Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

A big heaping pile of scrambled eggs is the easiest food a human can cook.

My great-grandmother taught me how to make scrambled eggs when I was like eight, so yeah.

quote:

French toast is better than waffles.

SilvergunSuperman posted:

French toast > waffles >>> pancakes

My breakfast carb rankings:
1. Hash browns
2. French toast
3. Grits
4. Those thin floppy waffles with pieces that you can fold into little individual sandwiches, with blueberry jam & sour cream
5. Regular toast (with butter, of course)
6. Cheese grits
[a bunch of other poo poo]
pancakes & thick waffles at the bottom

YeahTubaMike fucked around with this message at 15:14 on Jan 6, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope
I went through a vegan phase, and eggs are what I missed most. When I discovered seafood, veganism went entirely out the window, but eggs are what I yearned for before then.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope

By popular demand posted:

Try a traditional chocolate mousse, fluffed with egg yolks and no creme. It will blow your mind with flavour.
(Extra high cacao solids chocolate and a bit of orange liqueur)

Not sure how I'd feel about the orange liqueur because I'm not a fan of any chocolate-fruit combination I've ever tried, but you never know.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope

By popular demand posted:

Works equally well with a good coffee liquor or even just chocolate, eggs, sugar and a tiny pinch of salt.

Oh man, I just had a mocha yesterday. Chocolate-coffee is one of my favorite combos.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope

HugeGrossBurrito posted:

fried chicken and waffles is the greatest breakfast

I want to try it, but I haven't found a place that'll make it with boneless chicken.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope

...yes? :confused:

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope

i own every Bionicle posted:

Here’s how to make some bomb rear end oatmeal that will keep you full and fueled if you are doing something that requires energy:

Get 1 cup rolled oats (NOT INSTANT/QUICK/1 MINUTE OATS THOSE SUCK). Put them in a dry pot/pan on medium heat and swish around for maybe ten minutes until they brown a little and get kind of toasty. Be careful because they are easy to burn. Pour in a cup and a half of water and a quarter cup of light cream. Add a teaspoon of cardamom, a little salt, some cinnamon, a little sugar and honey to taste. Cook until thickened. Top with toasted almonds if you want to bother. The oats get really nutty and flavorful and a little more chewy. Makes two servings.

Hmm...this is alright, but my oatmeal recipe is as follows, keeping in mind that I've never made oatmeal for more than one person at a time:
1/2 cup of oats
1 cup milk (goat or cow)
1 tbsp salted butter (weed or regular) It will taste ENTIRELY like weed if you put weed butter in it, just a heads-up.
cinnamon & maple syrup to taste

Put the oats in. Put the milk in. Bring it to a boil & simmer until it thickens, stirring along the way. Turn off the burner. Throw in the butter, cinnamon, and maple syrup, and stir it around. Enjoy!

quote:

Normally I skip breakfast in an effort to do a 16 hour fast so I’m not as much of a lardass but this is great with an egg on the side before you go do something exercisey

Or I wait until 11:30 and smash some bacon and eggs and a veggie

Bacon & eggs with oatmeal? That's different.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope
I feel like I'm posting too much, but I have to ask -- what's the deal with people putting ketchup on their eggs?

YeahTubaMike fucked around with this message at 19:28 on Jan 6, 2021

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope

Ziv Zulander posted:

I had some fried eggs and cheesy grits earlier. Was pretty good

Fried FISH and cheese grits are more my style, but yours sounds delicious too.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope

Zil posted:

Even the odd McDonald ones?

Vegetable posted:

those are the best hash browns sir

:hmmyes:

AHH F/UGH posted:

Pancakes are much better than waffles. Pancakes are basically big floppy cookies you can say is a breakfast food.

Waffles are dense, dry, harder to eat in general and do their best to jam up your esophagus. They also just flat-out don't taste nearly as good as a pancake.

Waffles are only said to be better by pathetic elitist wannabe food snobs who waft their own toilet bowl stench after dropping a snakelike turd

Waffles are what mods eat. And we all know mods.

You need this kind of waffle in your life, the only good waffle. They're thin, light, soft, and a little crispy on the outside. Apparently they're Norwegian-style waffles, but I live in the US and had absolutely no trouble finding an iron that makes waffles like this.

TheAardvark posted:

Btw I posted it in the americana thread but here's breakfast dot jpg

:stonk: What the gently caress is this?

Benny Harvey posted:

Canned potatoes

Um, excuse me, what?

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope

yikes! posted:

:stonk: is my reaction to your reaction to seeing some excellent biscuits and gravy

I might be too northern for this poo poo.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope

Das Boo posted:

My sincere sympathies.

At least I'm not too northern for shrimp & grits. :shrug:

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope

Eggs benedict with crab meat is a breakfast dish fit for Olympian gods

Seafoody breakfasts own.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope

Sex Skeleton posted:

I was once gifted a pound of kimchi shrimp in Maui, and I proceeded to eat shrimp for breakfast for the entire rest of my stay there.

Oh god that sounds amazing :allears:

Also, I've had sweet black pepper bacon wraps/sandwiches every day this week because I was too lazy to buy milk & make my own breakfasts. Tomorrow is grocery shopping day, so I'm going to pick up nice fancy breakfast ingredients.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope

20 Blunts posted:

i always buy a bunch of ingredients to make an amazing english breakfast but then i just get drunk and sleep in until 3pm

Yeah, I pretty much make the same breakfast -- grits, two eggs, sausage/bacon, Irish breakfast tea w/ milk & sugar -- but I really want to try other kinds of breakfasts, partly because I want to shake things up but also because I want to practice omelette-making for the sake of adding more vegetables to my life. There was a place near my old job that had omelettes with spinach, mushroom, and Swiss cheese, and I need that omelette back in my life.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope

Who What Now posted:

I'm in Michigan and those biscuits and gravy look good as gently caress

It looks like a bird pooped into a bread bowl.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope

Les Os posted:

country gravy

What's in it?

Who What Now posted:

Turn on your monitor

:master:

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope

Chief McHeath posted:

Grits? Grits are BULLSHIT. gently caress grits.

YOU'RE bullshit, gently caress you :colbert:

FogHelmut posted:

Eating healthy

Oh god that looks so good :aaaaa:

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope

Pennywise the Frown posted:

From the same place a corned beef and swiss stuffed omelette. I also had a corned beef benny here. We have a reasonable Irish Catholic population here.

I don't know why I have this weird viscerally negative reaction to the term "corned". That omelette looks delicious though.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope
I had a dozen jumbo eggs and five extra-large eggs, so I've been eating 2 jumbos & an XL every day to get rid of the extra-larges and now I'm addicted to three-egg breakfasts. Lord help me.

Anyway, I ate grits, three eggs, and Banquet links, with Irish breakfast tea w/ goat milk & sugar. I'm a woman with simple tastes. :)

It just means salted. You can mentally edit in the word "salted" if it'll make you feel better.

It actually will, thank you.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope

Derpies posted:

A three egg madman! I always keep it at two.

I do too! If I didn't have a weird uneven amount of extra-larges laying around from when I tried to make bourbon cake, I wouldn't have even thought of a three-egg breakfast. Alas.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope
I might start buying large eggs to supplement the jumbos. An extra-large egg with two jumbo eggs seems like an irresponsibly large amount of egg.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

Eggs are bite sized when you think about it, and you shouldn't feel shame about eating 3+ eggs

You do raise a good point. :thunkher:

Stunt_enby posted:

the trick is to skip any sort of breakfast meat so you can fit in more delicious egg

But the flavor of the meat complements the flavor of the egg!

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope
I've been living the three-egg lifestyle, but the last time I made breakfast, one of the eggs had two yolks so the eggs came out even more yolky-tasting that they ordinarily would have. It was weird.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope

Achtane posted:

Do you guys make breakfast every day, even before work?

In the Before Time, I worked in a building that had a cafeteria, and the sausages there were SO UNBELIEVABLY GOOD :smithicide: I mean, you wouldn't expect anything from a salad bar necessarily, but the sausages were loving amazing, and I miss them more than I miss my extra monitor.

As far as breakfast in general went, though, it was a pretty even split between making breakfast at home, grabbing DD on the way to work, grabbing cafeteria breakfast, or simply not eating breakfast at all.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope
Generally speaking, when I eat French toast, I eat it with eggs & bacon/sausage, but that doesn't mean that the French toast itself is also savory. I've never had savory French toast in my life.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope
What's wrong with ugly food? If it gets the job done, I don't care.