Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tk
Dec 10, 2003

Nap Ghost
Last month I won with a precious glimpse of the Olympic mountains from the suburbs of Seattle:

For the month of January the theme will be shaky cam. Put your tripods away and turn up that exposure time. Pan, tilt, zoom, blur. Save your "in focus" and "sharp" pictures for some other time!

RULES:
This thread is for posting pics & voting.
1. One submission/poster. You can change your submission as many times as you want, so long as you only have one entry when the voting begins! Edit your post to do this, please.
2. Single photos only - no video, triptychs, or multi-photo entries. Blending exposures into a single image (such as focus stacking, or HDR), is ok though.
3. Photos must be taken during the period of the contest. No pulling out old favourites!
4. Contest will be open until [at least] the last day of the month at 11:59 p.m. GMT after which voting will begin
5. Voting will continue until some time after that, probably the 2nd or 3rd.
6. Use good judgment/good taste if venturing into NSFW or potentially offensive territory. PM me or a mod if you have questions.
7. When voting, please use the spoiler tag.
8. In the event of a tie the OP of the thread selects the winner.

I or the mods reserve the right to amend the rules if needed.

Ready, set, snap!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nigel Tufnel
Jan 4, 2005
You can't really dust for vomit.
Some inspiration from Thomas Heaton on the subject of this month's theme

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T2rGplgQ3cA

tk
Dec 10, 2003

Nap Ghost
Thanks for posting that. Some good advice there.

I honestly didn't know what I was getting in to with this topic. I was thinking I would be doing a bunch of handheld nighttime shots but instead I've spent most of my mornings wandering around hoping nobody calls the police on the crazy person waving a camera around.

BetterLekNextTime
Jul 22, 2008

It's all a matter of perspective...
Grimey Drawer
Owl spirit on Flickr

iammeandsoareyou
Oct 27, 2007
Nothing to see here
DSCF9784 by noonebutme2010, on Flickr

iammeandsoareyou fucked around with this message at 22:05 on Jan 31, 2021

Nigel Tufnel
Jan 4, 2005

Sleepytime
Dec 21, 2004

two shots of happy, one shot of sad

Soiled Meat

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

tk
Dec 10, 2003

Nap Ghost
It is the end of the month. If you have yet, grab your camera, slow down the shutter, point it at some tree branches and go nuts.

I’ll close entries 24ish hours from now.

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

tk
Dec 10, 2003

Nap Ghost
Contest is closed. Here are the entries for this month! Voting closes whenever there's a clear winner or people stop voting.

tk
Dec 10, 2003

Nap Ghost
I'm going to vote for sleepytime. I think that dog is chasing whatever that light is and it's great. Really like iammeandsoareyou's hidden landscape too.

Nigel Tufnel
Jan 4, 2005
iammeandsoareyou. Really enjoyed looking at this one trying to work out what was going on.

iammeandsoareyou
Oct 27, 2007
Nothing to see here
..........sleepytime.........

BetterLekNextTime
Jul 22, 2008

It's all a matter of perspective...
Grimey Drawer
harperdc

Sleepytime
Dec 21, 2004

two shots of happy, one shot of sad

Soiled Meat
tk but I’m also enjoying the ghost owl

Guido Merkens
Jun 18, 2003

The price of greatness is responsibility.
nigel tufnel freaking gorgeous!

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

I’ll give it to the ghost owl BetterLekNextTime

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

betterleknexttime

Lawson
Apr 21, 2006

You're right, I agree.
Total Clam
Nigel, how is this even a question

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

I am the master of my lamp;
I am the captain of my tub.
iammeandsoareyou

seravid
Apr 21, 2010

Let me tell you of the world I used to know
Nigel Tufnel. Close call, though.

tk
Dec 10, 2003

Nap Ghost
I believe that gives Nigel 3 votes which breaks the current three-way tie at 2 votes, so I'm going to hand this month's victory to Nigel Tufnel for some angelic looking tree branches. Congrats, Nigel! Next thread is on you.

tk fucked around with this message at 23:01 on Feb 3, 2021

Nigel Tufnel
Jan 4, 2005
Thanks guys! I am gonna have a ponder on a new theme and have something up soon.

SoundMonkey
Apr 22, 2006

I just push buttons.

Nigel Tufnel posted:

Thanks guys! I am gonna have a ponder on a new theme and have something up soon.

NIGEL MAKE THE THREAD

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nigel Tufnel
Jan 4, 2005
I'm doing it! Slowly.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3958307