Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Derpies
Mar 11, 2014

by sebmojo

Das Boo posted:

I'm sincerely sorry that Euros can't comprehend the glory that is buttermilk biscuits and sausage gravy.

top breakfast posted here

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Derpies
Mar 11, 2014

by sebmojo
My usual Keto breakfast is an egg or two and a few pieces of bacon or sausage over a plate of Arugula. Is pretty Nice.

Derpies
Mar 11, 2014

by sebmojo

Big Beef City posted:

No.

Eggs should never have brown or crispy anything associated with them you loving barbarian rednecks

I will also go immediately to 11 like Lewis Black with you on this hill. Brown burnt egg lovers all loving kick puppies and need to be sent to breakfast reeducation camps.

Derpies
Mar 11, 2014

by sebmojo
Sausage links are incredibly over rated

Derpies
Mar 11, 2014

by sebmojo
Just wanna reiterate how dissappointed I always am with sausage breakfast links.

Derpies
Mar 11, 2014

by sebmojo

Big Beef City posted:

Buy decent ones instead of like... Jimmy dean poo poo

Jimmy Dean is a breakfast institution SIR

Derpies
Mar 11, 2014

by sebmojo

YeahTubaMike posted:

I had a dozen jumbo eggs and five extra-large eggs, so I've been eating 2 jumbos & an XL every day to get rid of the extra-larges and now I'm addicted to three-egg breakfasts. Lord help me.

Anyway, I ate grits, three eggs, and Banquet links, with Irish breakfast tea w/ goat milk & sugar. I'm a woman with simple tastes. :)

It actually will, thank you.

A three egg madman! I always keep it at two.

Derpies
Mar 11, 2014

by sebmojo
Steak and eggs is good but man I feel decadent after.

Derpies
Mar 11, 2014

by sebmojo
On egg chat I have 10 chickens and their eggs are so much better. Whatever NZ does in the egg field is good too all the eggs i had in NZ where like my own chickens eggs and so good and the yolks were the best and even the butter tasted better.

Derpies
Mar 11, 2014

by sebmojo

Wendigee posted:

I used to have a co-worker that kept her own chickens for fun and sold the eggs at the office.

So good.

Nice diet including meal worms. You can definitely taste a difference in a chicken egg that had a nutritious omnivorous diet.

Hell I just dump all my leftovers to my chickens and it seems to work as well. Theyre natures little fertilizer producing recycling machines

Derpies
Mar 11, 2014

by sebmojo

Chinatown posted:

well you dont, because you make poo poo eggs.

+1 brown eggs are disgusting

Derpies
Mar 11, 2014

by sebmojo

Take the plunge! Okay! posted:

You’re supposed to take a big chunk of butter and melt it on low. Then you crack your eggs in the pan and keep gently stirring on the lowest setting until you get a thick, rich, creamy ambrosia, which can then be seasoned with a bit of salt and pepper. Every other approach to scrambled eggs is inferior. There are other pleasures to be had from omelettes and other techniques, but this is it for scrambling.

Fake edit: They’re not raw or runny if you do it with enough butter. Also, gently caress the creme fraiche people.

I pretty much always do this and add some cheese or heavy cream near the end. I've done the creme fraiche and don't find it to be a game changer but it's alright I guess.

Derpies
Mar 11, 2014

by sebmojo

YeahTubaMike posted:

I've been living the three-egg lifestyle, but the last time I made breakfast, one of the eggs had two yolks so the eggs came out even more yolky-tasting that they ordinarily would have. It was weird.

I've had two days in a row of double yolks from huge eggs that were marked large not jumbo

Derpies
Mar 11, 2014

by sebmojo
My eggs were too brown this morning so I committed seppeku

Derpies
Mar 11, 2014

by sebmojo
Eggs are good and we are doing the chickens a favor

Derpies
Mar 11, 2014

by sebmojo
Keto breakfast gets pretty boring just eggs eggs eggs and greens but it's a lot of effort to make breakfast food compliant.

Derpies
Mar 11, 2014

by sebmojo

i own every Bionicle posted:

Breakfast is awesome on keto. Bacon and eggs, cheese omelettes (hell any omelette actually), cauliflower hashbrowns (doesn’t taste like hashbrowns but it’s good anyway), sausage, grilled ham and eggs, eggs Florentine,

Wait nevermind it’s all eggs you’re right

I like making this with cauliflower instead of potatoes:

https://youtu.be/RPYk9W9v-bI

I will try your cauliflower voodoo. Haven't gotten much into cauliflower hash browns, I usually reserve those for making a mashed/grits like slurry for dinner.

I got a keto casserole bake in right now of eggs, bacon, jalepeno, red onion, sausage, and cheese. 35 more minutes!

Derpies
Mar 11, 2014

by sebmojo

Chinatown posted:

Cauliflower rice was a gamechanger for me. Haven't tried hash browns yet but I might hit that this weekend.

I find it a little "moist" sometimes in an unappealing way when cooked from frozen. You got any tips? I usually embrace it and just cook it in something saucy like Indian food but when making a keto fried rice the texture gets a little bad sometimes.

Derpies
Mar 11, 2014

by sebmojo

i own every Bionicle posted:

Well, how was it? Don’t leave us hangin

It was and remains good gonna have some in a bit

Derpies
Mar 11, 2014

by sebmojo
I like the keto diet and feel better on it so gently caress the haters gonna go drink me a tall glass of bacon juice and chase it with a shot of BEEF

Derpies
Mar 11, 2014

by sebmojo

Hell Yeah posted:

cereal is so good that when i get old i'm going to take my own life by continuously eating cereal until my heart explodes and i poo poo myself. that's how good cinnamon toast crunch is.

This is how I feel about my keto weight loss too

Derpies
Mar 11, 2014

by sebmojo
Lol if ur not eating your french toast with a nice gravy

Derpies
Mar 11, 2014

by sebmojo

Aardvark! posted:

also i got super nauseous for some reason right before the biscuits and gravy so i put them in the fridge. Pray for me

Try embracing "nips out Sunday" and I bet you will be ok

Derpies
Mar 11, 2014

by sebmojo
French toast is always pretty sweet but in America we are required to fill it up with corn sugar products

Derpies
Mar 11, 2014

by sebmojo

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

You mean sweet as in good or sweet as in sweet? Because again french toast doesn't have any sweetness unless you put sweet stuff on it.

Seeing as I'm in the USA our sugar milk and probably our eggs have sugar injected into them so they're sweet as in sweet as hell.

Derpies
Mar 11, 2014

by sebmojo
I personally think the english breakfast is over rated as hell

Derpies
Mar 11, 2014

by sebmojo

yikes! posted:

What if I told you that English breakfast tasted like rear end

It does, just not the good kind

Derpies
Mar 11, 2014

by sebmojo

Guildenstern Mother posted:

Explain yourself Derpies

It's too much bullshit and usually cooked by British people

Derpies
Mar 11, 2014

by sebmojo

Chinatown posted:

English breakfast is ruined for me because the last time I had it was at Heathrow Airport. Flying to Los Angeles. Was out drinking in Soho the night prior because it was my last night.

Puked it all up right after getting to cruising altitude. Then I slept for 10 hours.

They took your puke and served it the next morning as an English Breakfast

Derpies
Mar 11, 2014

by sebmojo

Outrail posted:

Did you enjoy your meal sir?

He's feeling a bit shy to speak up but he did ask for his rear end over medium and it's clearly well done

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Derpies
Mar 11, 2014

by sebmojo
Pancakes so suck, waffles are passable