Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

I kinda want one of those fancy flippy gravity bongs, what do they run?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

The hotter, the wetter, the better

Inspector Hound posted:

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Inspector Hound posted:

buddy if ya gotta ask...

havent been smoking much last week or so. drinkin a 10mg powdered drink mix. strawberry flavor. little puff puff from my new Vessel vape battery that I give a thunbs up so far.

:beerpal:

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
you can make a gravity bong out of a 2-liter soda bottle

damn horror queefs
Oct 14, 2005

say hello
say hello to the man in the elevator
You can also make one out of a 4 gallon water dispenser if you have sufficiently low respect for your lungs and brain cells,

as I once did

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Alright I do not have $600 in bong money, and I'm not sure I've ever made a soda bottle gravity bong, mission accepted

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

smarxist posted:

you can make a gravity bong out of a 2-liter soda bottle

Or a 5 gallon Poland springs bottle and a home depot mixing bucket

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

Holy poo poo

TehSaurus
Jun 12, 2006

I gotta tell you I don't live in some cool place where weed is legal, but this delta 8 thc thing has been life changing for me. Way less drinking, way less being hungover. Potency seems to be all over the place brand wise, but I think this may come down to some having cbd as well as thc, which could blunt the effects.

Anyway what I'm saying is that being able to order candy through the post that sends me into space is pretty incredible. If you live in a bad state (like me) it is definitely worth exploring.

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

TehSaurus posted:

I gotta tell you I don't live in some cool place where weed is legal, but this delta 8 thc thing has been life changing for me. Way less drinking, way less being hungover. Potency seems to be all over the place brand wise, but I think this may come down to some having cbd as well as thc, which could blunt the effects.

Anyway what I'm saying is that being able to order candy through the post that sends me into space is pretty incredible. If you live in a bad state (like me) it is definitely worth exploring.

it sounds like a terrible idea to me given the chance of synthetic cannabinoids that will gently caress you up but yolo

TehSaurus
Jun 12, 2006

mawarannahr posted:

it sounds like a terrible idea to me given the chance of synthetic cannabinoids that will gently caress you up but yolo

I guess that's always possible. I think it is about as regulated as CBD? My latest package does appear to have been drop shipped directly from the wholesaler. I don't know if that is good or bad!

Loucks
May 21, 2007

It's incwedibwe easy to suck my own dick.

mawarannahr posted:

Delta 8 isn’t a synthetic cannabinoid.

I’ve tried cannaclear’s distillate here in my drug war state, and while it’s not as nice as flower it’s still very relaxing and dirt cheap.

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

Loucks posted:

Delta 8 isn’t a synthetic cannabinoid.

I’ve tried cannaclear’s distillate here in my drug war state, and while it’s not as nice as flower it’s still very relaxing and dirt cheap.

who makes it and what motive/regulation do they have not to pump it up full of poo poo? this will end like spice

Loucks
May 21, 2007

mawarannahr posted:

who makes it and what motive/regulation do they have not to pump it up full of poo poo? this will end like spice

A lot of places do. Cannaclear supplies test results with theirs. You’re not wrong that some places are probably supplying impure product, but your conviction that delta 8 is somehow inherently chock full of heavy metals or pesticides or unknown RCs or whatever should have more evidentiary basis than “it could happen!” if you want anyone to take you seriously.

Do you think black market bud is necessarily free of pesticides and heavy metals? Sure, ideally everyone grows their own to be sure they’re not getting hosed by some greedy sociopath somewhere in the supply chain, but that’s not really feasible for most people and similar risks exist across a broad swath of products despite regulation.

Being cautious makes sense. Doing some research makes sense. Knowing that the stuff you use carries a risk makes sense. But insisting that it will all end in tears, mark my words! isn’t justified at all and makes you look like a loon.

TehSaurus
Jun 12, 2006

I mean, it is something helpful for me at least because I didn't think real hard about exactly how little it was regulated. Obviously everyone in this particular thread is pretty skeptical of capitalism and profit motive as well, so it makes sense from that perspective. The place I've been ordering from is obviously having scaling issues due to demand so I can appreciate that maybe I want to look into this a bit more carefully, since I live in a lovely drug war state.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

mawarannahr posted:

the spice must flow

Loucks
May 21, 2007

It’s important to understand that it’s not a well-regulated product, but “this will end like spice” after calling it a synthetic cannabinoid is just low information bullshit and not helpful at all.

I like the place I’ve ordered from because they do supply test results, both for purity and for heavy metals. I’ve heard elsewhere that this isn’t common. Definitely wouldn’t just go start sucking down some D8 cart I found at a gas station for example.

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

Loucks posted:

It’s important to understand that it’s not a well-regulated product, but “this will end like spice” after calling it a synthetic cannabinoid is just low information bullshit and not helpful at all.

I like the place I’ve ordered from because they do supply test results, both for purity and for heavy metals. I’ve heard elsewhere that this isn’t common. Definitely wouldn’t just go start sucking down some D8 cart I found at a gas station for example.

how do you know who tests it? why do you trust the tests — will someone look into them? how do you keep track of who owns the company — do you keep tabs on when it changes hands? this goes for every company in the supply chain including the labs

20 Blunts
Jan 21, 2017
i'll never touch any of that weed rip off bullshit.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
consume the flower of the cannabis plant, along with the distillates thereof

imho

TehSaurus
Jun 12, 2006

So looking into it more the products can be well tested depending on the vendor. I found some test results from February for what I ordered. Am I wrong in thinking this puts it in about the same bucket as 'nutritional supplements' safety wise? Like sure it could be poison, but also there's roundup in my bread. It isn't the same as actual pharmaceuticals, but it seems like it isn't an enormous risk as long as you're paying some kind of attention.

Also sorry for this terrible derail I really thought I might be sharing something useful to other folks who happen to live in terrible states like me! Here's my cat as penance.

Sextro
Aug 23, 2014

mawarannahr posted:

how do you know who tests it? why do you trust the tests — will someone look into them? how do you keep track of who owns the company — do you keep tabs on when it changes hands? this goes for every company in the supply chain including the labs

Thinking like this in 2021 just leads to completely abandoning society for the most part, dunno if it should be encouraged.

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

“use” real weed, I’m telling you, you will regret this synthroid bullshit when they pump it full of JWH-1488 FUBINACIA. good luck testing for that. it’s better to be sober than that crap.

Loucks
May 21, 2007

How do you know “real weed” is safe? How can you trust your supplier?

mawarannahr posted:

These are valid questions, but they aren’t exclusive to D8 distillates. How much due diligence do you do in your day to day life when purchasing products for consumption? Do you track the supply chain back to the original producer and research who inspected the product and ensure that there is zero possibility of shenanigans?

I agree that e.g., mystery carts are a terrible idea. However there are suppliers who claim to produce their product in house, are known to have access to large amounts of hemp, and who provide tests from known labs. It is true that any part of this could be complete fabrication. It’s also true that this could be the case for any number of products, even those supposedly subject to regulation.

Doing a little research and making an informed choice is reasonable. Suggesting that all D8 suppliers are inherently untrustworthy and insisting that this stuff is necessarily exactly dangerous synthetic cannabinoids is neither helpful nor realistic.

What is your actual motivation here? I haven’t seen you raise these objections against non-D8 concentrates, which are subject to the very same objections.

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

Loucks posted:

What is your actual motivation here? I haven’t seen you raise these objections against non-D8 concentrates, which are subject to the very same objections.

although my real motivation is that I’m a shill, I did some research years ago about synthetic cannabinoids flooding the market in Turkey and leading to a bunch of deaths. in America we’re looking at a segment of the industry that has filled carts up with vitamin E. this is speculation on my part but for every “good actor” there with possibly even accurate lab tests there are 10 that were probably selling DMAA preworkout 2 years ago.

my personal view on concentrates is that they are probably inadvisable for long term consumption and that the emergence of cannabinoid hyperemesis syndrome is tied to the increase in their popularity. I don’t think anyone’s really studied them enough to say that they’re safe. if you use concentrates, I would advise you to go back to flower. unless you want to cloud your future.

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

like, I was getting intense CHS symptoms a couple summers ago until I switched. I think the pesticides might accumulate in concentrates. at the time, neem oil was extremely widespread as a “safe” pesticide, and that’s what I was blaming.

Loucks
May 21, 2007

CHS is a serious and scary thing. You might be right there. I also think you’re right that there are a lot of untrustworthy actors out there. People put awful poo poo in carts.

And honestly I agree that flower is best, ideally stuff you grow yourself. Problem is that in my state and many like it the law is such that getting caught doing so severely fucks up your life. So doing some research and buying a little bulk D8 to dab occasionally isn’t an insane approach that will necessarily result in consuming mass quantities of synthetic cannabinoids. It’s right to be cautions, but unreasonable to take this hard line you have.

Ideally cannabis is legalized federally, but neither party wants that and I don’t anticipate it in the next decade.

e: if you had just led with your most recent couple of posts and left it at that I wouldn’t have argued with you at all fwiw.

Crusader
Apr 11, 2002

d8 thc distillate has kept me sane this pandemic, but i too have been living in a trash state

TehSaurus
Jun 12, 2006

mawarannahr posted:

like, I was getting intense CHS symptoms a couple summers ago until I switched. I think the pesticides might accumulate in concentrates. at the time, neem oil was extremely widespread as a “safe” pesticide, and that’s what I was blaming.

A brief look shows that this is primarily an issue issue for daily users, but I'm assuming your work showed that it could happen even in occasional users with suspect products? For what it's worth my healthcare provider is on board as it should be less harmful than the amount of booze it replaced. I'm taking less than 120mg/week since I don't really like the cognitive hangover on work days, which I'm pretty sure is tiny baby territory, but even 30mg results in a pretty intense experience for me.

Thanks for the discussion, I've found it genuinely informative.

Red Baron
Mar 9, 2007

ty slumfrog :)

Loucks posted:

well, you grow it yourself obviously. if you’re that level of paranoid and suspicious of everything (and I’m not saying you’re not right to be) then the only answer is to go from seed to final product on your own.

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

TehSaurus posted:

A brief look shows that this is primarily an issue issue for daily users, but I'm assuming your work showed that it could happen even in occasional users with suspect products? For what it's worth my healthcare provider is on board as it should be less harmful than the amount of booze it replaced. I'm taking less than 120mg/week since I don't really like the cognitive hangover on work days, which I'm pretty sure is tiny baby territory, but even 30mg results in a pretty intense experience for me.

Thanks for the discussion, I've found it genuinely informative.

oh, what i had researched had more to do with drug law enforcement and its outcomes, specifically related to new psychoactive substances (i.e., research chemicals) being substituted for "the real deal." I didn't know of CHS until I got it in America. it is absolutely infuriating that these laws lead people into dangerous decisions just because they want to feel differently for a while. edge cases like felix biederman aside, i doubt most people would choose to use synthetic cannabinoids over the real stuff, nbome over acid, fluorinated amps over more conventional forms, fent over other opiods, etc.

Loucks posted:

I don't, but it's harder to gently caress up and the pesticides probably don't build up to as significant a concentration.

mawarannahr has issued a correction as of 20:22 on Apr 7, 2021

damn horror queefs
Oct 14, 2005

say hello
say hello to the man in the elevator
just get hosed up, who cares.

embrace death

Zurtilik
Oct 23, 2015

The Biggest Brain in Guardia
I'm doing my first edible and about an hour in it is taking hold...

Here we gooo

TehSaurus
Jun 12, 2006

mawarannahr posted:

i doubt most people would choose to use synthetic cannabinoids over the real stuff, nbome over acid, fluorinated amps over more conventional forms, fent over other opiods, etc.

This definitely describes me. I'd much rather buy something less processed, or grow my own, if my state wasn't dumb as hell.

^^^ Weed candy is so good my dude.

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Stop arguing in the weed thread you god damned buzz kills

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Kazinsal posted:

signed the lease for a new apartment in a brand new development in a nice part of town, moving in may 1. getting celebratorily baked

nice

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Played with my macro lens

Well then you hold it still with all those fans going

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Zurtilik posted:

I'm doing my first edible and about an hour in it is taking hold...

Here we gooo

lmao cya fuckin later

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

mawarannahr posted:

good point about this, definitely something worth thinking about. iirc stairmaster developed CHS symptoms and I believe they were using a lot of D8.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JesusIsTehCool
Aug 26, 2002
I decorated a bowl to match my wizard lighter cover.