Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Sex Skeleton posted:

I miss portuguese sausage.

I could murder some linguica right now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

I could go for lingua franca myself.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

By popular demand posted:

I could go for lingua franca myself.

come here baby ill franca u with my lingua all u want :wink:

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

...yes? :confused:

Internetjack
Sep 15, 2007

oh god how did this get here i am not good with computers
Top Cop
One of my favorite breakfast experiences was a "lumberjack breakfast" restaurant; http://101things.com/humboldt/samoa-cookhouse/

You pay a few bucks, sit down, you don't order anything, and platters and bowls of food are just brought to your table. Eggs, sausage, bacon, pancakes, toast, waffles, bowls of fruit. Coffee, orange and apple juice and water.

Its been decades, it used to be long tables, and long benches. Now it seems they have fancy table clothes and chairs. There'd be a dozen college kids, a dozen tourists, and 2 dozen actual lumberjacks there. Everything was fresh off the grill, a platter of bacon would come out, everyone would grab some, and it'd be replaced a few minutes later. We'd intentionally eat a couple meals worth of food in one sitting. Just grubbing everything.

I'd be up to visit my brother, and Saturday morning was: wake-and-bake early, get to Somoa when it opens, eat about 1500 calories, go hiking in the redwood forests for the next 6 hours. Great existential experience, highly recommend it if the opportunity presents itself.

Lamech
Nov 20, 2001

Soiled Meat
doh wrong one!

Lamech fucked around with this message at 18:10 on Jan 6, 2021

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
Weird breakfast

Benny Harvey
Nov 24, 2012

loving Hungarian sausage is great for breakfast. Think Spanish chorizo but fresh and less salty.

Any time I've been to Ireland the breakfasts have been pretty great. Best black pudding I've ever had. Then there's white pudding (vaguely similar to American breakfast sausage but with oats), potato bread and soda bread.

i own every Bionicle
Oct 23, 2005

cstm ttle? kthxbye
Here’s how to make some bomb rear end oatmeal that will keep you full and fueled if you are doing something that requires energy:

Get 1 cup rolled oats (NOT INSTANT/QUICK/1 MINUTE OATS THOSE SUCK). Put them in a dry pot/pan on medium heat and swish around for maybe ten minutes until they brown a little and get kind of toasty. Be careful because they are easy to burn. Pour in a cup and a half of water and a quarter cup of light cream. Add a teaspoon of cardamom, a little salt, some cinnamon, a little sugar and honey to taste. Cook until thickened. Top with toasted almonds if you want to bother. The oats get really nutty and flavorful and a little more chewy. Makes two servings.

Normally I skip breakfast in an effort to do a 16 hour fast so I’m not as much of a lardass but this is great with an egg on the side before you go do something exercisey

Or I wait until 11:30 and smash some bacon and eggs and a veggie

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope

i own every Bionicle posted:

Here’s how to make some bomb rear end oatmeal that will keep you full and fueled if you are doing something that requires energy:

Get 1 cup rolled oats (NOT INSTANT/QUICK/1 MINUTE OATS THOSE SUCK). Put them in a dry pot/pan on medium heat and swish around for maybe ten minutes until they brown a little and get kind of toasty. Be careful because they are easy to burn. Pour in a cup and a half of water and a quarter cup of light cream. Add a teaspoon of cardamom, a little salt, some cinnamon, a little sugar and honey to taste. Cook until thickened. Top with toasted almonds if you want to bother. The oats get really nutty and flavorful and a little more chewy. Makes two servings.

Hmm...this is alright, but my oatmeal recipe is as follows, keeping in mind that I've never made oatmeal for more than one person at a time:
1/2 cup of oats
1 cup milk (goat or cow)
1 tbsp salted butter (weed or regular) It will taste ENTIRELY like weed if you put weed butter in it, just a heads-up.
cinnamon & maple syrup to taste

Put the oats in. Put the milk in. Bring it to a boil & simmer until it thickens, stirring along the way. Turn off the burner. Throw in the butter, cinnamon, and maple syrup, and stir it around. Enjoy!

quote:

Normally I skip breakfast in an effort to do a 16 hour fast so I’m not as much of a lardass but this is great with an egg on the side before you go do something exercisey

Or I wait until 11:30 and smash some bacon and eggs and a veggie

Bacon & eggs with oatmeal? That's different.

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

Made a very good breakfast sandwich this weekend on my homemade sourdough with bacon, Gouda, spinach, over easy eggs and Heartbeat hot sauce.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope
I feel like I'm posting too much, but I have to ask -- what's the deal with people putting ketchup on their eggs?

YeahTubaMike fucked around with this message at 19:28 on Jan 6, 2021

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

YeahTubaMike posted:

I feel like I'm posting too much, but I have to ask -- what's the deal with people putting ketchup on their eggs?

I feel like it’s adding an acidic element to cut through a greasy breakfast, like how a Full English has a grilled tomato. I prefer hot sauce for that though.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
I love hearing about all these delicious breakfasts!

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

Down with ketchup! everything is better, from HP sauce to sriracha to chutney.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
If you buy organic ketchup it actually has flavor other than sugar it's different thicker more tomatoey better on eggs. Even Heinz has an organic one it's not crazy expensive.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

You can also make your own and I'm hearing good stuff about Indian style ketchup, but all that store bought red sugar sludge has no right to exist!

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

I just buttchug two cups of Egg Beaters each morning while I'm in the shower. I've got a nice funnel/hose setup that I bought off of Wish.com along with a large, stainless butt plug that I drilled and tapped for the hose. I just lay on my back, turn the petcock on and let it flow while I wash my hair. I don't have time for a formal breakfast and the multi-tasking in the shower saves me about 15 minutes/day plus it gets me closer to my 2021 stretch goals.

i own every Bionicle
Oct 23, 2005

cstm ttle? kthxbye

YeahTubaMike posted:

Hmm...this is alright, but my oatmeal recipe is as follows, keeping in mind that I've never made oatmeal for more than one person at a time:
1/2 cup of oats
1 cup milk (goat or cow)
1 tbsp salted butter (weed or regular) It will taste ENTIRELY like weed if you put weed butter in it, just a heads-up.
cinnamon & maple syrup to taste

Put the oats in. Put the milk in. Bring it to a boil & simmer until it thickens, stirring along the way. Turn off the burner. Throw in the butter, cinnamon, and maple syrup, and stir it around. Enjoy!

Bacon & eggs with oatmeal? That's different.

Sounds good, never tried it with goat milk. Try toasting the oats in a dry pan before you make it sometime, I think it’s a big improvement but a little more work. The cardamom makes it taste like an Indian rice pudding if you like that kind of thing.

Oh yeah I meant to say bacon and eggs and a veggie was the go-to breakfast/brunch for low carb days. Maybe all three for especially severe hunger or hangover.

Thread making me want breakfast now.

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

Sir Not Appearing posted:

it gets me closer to my 2021 stretch goals.

Godspeed.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Chilaquiles.

von Braun
Oct 30, 2009

Broder Daniel Forever
worst meal of the day. coffee is fine

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Das Boo posted:

I'm sincerely sorry that Euros can't comprehend the glory that is buttermilk biscuits and sausage gravy.

This woman speaks the truth.

Also French Toast is better than pancakes.

A CRAB IRL
May 6, 2009

If you're looking for me, you better check under the sea

Fartington Butts posted:

Hash browns good.

Hash browns are really good.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

I can never remember the difference between chilaquiles and migas but I am happy that both exist

feller
Jul 5, 2006

bacon, lettuce, tomato, and over-easy egg on a nice crusty roll

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

Cut this into half pieces, fry in a pan till crispy.

Benny Harvey
Nov 24, 2012

Sucuk - it's kind of like Turkish salami but finer, a little less fatty and a little bit spicy. It also uses beef rather than pork. Delicious with fried eggs.

Sex Skeleton
Aug 16, 2018

For when lonely nights turn bonely

Sir Not Appearing posted:

I just buttchug two cups of Egg Beaters each morning while I'm in the shower. I've got a nice funnel/hose setup that I bought off of Wish.com along with a large, stainless butt plug that I drilled and tapped for the hose. I just lay on my back, turn the petcock on and let it flow while I wash my hair. I don't have time for a formal breakfast and the multi-tasking in the shower saves me about 15 minutes/day plus it gets me closer to my 2021 stretch goals.

I'm glad someone else is making use of the invention that was cruelly stolen from me by the Chinese despite my patents.

Sex Skeleton
Aug 16, 2018

For when lonely nights turn bonely
Sometimes I mix whey protein into my oats because I'm trying to recreate the breakfast scene from the Matrix.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

Sex Skeleton posted:

Sometimes I mix whey protein into my oats because I'm trying to recreate the breakfast scene from the Matrix.

What about the scene in the mess hall from Starship Troopers with Other Busey?

Badactura
Feb 14, 2019

My wish lives in the future.
Fuckin love hash browns

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Badactura posted:

Fuckin love hash browns

What kind? This is important.

Green Nail Polish
Nov 15, 2020
black coffee and a cigarette is a god-tier breakfast

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

Zil posted:

What kind? This is important.

all kinds

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Even the odd McDonald ones?

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Zil posted:

Even the odd McDonald ones?
those are the best hash browns sir

Linux Pirate
Apr 21, 2012

McD's hashbrowns are good, as are all hashbrowns. Turns out it's hard to gently caress up potatoes

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

I like mine ALL THE WAY!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AHH F/UGH
May 25, 2002

Pancakes are much better than waffles. Pancakes are basically big floppy cookies you can say is a breakfast food.

Waffles are dense, dry, harder to eat in general and do their best to jam up your esophagus. They also just flat-out don't taste nearly as good as a pancake.

Waffles are only said to be better by pathetic elitist wannabe food snobs who waft their own toilet bowl stench after dropping a snakelike turd

Waffles are what mods eat. And we all know mods.