Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

dear mods it has come to my attention that someone bought a smiley that would be a bitchin thread tag

:polls:

please turn it into a thread tag so i can make the polls piss thread the only thread cspam will need going forward for its polling and pissing needs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

also if i made a mock thread for establishment republicans similar in tone to the succ zone for establishment democrats would i be allowed to call it the cucc zone or would that be an autoban

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

i will make both threads once the polls piss thread tag is available that is my demand

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

Crusty Nutsack posted:

there is a whole world of cspam threads out there with people who hate dems! you should explore it

all right speaking as the main person who posts content in the succ zone i should probably make it clear why i tend to post there instead of other threads in the first place i do post in other threads as appropriate but by and large the tweets i want to share with my posting pals tend to be succ zone tweets heres an example

https://twitter.com/kenvogel/status/1358817580979539968

this tweet is succ zone topical because the figure in question vivek murthy is technically nonpartisan despite the dems fetish for competent adults he was running the show during the ebola epidemic hosed it up and ever since last year weve been gaslighted into thinking obamas ebola response was cool and good actually and now we find out hes been taking bribes from health insurance companies but in a positive way which has been a recurring trend for biden nominees

now where can i post this except the succ zone? democrats thread? not really because hes not an elected figure. biden thread? hes more an obama guy than a biden guy and biden probably thinks hes some immigrant who works at the convenience store. did you get that joke? because biden is senile and because succ zone regulars have all seen the gross racist footage where biden talks about how youre not allowed to own a convenience store unless youre an indian. even if you did get it thats very much a succ zone culture joke that would probably be misunderstood in either of the other two threads i just mentioned

and yes two threads im looking at the front page of cspam and im already out of other threads where a tweet about bidens surgeon general pick taking bribes would feel even slightly on topic if theres no succ zone thread theres honestly not much reason for me to hang out in cspam at all and maybe thats your goal for all i know this succ zone drama is just an excuse to get rid of me but if youre actually sincere about closing it down due to dorechat or d and d relitigation it would make a hell of a lot more sense to go after the minority of posters doing that stuff instead of the majority of us who use the thread to discuss weird democrat adjacent news stories that arent easily classified under the subject line of more straightforward thread topics

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

good to know that the mods are completely incapable of interpreting nuance i can see why youre in charge and also why you shut down the succ zone much more clearly now

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

Flavius Aetass posted:

step 4: we probate people who are making wildly hosed up posts

in the succ zone you did this?

i ask because almost no one is ever actually probed in the succ zone as far as i can tell

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

like probably the most serious succ zone probe of the last several months was twoday giving me twentyfour hours because he didnt understand my tails get trolled reference

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

thinking the succ zone is just about hating democrats is very much misunderstanding what the succ zone is about succ is a cultural movement of terrible people so heavily addicted to their own farts they not only dont have principles they dont even understand what principles are

biden was a creation of the succ with the succ itself existing long before he declared his candidacy its a concept that goes far beyond the democratic party as we properly understand it having also permeated much of the media and countless sad twitter randos and celebrities

saying the succ is the same basic thing as biden and the democratic party is like saying populism is the same basic thing as trump and the republican party youre distorting the definitions so badly that misunderstanding the actual root causes is virtually inevitable

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

Flavius Aetass posted:

all of us hate Biden, come on mack

this is why i dont want to post in the biden thread hating biden is the easy way out and far less intellectually challenging than having to contend with the horrifying reality that nearly all leftist energy in the country has been captured and contained into meaningless hashtag movements

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

if thats how you feel just probe the people who are talking about d and d

the vast majority of succ zone content wasnt about that and anyone whos telling you thats all we did is a liar

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

Crusty Nutsack posted:

we did that many times. and warned everyone many times. this is not a new problem.

really because i was a regular poster in the succ zone and i can barely remember anyone getting probed at all and bear in mind that since im night crew id see probes that were only approved long after the fact

even in the context of moderation discussion we had far longer chats about threadbanning quetzadilla and mcmagic or banning jimmy dore conversations than i can remember anyone ever seriously getting mad about d and d

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

SKULL.GIF posted:

lol at all the absolute worst posters in cspam flocking together to beg & plead for the succ zone

thank you for helping out skull gif your support means a lot to us

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

its weird how despite the succ zone being the most evidently terrible thread on the forums noones sharing our bad posts why its almost as if this is just projection because the d and d mock posts hit so hard people are thinking its the ultimate insult despite most succ zone posters barely even remembering them

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

was that supposed to offend me because that thread was so sad and pathetic i couldnt even be bothered to click to the second page

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

personally i see the succ zone as more of a mock thread than a hate thread which is also why the new splinter threads dont appeal to me any post in the biden thread validates bidens importance when i really dont see biden as anything more than a figurehead for a much more broadly defined philosophy

i briefly considered making an aoc thread because shes trying to walk back the claim that ted cruz tried to murder her but then i just thought you know this is funny mainly because its stupid and irrelevant but in the context of an aoc thread id be implying shes relevant which is the opposite of why its funny

bernie is another figure whos super succ now but hes NOT A DEMOCRAT and like aoc he doesnt even do enough to warrant his own thread on a daily basis thats kind of the entire reason why anyone would even want to post about him anymore

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

really i dont think even liberalism fully encapsulates the idea of succ at least liberalism is an ethos take katie porter shes as liberal as they come but not a frequent source of mockery in the succ zone owing to her sincerity

the big exception was when pelosi screwed her out of her committees which was both a statement on pelosi not caring about liberal causes and porter being dumb enough to think shed be rewarded for being outspoken in favor of good things

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

im actually a bit of a liberal myself since i am continuing to take the mods at their word that they care about how the succ zone differs from splinter threads and why people want it back when the available evidence suggests theyve already made their decision and are working backwards to justify it

ironically enough my inevitable failure will validate those whose original response was just gently caress da police since we will have achieved the exact same results despite my having put in a serious effort to engage authority figures in good faith

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

ok I tried looking at the alternate suggested threads and nope none of them feel right for this particular kind of stupidity

https://mobile.twitter.com/pkcapitol/status/1358960921247428614

nothing says legitimate governance like a trial where youre not even bothering to call witnesses and are just trying to get it over with as quickly as possible since failure is inevitable and youve got better things to do

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

Zurtilik posted:

No please. I might actually end up doing work.

yeah for real jeffrey if you think this is what we look like when were mad i have no idea what to tell you

were not biting your hand were turning you and your mod buddies into the content because you all are behaving in a clownish manner if we were actually trying to run your taint believe me you would not be in any mood to take a walk

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

we lost bernie we lost aoc we lost any hope of our country not being a shithole for the rest of our lifetimes and you think losing the place we like to vent our frustration compares to any of that

lets never mind the fact that the succ zone was our main place to vent anyway so getting rid of cspam writ large is more collective punishment against our posting enemies who actually support you than it is anything thats going to hurt us

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

wait a minute was that the troll jeffrey

drat that got me good

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

theres just one thing i don't understand why wasnt troll jeffrey probated for making a funny post

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

ArfJason posted:

how are all of you so loving stupid you fell for the same trick twice

reading involves effort which is also why the succ zone needed to be closed

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

on a more serious note nearly all of the complaints about the succ zone have actually already been addressed simply because theres a jimmy dore thread now and jimmy dore chat was the direct and indirect reason for nearly all of the pissy d and chat in the succ zone

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

no one ever gave me the piss poll thread tag I asked for

cspam will tragically die without ever having had a piss poll thread

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

Yinlock posted:

*pats seat next to me* welcome friend, join us in the Owned Zone

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a3_PPdjD6mg

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

"surely it won't work next time, it's fine"

wheres my piss poll thread tag

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

thank you for the piss polls thread tag mods and admins however i am still angry about the succ zone being closed

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

id just like to note im making an effort with the biden thread but at the end of the day not that much of the content i like is adjacent to biden and the democrats a lot of it is also utter nonsense that media people come up to try and sound objective while obviously being in the tank for democrats and impeachment is producing a whole lotta content like that

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

The hamster powering the servers is dead and needs to be replaced

is jeffrey going to use all that revenue he says something awful makes to buy two hamsters instead of one this time

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

huh i only just now realized that the ad that looks like islamophobic bullshit is apparently actually about former admin cyrano expressing support for islamophobic bullshit

very bad ad imo the presentation really discourages you from clicking on it

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

Raskolnikov38 posted:

please give the false Jeffery the melted admin star icon

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

very baffled that i had not heard this cyrano story before despite posting in the succ zone which is as we all know the place where everyone just yells about how much they hate the moderators 24/7

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

oh wait cyranos still around? man qcs success stories is a very misleading place to put that thread

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

it might not be that stupid a plan except they never actually won a landslide and the same courts theyre fellating as the saviors of the republic are stacked with trump appointees

the chief justice of the supreme court has already said he thinks the trial is unconstitutional so in the unlikely event impeachment even does anything theyre just going to strike it down anyway

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

oh wait this isnt the succ zone

:sigh:

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

your sci fi wi fi experience will do you well when it comes to the harry potter derails

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

so im just curious about something did a mod give me this avatar because they were sick of looking at that josh hawley picture everytime i posted

at first i thought it was a gift but then i started to wonder why someone who liked me would leave the red text in its also an entirely neutral picture that only real calls attention to my handle being some guy tt and not some guy itt as is commonly assumed

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

how did you know about this trash ops

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

some plague rats posted:

It's a pretty open secret at this point but no one wanted to get banned for doxxing

yikes well thats what pms are for i guess

nuts that we could hardly go by a few days without someone trying to own taintrunner regarding his being married but somehow this never came up