Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
https://twitter.com/christomasson/status/1358234298105667586

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

https://twitter.com/ProFootballHOF/status/1358239306654040073?s=20

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN

Revis still got robbed in 2009

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
It's wild that Woodson is still the last defensive player to win the Heisman (Suh was robbed)

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/Raiders/status/1358240350301687808

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
gently caress YEAH MEGATRON

gohuskies
Oct 23, 2010

I spend a lot of time making posts to justify why I'm not a self centered shithead that just wants to act like COVID isn't a thing.
So it's Peyton Manning, Charles Woodson, Calvin Johnson, Alan Faneca, John Lynch? I think you could argue about somebody else over Lynch but 4 out of those 5 weren't much of a surprise.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

gohuskies posted:

So it's Peyton Manning, Charles Woodson, Calvin Johnson, Alan Faneca, John Lynch? I think you could argue about somebody else over Lynch but 4 out of those 5 weren't much of a surprise.

I would take Reggie Wayne, Zach Thomas, Richard Seymour or Clay Matthews over John Lynch.

Prof. Crocodile
Jun 27, 2020

4 out of 5 isn't bad. Lynch is getting in on his GM pop and continued presence I guess?

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret
I like it, and I’m glad they didn’t gently caress up and leave Megatron out. Lynch is the only one of the five that I’d argue other guys over this year, but he’s hardly a bad choice by any means.

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN
Torry Holt ruled and should be a HOFer soon

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

I can't believe they put in Megatron, this owns so much

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
I assume Drew Pearson was a senior committee vote because otherwise that's a weird choice

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Benne posted:

I assume Drew Pearson was a senior committee vote because otherwise that's a weird choice

Yeah, I think that was mentioned a while back.

gloom
Feb 1, 2003
distracted from distraction by distraction
gently caress yeah, Charles Woodson and Calvin Johnson :toot: all the picks are fine to good this year but I'm especially happy about those two.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Benne posted:

He was. Tom Flores is the coach selection and Steelers scout Bill Nunn was the contributor selection. Nunn was a scout for all 6 super bowl teams.

gohuskies
Oct 23, 2010

I spend a lot of time making posts to justify why I'm not a self centered shithead that just wants to act like COVID isn't a thing.

Benne posted:

Yeah so was Flores. At this point Clay Matthews is probably eventually likely to be as well.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
No Coryell? Don't care.

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

john lynch in the hof is just...the bar for safeties is on the loving floor lol

surf rock
Aug 12, 2007

We need more women in STEM, and by that, I mean skateboarding, television, esports, and magic.

Ghost Dog posted:

john lynch in the hof is just...the bar for safeties is on the loving floor lol

https://twitter.com/TomSilverstein/status/1358259251983089666

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012
Simeon Rice was 100% more important to the Bucs defense than Lynch.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret
Every player on those Bucs teams owes a never ending debt to Bill Callahan for being an idiot.

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

neat, i didnt actually read it tho cause it appears to just be some stupid poo poo about tackles, a stat that wasnt even official till like 1995 and is almost entirely made up by the teams stat guys

i think john lynch impacted a given game like, infinitely less tahn derrick mason did. id pick derrick mason on my team first and it wouldnt even be close

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Weird class. Thomas will never make it even though his 5 all pros speak for themselves (not sure how he made 5 but he did so hey whatever)

Johnson deserved it. Faneca is whatever. Lynch getting in is puzzling

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

fartknocker posted:

Every player on those Bucs teams owes a never ending debt to Bill Callahan for being an idiot.

I mean the Bucs were pretty good in their own right

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Ghost Dog posted:

neat, i didnt actually read it tho cause it appears to just be some stupid poo poo about tackles, a stat that wasnt even official till like 1995 and is almost entirely made up by the teams stat guys

Christ.

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

hrrrm it appears that guy was agreeing with me. nevermind the tweet was great

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Lynch was a fine choice you nerds

Also next year's class is stacked so I'm glad Megatron didn't have to wait

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1358260790827057154

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

if you were drafting a team out of hof players to just make the best roster possible i would pass on drafting john lynch and instead just ask if i could like, sign chuck clark or something as a udfa. maybe theyd let me have tim zibikowski instead

e: jim leonhard is objectively better than john lynch at football

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012

Amy Pole Her posted:

Weird class. Thomas will never make it even though his 5 all pros speak for themselves (not sure how he made 5 but he did so hey whatever)

Johnson deserved it. Faneca is whatever. Lynch getting in is puzzling
There were 2 All-Pro middle linebacker slots a year and they often just voted based on tackle numbers or perceived leadership skills.

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

yeah zach thomas should not even sniff the hall of fame, but as always if brian urlacher is in anyone can be in

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

for the very first time, the nfl hall of fame inductions were frigged up

Prof. Crocodile
Jun 27, 2020

I think everyone has already accepted that if lynch got in, it was going to be on the strength of what’s done after he retired. He was a broadcaster and he’s a successful gm who’s still a notable presence in the game.

No one puts his on-field work ahead of barber’s and butler’s.

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

outside of like 3 or 4 players ever, historically safety has just been one guy who wasnt good enough to be a corner and one guy who wasnt big enough to be a linebacker, they have been such filler positions for so long that some guy was basically just bare minimum talented like lynch can sneak in to getting on field honors and poo poo. i think butler fits this as well tbh. they should have just not ever put another safety in after ed reed and troy polamalu

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Ghost Dog posted:

outside of like 3 or 4 players ever, historically safety has just been one guy who wasnt good enough to be a corner and one guy who wasnt big enough to be a linebacker, they have been such filler positions for so long that some guy was basically just bare minimum talented like lynch can sneak in to getting on field honors and poo poo. i think butler fits this as well tbh. they should have just not ever put another safety in after ed reed and troy polamalu

eric weddle should get in

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

eric weddle can be just barely in frame when aj green gets inducted

King Hong Kong
Nov 6, 2009

For we'll fight with a vim
that is dead sure to win.

Benne posted:

Also next year's class is stacked so I'm glad Megatron didn't have to wait

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1358260790827057154

Mathis and Boldin aren’t getting in.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

King Hong Kong posted:

Mathis and Boldin aren’t getting in.

Not first ballot, they have no chance of that, but they’ll have a shot down the line in some years.

Prof. Crocodile
Jun 27, 2020

WR logjam is looking pretty bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gohuskies
Oct 23, 2010

fartknocker posted:

Not first ballot, they have no chance of that, but they’ll have a shot down the line in some years.

Edge rusher and WR are two super crowded position groups with who's up now and who's coming in the next few years. Through 2024, Mathis is competing with Jared Allen, DeMarcus Ware, Dwight Freeney, James Harrison, and Julius Peppers, and Boldin is up against Torry Holt, Reggie Wayne, Andre Johnson, Steve Smith, and Jordy Nelson. I don't see Mathis or Boldin being in the top 3 of either of those lists.