interesting!

Hmmmmm. Wonder what an idle version of Factorio would look like.

Infinite Jest is a book about a film so entertaining it's more effective than any drug and viewers lose all desire to do anything except watch repeatedly

We should be careful is all I'm saying

Ichabod Sexbeast
Dec 5, 2011

RandomBlue posted:

This game has no use for petty concepts like time or speed of light or physics. None of the story timeline seems to add up but whatever.

Just chalk it up to time dilation

Ichabod Sexbeast
Dec 5, 2011

Stardeus Demo trip report:

Seems a little rough, but only as much as is to be expected from being EA. Not stuck with it a while, it seems like it should be extremely my poo poo, except I just want to play Space Haven more

Ichabod Sexbeast
Dec 5, 2011

Going to install both Captain of Industry and Workers and Resources and watch them have a series of proxy wars throughout my steam library

e: Actually, which of those would the thread recommend? I'm leaning towards W&R, but I am a sucker for a space launch

Ichabod Sexbeast
Dec 5, 2011

Tamba posted:

Just wait until you realize that this works the other way as well. Got a bunch of workers with empty slots? Just slap a solar panel on them and they'll provide power to the network.

Or reuse them as semi-mobile power poles when you no longer need them to move things around.

For a second I forgot what thread I was in and thought you meant human workers

Ichabod Sexbeast
Dec 5, 2011

Macichne Leainig posted:

Are you telling me there's not a game with solar panel human worker hybrids yet? Dang. Nobody ever caters to my niche

I pictured more of a "If you got time to lean, you got time to generate! Hold this and walk around a bit!" situation

Ichabod Sexbeast
Dec 5, 2011

Black Griffon posted:

Just make a wondrous fantasy factoriolike with a heavy drone/programmable agents focus but make them sleek robots there also with no explanation.

Project Necrosyn - industrialise and centrally plan your nation's economy through the power of just a fuckload of skeletons!

Jeez that's just so many skeletons

gently caress might see if I can make this in Godot

Ichabod Sexbeast
Dec 5, 2011

Jack Trades posted:

Most management games pretend to be about something else when they're actually just about getting more people to gently caress.

Now there a management game that's explicitly about loving.
https://store.steampowered.com/app/1584940/Lakeburg_Legacies/

There's a joke about Bear and Breakfast here somewhere

Ichabod Sexbeast
Dec 5, 2011

So the latest Workers and Resources new post on Steam is... Something

W&R posted:

Hello Dear Comrades!

Peter Adamcik, the general secretary of the People’s party 3DIVISION here. Recently we got the first enemy of our Soviet Republic. This enemy is making our life harder and significantly slowing down the development process. He is, ehm, he WAS once a respected member of our community and one of the best party members, but he decided to betray our Republic, our Party and our ideals.

It all began when we started work on realistic mode. He thinks he invented it or made it possible. Well, if he had kindly asked, we would have added him into the game's credits, we would probably do it (together with other guys who made various guides/challenges or contributors), but first we need to finish the game, then we can update the game’s credits! But he decided to contact us as a lawyer, and started to abuse the YouTube report system issuing copyright strikes to one of our most helpful influencers bbaljo, prior to getting our opinion on this issue. As he chose to use extortion and abuse, we became angry about this, and decided to never mention the name of the challenge he allegedly “invented” again, and ignore him.

But this guy reported our website, and the website was taken down. He also reported our video about the last content update where realistic mode wass introduced, and the video was taken down. He was successful because those reports are handled by BOTs, not humans. We will issue our reactions, and hopefully we will get answers soon from human employees of YouTube and Wix, who can evaluate his actual claims and agree that this is nonsense.

We are already in touch with Valve, because for sure he will try to take down the whole game from the Steam store.

The reason for this statement is also, because someone who doesn’t know our game, like some lawyer or legal copyright expert, could doubt whether we did infringe his copyright or not. Well, let’s try to figure out!

Ichabod Sexbeast
Dec 5, 2011

:ussr:

Workers and Resources posted:

Dear Community and Players,

We are pleased to announce that our game is now back in the store!

We thank you for your patience, support and understanding as we navigated this tricky situation.

We want to apologize to those who were looking to purchase the game and were unable to. We realize that we underestimated the situation, and it quickly escalated to a point that posed a threat to our game. We greatly wish that this had not been the case.

But we are now back on track and you can fully enjoy the game! We are excited to get back fully to the development and put this matter behind us.

3DIVISION
Dev Team

Ichabod Sexbeast
Dec 5, 2011

WithoutTheFezOn posted:

It’s really cute.

One of the buildings (the first, in fact, after the town center) you build is a forestry building which chops down trees and turns them in to useable wood. Standard for these types of games. The dudes will fell a tree, then strip it of branches leaving a long log.

You need at least two people working in that building under default production. I choose to believe this is because after it becomes a ~12 foot log two guys walk over to it, pick it up, and carry it back to the building. Can’t do that with one guy.

You should be able to do that with one guy, at the price of leaving a trail of destruction as he keeps turning round to look at things

Ichabod Sexbeast
Dec 5, 2011

Clark Nova posted:

There’s no fighting in the medieval Scotland simulator?

It posits a beautiful utopian past where England was never invented

Ichabod Sexbeast
Dec 5, 2011

VelociBacon posted:

Oh my god sorry I thought I was in the real life construction thread. I was like drat this guy's got a foundry and belts?

Where's this thread, and can it tell me how to get my own foundry and belts or is it more for professional construction?

Ichabod Sexbeast
Dec 5, 2011

VelociBacon posted:

If you let the community in like a hackerspace sort of situation it'll produce a steady stream of physically disabled males between 17-24yo. Dare to dream!

Oh you can physically injure people WAY younger than that

Ichabod Sexbeast
Dec 5, 2011

Synthbuttrange posted:

You really should, its a gateway to horrible factories

Didn't know Foucault was a poster

Ichabod Sexbeast
Dec 5, 2011

Something from way way back, but if anyone was wondering about getting it Graveyard Keeper is like 4 euros on Steam right now, 80% off.

Is it worth it at that price? I think some said it was a frustratingly grindy and uninteresting mess, but idk what the overall thread consensus was

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ichabod Sexbeast
Dec 5, 2011

Warmachine posted:

"Safety Third: The Risk Management Simulator"

Shake Hands With Microtransactions