Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

I am a wizard, not a poet.

Sub Rosa posted:

Going to do a solid to my old buddy DGK and ##vote sandnavyguy because he rolls scum about as often as replacements are scum.

That is not a vote for hal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Sub Rosa posted:

Going to do a solid to my old buddy DGK and ##vote sandnavyguy because he rolls scum about as often as replacements are scum.

And is a very bad vote on top of that.
Going after Sub after the successful Hal turbo.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Is it I that is insane... or the rest of the world?

Sub Rosa posted:

Ah okay, you're very badly attempting to get the vote off your scumbro Hal, got it.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Textbook scum deflection, go after someone else while ignoring the vote on your scumbro so you avoid having a connection.

In this case, with a lovely reason too.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

You know Amni, I think you got it right.

Turbos are the true way to get day 1 content.

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

Yami Fenrir posted:

Or you cut D1 short. Either works.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Turbos are awesome and a lot of fun. And even failed turbos drive a lot of content.
I am against policies as a whole, but I can get behind a policy of D1 turbos.

Sub Rosa
Jun 9, 2010

Scummy turbos are not a good replacement for joke phase, imo. The response to my joke phase post is still interesting though. But okay.

##vote amni

I was more null on the turbo when I saw that Amni proposed it before the day began, but then I realized it was just a minute before the day started, so it wasn't actually a post from before Amni would know his role.

I do know Amni has pushed a D1 turbo for content as town, but that struck me at the time as bad play, and also probably intentional to serve as cover in a future game to turbo town as scum. And here we are.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Sub Rosa posted:

Scummy turbos are not a good replacement for joke phase, imo. The response to my joke phase post is still interesting though. But okay.

##vote amni

I was more null on the turbo when I saw that Amni proposed it before the day began, but then I realized it was just a minute before the day started, so it wasn't actually a post from before Amni would know his role.

I do know Amni has pushed a D1 turbo for content as town, but that struck me at the time as bad play, and also probably intentional to serve as cover in a future game to turbo town as scum. And here we are.

lol.

If you're trying to deflect from your scumbro at least get your facts straight.

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

Sub Rosa posted:

##vote amni

Sub...you have been observing a lot lately, how can you say this with a straight face?

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

I'm also kind of interested why Sub Rosa is voting Amni instead of, idk, the person who started the turbo.

Sub Rosa
Jun 9, 2010

...because I've been observing a lot lately

Sub Rosa
Jun 9, 2010

Amnistar posted:

just start the game we can vote him out, problem solved.

You were the first vote, Yami, but Amni proposes it before you

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Yami Fenrir posted:

I'm also kind of interested why Sub Rosa is voting Amni instead of, idk, the person who started the turbo.

Because their logic has no internal consistency, they are caught and they don't like it. Game over, the scum are Hal and sub. Pack it in.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Sub Rosa posted:

You were the first vote, Yami, but Amni proposes it before you

Before the game started.

rofl.

Grandicap posted:

Because their logic has no internal consistency, they are caught and they don't like it. Game over, the scum are Hal and sub. Pack it in.

I actually joked about that in my confessional.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Yeah like sure it's day 1 and whatever but this sure does feel like panicking scum.

Sub Rosa
Jun 9, 2010

Yami Fenrir posted:

Before the game started.
One minute before the game started, not before Amni would have known he is scum and Hal is not

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

Amnistar posted:

Also. I am now torn between yami and Hal dying on D1...

Man rosa...your case has holes...

Sub Rosa
Jun 9, 2010

Hmm. Well, yeah I did miss that earlier post when I looked back.

##unvote for now

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

So Sub Rosa do you like want a shovel or do you have your own.

Sub Rosa
Jun 9, 2010

:shrug:

I accept I'll get turboed if Hal flips scum. I'm town, but that would still be a good start for town.

Sub Rosa
Jun 9, 2010

I'm still more sus of people who push D1 turbos than the person targeted.

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

Sub Rosa posted:

I'm still more sus of people who push D1 turbos than the person targeted.

So yami, myself and grandi are all scum?

I see what you are saying, but that isn't a viable stance because of what is happening right now.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Retro Futurist posted:

Hal personally killed me so I will join you in an alliance here

:hmmyes: ##vote hal

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

Alfrything is only the ghost of a memory...
Bad gas

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

wow, just wow

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

##vote hal

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
:redhammer: You spent all that time arguing and Hal Insandenza is who you chose to hammer? Wow.

Votecount for Day 1
With 9 alive, it's 5 votes to execute. The current deadline is January 08th, 2021 at 3 a.m. GMT -- that's in about 2 days, 10 hours.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

fun game!

ObamaAkbar.
Apr 7, 2009

DesiredPopulationMin = 3
DesiredPopulationMax = 19
AverageDeathsPerDay = 6
WeaponsUsed = 13

Hal Insandenza, Queen Mathilde (Town-aligned Vanilla) has been executed D1!

quote:

You are Queen Mathilde (Town-aligned Vanilla), Consort to the King. You win when all threats to the town are eliminated.

It is now N1.

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 1

Hal Insandenza (5): Yami Fenrir, Amnistar, Grandicap, Retro Futurist, Tommunist
Amnistar (0): Sub Rosa, Sub Rosa
sandnavyguy (0): Sub Rosa, Sub Rosa

Not Voting (4): Hal Insandenza, sandnavyguy, Sandwolf, Sub Rosa

With 9 alive, it's 5 votes to execute. The current deadline is January 08th, 2021 at 3 a.m. GMT -- that's in about 2 days, 10 hours.

ObamaAkbar.
Apr 7, 2009

DesiredPopulationMin = 3
DesiredPopulationMax = 19
AverageDeathsPerDay = 6
WeaponsUsed = 13

Every morning, especially when the weather is as splendid as it is today, you like to go out on your balcony, lean against the railing and take a deep breath of fresh air. The view from up here is spectacular.

Grandicap, Count Robert of Leicester, Steward (Town-aligned Vanilla), has died under suspicious circumstances!

quote:

You are Count Robert of Leicester, Steward (Town-aligned Vanilla), a Norman Lord and skilled book keeper. You win when all threats to the town have been eliminated.

It is now D2

ObamaAkbar. fucked around with this message at 19:38 on Jan 5, 2021

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

I love waking up on D2 it’s like the Skyrim intro

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Tommu tell me why you’re not scum

Same question Opop

Sub Rosa
Jun 9, 2010

Amnistar posted:

I see what you are saying, but that isn't a viable stance because of what is happening right now.
So tell me what was happening right then?

Yami Fenrir posted:

Amnistar posted:

Or you cut D1 short. Either works.
So here we are, two town dead, with minimal posts from over half the living to go on. Please tell me more about how this is a +EV town move.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Sandwolf posted:

Same question Opop

I dunno, RNG I guess

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

Sandwolf posted:

Same question Opop

Would a scum be this cute

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

Well we finally had a turbo, but a game this size is not one I’d be happy to be on. Odds way too low.

Anyway, not only was there no jokephase, but I didn’t even get to post D1.

Vote Yami

For stealing jokephase.

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

##vote Yami

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Tommunist posted:

Would a scum be this cute