Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Anno
May 10, 2017

I'm going to drown! For no reason at all!

Is there a good YouTube/twitch channel to learn about ONI? I feel like it’s the one of these I want to try next after my 100something hours in Rimworld but I’d like to learn about it first.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anno
May 10, 2017

So apparently a “big expansion” for Factorio is just now starting up with 1.1 being mostly final. Seems like big news! https://factorio.com/blog/post/fff-365

Anno
May 10, 2017

Anyone else have an eye on Dorfromantik? It might be more of a puzzle game than management, I guess, but it seems like it’d fit well in this space for people who just want something incredibly chill and relaxing. The first video on the Steam page covers it pretty well.

Anno
May 10, 2017

So a game called Buildings Have Feelings Too! comes out tomorrow and looks weird enough to be interesting. Best I can tell you manage a collection of anthropomorphic buildings through the turn of the 20th century and help them cope with the changing world around them. It’s got a neat style.

Anno fucked around with this message at 01:42 on Apr 22, 2021

Anno
May 10, 2017

https://twitter.com/RaveofRavendale/status/1387059644846247936?s=20

Anno
May 10, 2017

The greatest leaker of our times, the Windows Store, outed Two-Point Campus. TPH was pretty fun, so I’m up for whatever they’ll do here.

quote:

Build your university, your way!

It’s time to spin academia on its head! Got a yearning for learning? Or just keen to build an educational masterpiece? Campus is jam-packed with new creative tools to help you build the university of your dreams.

For the first time, build in the great outdoors as you develop your own delightfully educational campus environment, housing the top teaching facilities in the land. Whether you prefer building on simple foundations, or placing every tree, you can build the university you want. Lay down pathways with new easy-to-use tools. Plant glorious collections of outdoor flora. Place benches, fountains, sculptures, hedgerows – even picket fences. The only limit is your imagination (and your in-game bank balance).

Not the usual fare But, of course, it wouldn’t be a Two Point game without a twist. Rather than typical academic fare, students in Two Point County enjoy a range of wild and wonderful courses: from Knight School (hey, we all have to learn jousting at some point in our lives), to the salivatory Gastronomy, where your students will build mouth-watering concoctions like giant pizzas and enormous pies.

The academic year… is here! Take advantage of the opportunity to spend way more time with the little people in your university. The academic year begins with a summer break, giving you enough time to get everything looking great before your students move in.

Build libraries, hire the best staff (from eccentric professors to madcap researchers), kit your campus out with the best courses and watch the academic potential of your students get unlocked!

Shaping the future But it’s not just work hard. Get to know your students, explore their individual personalities, wants and needs. Keep them happy with clubs, societies, gigs.

Surround them with friends, help them develop relationships, furnish them with pastoral care and ensure they have the right amount of joie de vivre to develop into incredible individuals who will do the legacy of your university proud.

Anno
May 10, 2017

Oh neat, I missed that Industries of Titan got a Steam release date for this month. Anyone have strong feelings one way or another about the game?

Anno
May 10, 2017

Starmancer is going to hit EA this week - has anyone played any of the betas? I backed it on Kickstarter and have been loosely following it but never got to play.

Anno
May 10, 2017

I caught Splattercat’s preview video today for Farthest Frontier and came away pretty excited. Seems like a nice evolution of the Banished formula and pretty complete for an EA game. They seem to be doing EA more for tweaks/polish rather than developing core systems. And knowing Crate I imagine it’ll have great post-launch support for years to come.

Anno fucked around with this message at 03:19 on Jul 19, 2022

Anno
May 10, 2017

Harminoff posted:

Watching Splattercats Farthest Frontier video, he mentioned another banished like game called Settlement Survival. Anyone play that? How is it compared to banished?

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1509510/Settlement_Survival/

Ask and ye shall receive: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zip0kDS4-Eg

Anno
May 10, 2017

Sweet Transit is out in EA this Thursday, and they just announced it’ll be priced at 21.99 $/€ with a 10% launch discount. Anyone picking it up? Seems like a pretty fair price.

Anno
May 10, 2017

I kind of get big AAA games not caring as much about regional pricing, but it always baffles me when smaller indie titles ignore it. Like you need all the help you can get. Sweet Transit doesn’t look as bad as some but they could be doing a lot better.

Anno
May 10, 2017

Reviews for Two Point Campus are out: https://opencritic.com/game/12707/two-point-campus/reviews

Seems firmly in the “if you liked TPH you’ll like this too” camp. Which is good because TPH is a good little game.

Anno
May 10, 2017

Yeah I've watched a good bit of it by this point and if it's lacking any features they don't seem to be showing up in the early or mid game.

Their EA blurb says the below, so maybe some later-game stuff will be coming in EA.

But yeah, I fully trust Crate to iterate and expand on the game for years and years if it's anything like Grim Dawn, and assuming the game does well enough. Going by Steam followers/wishlists it looks surprisingly popular.

quote:

How is the full version planned to differ from the Early Access version?
“Protect and guide your people as you forge a town from untamed wilderness at the edge of the known world. Harvest raw materials, hunt, fish and farm to sustain your advancing town. Produce craft items for your villagers to trade, consume, equip and fight with as you battle for your survival against the elements and outside threats.

All listed features will be working when we release in EA.

Over the course of EA we plan to refine and polish the existing game as well as expanding the late-game with an additional tier of housing, more consumer goods and production buildings, and new ways to extend extraction of resources like stone, ore, etc, after initial sources have been depleted. Other ideas have been discussed and more may be revealed as we progress.”

What is the current state of the Early Access version?
“The core systems and features are currently working and there is 20+ hours of gameplay. Players start off with settlers in the wilderness and progress through 4 tiers of town-building and defense against raider incursions. We may elect to expand the game from here but all the features described in the "about" section are working in-game now, some just needing refinement to be considered release-ready.”

Anno
May 10, 2017

Best I can tell Farthest Frontier will be $30. Seems reasonable to me with it being apparently pretty far along for an Early Access game and from a proven developer.

Anno fucked around with this message at 03:40 on Aug 8, 2022

Anno
May 10, 2017

It’s fun that Farthest Frontier and Two Point Campus both decided to release on the same minute of the same day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anno
May 10, 2017

I just noticed there’s a complete-a-collection bundle with a 15% discount for Grim Dawn owners.