Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

still trying to process the mods having an excuse to perma taintrunner but just deciding to close the succ zone instead

i dont think theyre doing a very good job communicating at their strategy meetings

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

im questioning their priorities dumbass its kind of nuts theyve been sitting on this a month while the main ongoing forum drama has been about the succ zone

or did you also think it was a bad look to talk about mods being idiots when wed found out theyd been aware that ppj had spent an obscene amount of time hanging out with nazis

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

yeah thats what we thought with the ppj stuff too then it turned out that the mods with alleged good opinions guilelessly took ppjs story at face value

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

im sorry fluffdaddy you dont protect bad posters you just ignore rape accusations on days when being an admin is hard i apologize for besmirching your moral character in such a manner

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

could someone please post the redacted version of the allegation not all of us were in the thread for the forty minutes the unredacted version was viewable

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

oh my god its actually in there i think were going to get crushed to death by irony

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

friendship ended with taintrunner

now fyad is my best friend

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

OctoberCountry posted:

Chainprobe anyone who ever posted "free taintrunner"

oof ive said nice things about taintrunner but i sure am glad i didnt ever think that joke was very funny

Office Pig posted:

all them jokes bout running taints lookin real sour rn

i did manage to do this one at the last minute though drat you jeffery

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

PsychedelicWarlord posted:

I remember that user from left Twitter and am genuinely surprised I didn't connect the dots on certain details/posting style. Creepy

thats what they said about tiny brontosaurus another poster who despised the mods and yelled at them at every opportunity but couldnt quite get banned since the worst stuff she was accused of technically qualified as offsite drama

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

which one the only bread and roses goon whose handle i can even remember was benghazi

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

a Loving Dog posted:

it actually seems very hard for the mods and admins of this website to ban the most psychotic posters lmao

this is the main compelling argument for mods knew despite it making no sense in the context of taintrunner being their shared forum enemy

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

i only just now looked at the taintrunner post that got him a weeklong and is preventing him from defending himself

it was bad folks gratuitously racist even by covid thread standards

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

starting to wonder the exact context of taintrunner being homeless

like ive been homeless technically speaking in the same way that jk rowling was on the dole a life plan that involves you not having a domicile for an extended period of time isnt being homeless in the way the word is commonly understood

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

i still think the funniest part of this is fyad using their inexplicable immunity to forum rules to repeatedly spam the forbidden taintrunner info

i cant decide if complaints regarding fyad should be withdrawn in recognition of their service or maintained since this of all things being what finally does them in would be very funny

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

i am very hurt that people think i hate fyad

my post was intended to call attention both to the good in what they did and also the irony of it happening in the context of a thread that had previously criticized them for engaging in that exact same behavior

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

fyad is only relevant to the conversation because they spammed the post explaining what the taintrunner allegation was after the mods deleted the original one here

given that fyads open disregard for this forums dumb and overly broad doxxing rules are the main reason this blew up i dont think anyones coming away from this liking fyad less

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

Office Pig posted:

yes yes but who is this "jefferoo" fellow i've been hearing so much about

i keep mentally picturing jeffery except with a hideous moustache and a falsetto voice that always give him away

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

dex_sda posted:

i remember, that was pretty funny

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

so it was kind of lost in the shuffle but im wondering at the detail athanatos gave about jeffrey loving permas why does jeffrey love permas does he relish any opportunity to decide who lives or who dies or is he just a big nerd for forum lore and is totally psyched that the mods have to tell him every time a situation stupid enough to warrant a permaban happens

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

hapsby posted:

also I don't think j of yospos "relishes" permas. i think whoever said that needs to examine their own posting, and their friends' posting,

Athanatos posted:

I'm back, I went to sleep between my last post and I wanted to get back all the information and read all the things people sent me. This was not a tough decision, nor was there anyone fighting to not-perma. Jeffrey likes to sign off on permas, so the timeline is never instant. I poked Jeffrey, it's done.

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

Hot Karl Marx posted:

that means he likes to have the final word on permas

i think my interpretation is funnier

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

athanatos gave me my account back when i accidentally autobanned so hes not all bad

unless youre my forum enemy in which case hes now the worst admin ever

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

i thought we were assuming fly molo was a taintrunner alt which doesnt exactly make that sound so monstrous

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

I'm sure there are people in this subforum who genuinely feel betrayed by taintrunner and I would like to see more posts from them in this thread.

im less sure about watching the expanse now because taintrunner was pushing it really hard

although that opinion was already on thin ice when he endorsed space sweepers which is very bad dont watch space sweepers