Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

QUEER FRASIER
May 31, 2011

it’s kinda funny that the mod team deliberately neglected the succ zone for weeks on end while it became an ever more insular and hostile thunderdome, and then instead of uhhh moderating the thread properly and/or punishing the posters who were turning it into a trashfire they just close it indefinitely. everyone who reads the thread even semi-regularly could see what was going on. biggest thread in the subforum by far without a dedicated mod or ik hmmmmm I wonder why it’s constantly flying off the rails idk let’s nuke it

as usual, the vast majority of the dysfunction on this website is the direct result of complete idiocy from the moderators

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

QUEER FRASIER
May 31, 2011

welcome

QUEER FRASIER
May 31, 2011

Dustcat posted:

"shitstirrers coming into a thread should result in a multipage screaming match" is a weird argument

mods aren't there to defend anyone's fragile psyche from hurtful words, they're there to keep threads readable

so to be clear you think the best thing the CSPAM moderation team could have done to keep the succzone readable was to neglect it until it became a complete shitshow and then close it?

it seems like the mods are less interested in “keeping threads readable” and more interested in hanging out in the same three theads as ever and hoping the other ones either handle themselves or get messy enough that they can use it as pretext to nuke them

QUEER FRASIER
May 31, 2011

I guess by locking rather than deleting the succ zone, the mods have technically kept it readable. promises made, promises kept

QUEER FRASIER
May 31, 2011

this loving forum lol

QUEER FRASIER
May 31, 2011

fosborb posted:

a gimmick poster parodying stereotypical online aggro and rapey bernie bros turned out to be the actual lived experience of the author of all those pearl clutching bernie bro articles

god drat amazing

QUEER FRASIER
May 31, 2011

lol that a sex pest gimmick poster everyone is claiming they’d had enough of gets revealed and driven out, and a bunch of peoples reaction is to continue inexplicably raging against FYAD

QUEER FRASIER
May 31, 2011

Trash Ops posted:

if there was a reward for outing taintrunner as a creep, i would wish it was no more bitchmade probes like this:

cspam: where using the “post history” button on one of the worst posters in the forum gets you 3x the probation as asserting that you’re going to behead another poster (not going to link the post because I don’t want to be guilty of helldumping lmao)

QUEER FRASIER
May 31, 2011

Flavius Aetass posted:

this is the place for it if you insist on bitching about a terrible poster getting probed

come on Flavius you use the buttons incredibly harshly on our fyad/cspam crossover friends and a quick glance at your rap sheet makes it pretty clear why

QUEER FRASIER
May 31, 2011

spacemang_spliff posted:

you can form a cult of personality around me. there's not much to work with but that's your problem not mine

I'm a supplicant, prostrating myself utterly before whatever divinity might hear my urgent plea, for the love of God give the horrible creature known as spacemang_spliff power over this thread, to do to the posters within whatever his chaotic whims might dictate. Erase me from the book of life, inscribe my name into the book of chaos, I implore the unknown gods of infinite multitude, unleash spacemang_spliff upon us.

...you’re right, it just doesn’t land the same

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

QUEER FRASIER
May 31, 2011

cumshitter posted:

politifact rates this as: true. the property is held in a trust established by his wife's parents for her benefit

lmao