Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

is there a reason our zones keep getting silently gassed, should i take this as a go-ahead to make a new one

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

not sure why my thread, about how democrats are in fact not very good, was gassed, perhaps a moderator could shed light on this situation

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Crusty Nutsack posted:

there is a whole world of cspam threads out there with people who hate dems! you should explore it

This does not seem to be a reason to gas threads, as there is no "multiple threads cannot be made about similar topic" rule, so I assume it was yet another unfortunate mistake

You're so clumsy!

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

twoday posted:

yes, the tweet says "BIDEN" in loving caps locks several times

Please explain, exactly, what the problem is with us having a thread instead of silently gassing any attempt to open discussion and then condescending to us for daring to ask anything of our betters

Is it breaking a rule? No, so mods shouldn't be involved
Are you being forced to by admins? Well the Head Admin approved it so no again, that's not an excuse

which leaves us with option 3: "I don't want to"

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

WorkerThread posted:

seriously, what was wrong with the old :justpost: version of cspam?

People were enjoying themselves too much and not saluting the mods and thanking them for their service every 2 seconds

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

twoday posted:

Yes, rule # 10 of the rules of C-SPAM. That thread was warned about this repeatedly by multiple moderators over a series of many months.

None of the posted threads seemed to be doing this before you gassed them though? So we're right back to "you're full of poo poo"

Nice to know that the reason the original closed is example #351 of you guys prioritizing the whining of other mods over your own users though

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

While that rule is loving stupid because literally no other forum has a rule like that and it's just to arbitrarily punish a single thread for daring to speak ill of their betters, none of the new threads broke it so even by those stupid standards the gassing was entirely unjustified

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Squizzle posted:

yinlock do you engage in any political or organizing activity that isnt post-based, or do you just post relentlessly about how the mods are stopping you from posting the posts that will usher in an age of utopian communism

When did I ever say my posts were going to usher in communism or whatever the gently caress you're saying here, what even is this?

Flavius Aetass posted:

ok

step 1: we get a shitload of complaints about (and from within!) one particular thread all the time
step 2: we go in to talk to you about it
step 3: you yell about nazi mods
step 4: we probate people who are making wildly hosed up posts
step 5: you yell about nazi mods
step 6: repeat this for months
step 7: gas the thread because the frequency at which this happens has come to everyone's attention

i don't know which part you think is ridiculous here

ok let me translate that

step 1: mods from other forums whine at you and their bootlickers report-flood you, which you take more seriously than your own users
step 2: you go in to yell at us about it after the problem has already died down, thus sparking it again
step 3: you get laughed at for being dipshits
step 4: you probate some hosed up posts but explicitly refuse to probe any liberals trolling the poo poo out of the thread
step 5: you get yelled at for being dipshits
step 6: repeat this for months
step 7: it gets revealed that the mods from other forums are being shittier than even you imagined, you choose to double-down to protect them rather than the users of the forum you moderate because being a member of the cool cops club is more important to you than actually supporting a community
step 8: close the zone with the most obvious lie ever, get called out on the lie, get mad about this
step 9: silently chain-gas any new threads for no reason

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

so one more thread shouldn't be a problem then? ok good talk

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

also I only tried the Rules thing because I figured it was all you actually cared about, but I forgot that cops only care about rules when it's convenient for them

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

ArfJason posted:

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

issuing a correction on a previous post of mine about the poster arfjason, you do, actually, "gotta hand it to em"

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Homeless Friend posted:

im lollin thinking of the difference in modding between logikv9+mcclaine and how that was actually an upgrade over what the succzone was left with

i wonder what happened to logik after the ppj debacle, he just went completely silent forever

i assume his soul was sucked out by a shadowy mod cabal

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Flavius Aetass posted:

do you guys think his posts were going to get better in the next six hours??

it's ok to admit you made a mistake

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Flavius Aetass posted:

lol i'm sure he'll be sorely missed

you had 1000 bad posts to choose from, why pick the good post

are you trying to discourage good posts

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Jeffery of YOSPOS posted:

Actually, considering the posts in this thread, especially after I've made Herculean efforts to meet you half way, I'm considering closing CSPAM altogether. I thought giving you top-level status might be enough to pacify the more enthusiastic members of the succ zone clique, but you've decided to once again bite my hand.

I'm going to take a walk and think through this. But consider yourself on notice.

posting twice in the thread and ignoring every reply is not a herculean effort

it is, in fact, not an effort at all, and condescending to us doesn't help either

just listen to what people are saying rather than dismissing them offhand because a few dumbass mods keep screaming about how we're trying to burn the forums down 24/7

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

also when was the first time we "bit your hand"

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

i apologize in advance, and also claim victory, if my aggressively calling mods poo poo-for-brains has led to the ultimate destruction of c-spam

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

sorry is that an old lowtax post or something, if so ive taken the bait hard

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

spacemang_spliff posted:

has there ever been a forum where everyone didn't call the mods poo poo for brains? I thought that was just something you accepted when you became a mod

byob is about it, i think

though on that subject and while jeffery is here might I ask why making fun of mods in c-spam is so incredibly forbidden? I get that the d&d mods are constantly feeding you bullshit about how we're invading other forums 24/7 like an uncontrollable mob but we largely just sit around in our thread saying "mods bad"

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Also, this feud against d&d mods came entirely from them constantly loving with c-spam, either personally or using proxies, and our mods being entirely servile to them for no adequately-explained reason

something they are still doing by the way

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Probably Magic posted:

Think carefully on how we spell Jeffrey.

ah gently caress, i've been owned

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

this is going in the Succ-Zone Self-Own Hall Of Fame right next to McMagic Argues With Unsourced D&D Quotes And Loses

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Squizzle posted:

greetings, i am sheepishly doing the bidding of dnd mods, and the secret dnd shadow mods

the fact that my brain is the size of a walnut doesn't change the fact that you largely do whatever they say

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Dustcat posted:

alternatively, and this has been suggested before, just make a succ subforum of cspam where yinlock is ik and taints can run wild

i think i've just definitively proven that i could never handle any kind of power

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Squizzle posted:

you arent dumb, you are trusting. that speaks well to yr character, even if it has practical downsides. never feel bad for believing in the decency and forthrightness of people!!!!

thanks 4 believing in me

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Homeless Friend posted:

all of squizzle friends slamming the glass trying to get him to stop drinking the mind control juice but he thinks we're congratulating him and gives us a toast

squizzle no that beaker is labeled "liquid mod-brain", noooooooooooo

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Larry Parrish posted:

have you considered giving this forum a mod team that isn't drawn from the psychopath posting clique that causes you so much drama in the first place. the admins are responsible for picking the mods, and the mods are responsible for the culture of the subforum, and you have a problem with the culture of the subforum.

do your job, dipshit

*pats seat next to me* welcome friend, join us in the Owned Zone

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Roth posted:

3 posts and Jeffery is the best poster in C-SPAM.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Regarde Aduck posted:

And will learn nothing.

I learned to actually read usernames instead of looking over them and focusing on avatars to recognize posters

also, that i'm a dumbass but I already knew this

what other lessons were there

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

ArfJason posted:

That they should prioritize fixing problems instead of silencing dissent.

they should, thank you arfjason

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Paladinus posted:

What if dissent is the main problem?

to the staff it certainly is

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Flavius Aetass posted:

:unsmith: I am a commie shitposter too, friend

as to your question about fyad and d&d, however you might feel about the injustice of it, circumstances force us to act as though they are two separate issues and I hope we can all post in peace until it is resolved

what are the circumstances though, we never actually get a straight answer on this

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Flavius Aetass posted:

The d&d poo poo talking was often not fun or funny to an outside observer. It was very obvious to anyone outside of the succ zone that you weren't just kidding around and making fun of some goons. There was some real, genuine hostility and meanness that had been allowed to fester based on old interforum grudges that elsewhere had passed into "high school rivalry" territory.

the thing is it's not really old grudges at all, d&d mods constantly gently caress with the forum and their users loved invading the thread to rile us up, but it's only suddenly a Huge Problem when we point out when they're doing something genuinely disgusting

I never felt like our resentment went beyond "lol d&d is poo poo" until extremely recently when said disgusting thing was going on and a d&d mod defended it over PM, thus making us justifiably Real Mad

thank you for actually responding though

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

also our grumpiness never even reached close to actual threat levels, we were just mad about an internet forum doing lovely things

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Doing respectability politics with my forum about talking about how bullshit that kind of posturing is.

also, the exact thread that hates it the most

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

some plague rats posted:

TMR was created to act as the personal fiefdom of some of the worst posters ever to grace this site who have all flamed out in spectacular ways but sure let's blame the one guy we're mad at for unrelated reasons

it was created because any attempt at minority-issues-focused discussion in d&d got trolled to poo poo and back

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Flavius Aetass posted:

I appreciate the irony but I've never thought that the hostility we should have for politicians should extend to fellow goons. You may disagree and there are certainly exceptions but I feel pretty strongly about making C-SPAM a welcoming place. Sure, some people need to be told to gently caress off or have their taint ran, but at the end of the day i don't think you should be thinking of anyone here as your real life enemy when it is just posting.

I think it's ok to get genuinely mad at people doing disgusting poo poo

leftists as a whole actually care about things, and so we get mad at lovely people being lovely

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Dixon Chisholm posted:

Nah. The people over there and anywhere else that said poo poo like 'she was lying about rape for money' are my real life enemies. The reaction to Tara Reade was absolutely disgusting.

this is where i'm at

contrary to earlier, bizarre claims about me I do not think my posting is going to unite the 5 communism crystals and usher in utopia for everyone

I just really loving hate rape apologists, because they are bad people

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Homeless Friend posted:

its pretty simple, he was given a flamewar forum (founded with some legit grievance there tho) where a bunch of people squatted in it to fight for great forum justice against the fyad forces lol. he dgaf (can't blame em too hard) so he just nuked it. the front page wars were by far the funniest chapter. hes got that bad guy admin job, a blackguard type u could say

he mostly "nuked" it by insta-probing/banning anyone who ever questioned him and generally acting like a petty tyrant

whether you not you think that's justified you gotta admit he was probably the most perfectly wrong person to be admin after a major Forums Scandal painting the staff as out-of-touch authoritarian weirdos