Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Red Rox
Aug 24, 2004

Motel Midnight off the hook
We're getting a little bit faster...

Was thinking of changing my name to "One does not simply eurostep into Mordor"

Red Rox fucked around with this message at 03:38 on Jan 20, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

Red Rox posted:

We're getting a little bit faster...

Was thinking of changing my name to "One does not simply eurostep into Mordor"

lmao

Honestly all the names are pretty good.

The Maestro
Feb 21, 2006
I am working but will pick in a couple hours don’t skip me!

Red Rox
Aug 24, 2004

Who chose Levert? Isn't he out indefinitely with a growth on his kidney or something? I think you can still reverse your pick before the next person picks.

The Maestro
Feb 21, 2006
I was tempted to - the blurb said 6-8 weeks though and that’s a long time in a shorter season

Red Rox
Aug 24, 2004

Sorry I’m up but I got a picnic for my daughters birthday so might be a couple hours.

Edit: or you could just choose Seth Curry for the Balrogs Balls.

Red Rox fucked around with this message at 03:49 on Jan 21, 2021

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

Red Rox posted:

Sorry I’m up but I got a picnic for my daughters birthday so might be a couple hours.

Edit: or you could just choose Seth Curry for the Balrogs Balls.

It is done.

The Maestro
Feb 21, 2006
Oh wait what I thought I had Seth Curry noooo

Also wtf ended up with Jokic and Harden, that’s hosed up

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

Ghost Dog posted:

dejan has through tremendous individual effort extended this draft by at least a week

My bad. I turned off notifications

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

Red Rox posted:

Who chose Levert? Isn't he out indefinitely with a growth on his kidney or something? I think you can still reverse your pick before the next person picks.

I figured it was worth a gamble on his kidney mass being removed and him being back for the last half of the season and playoffs

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
I honestly probably would've drafted LeVert if he was still available.

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
Whoever has Colin Sexton, do you wanna trade? My team is tom Bombadil's mf thugs

The Maestro
Feb 21, 2006
I feel like Levert is primed to come back in a big way when he does. I’m clueless, and besides the Cronenbergian horror of having a mass on your innards, but it seems like it could be a minimally invasive procedure and he might be back sooner than later and at near full strength. It’s so funny to me to be excited about watching the Pacers but damned if they don’t have a fun team. If he ends up not being a great fit with the starters he’s definitely a super sixth man, especially while Bubble Superstar TJ Warren is out.

rivetz
Sep 22, 2000

Soiled Meat
I'm with you on Indiana, they don't seem to have any huge weaknesses. I feel like all they're missing is some consistent scoring from a wing, and if they can get that from LaVert or Warren come playoff time, they're going to be a legitimate threat to make the ECF. My only concern w then is depth in the frontcourt, not sure what they'd do if they lost Turner for any significant length of time. It seems like he's so active on the defensive end and creates opportunities for everyone else, stuff that doesn't show up on the box score

Also I have a feeling I'm going to regret passing up Brandon Clarke for JJJ, but I really wanted him and was afraid he wouldn't be there if I didn't reach a bit. Isn't he supposed to be pretty close to returning?

rivetz fucked around with this message at 05:26 on Jan 21, 2021

EmotionlessThug
Feb 14, 2012

Lmfao, by the way, at Tom Bombadil's MF Thugs

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

Dejan Bimble posted:

Whoever has Colin Sexton, do you wanna trade? My team is tom Bombadil's mf thugs

the sexman is mine and i probably wont trade him for anything short of a danny ainge tier offer

The Maestro
Feb 21, 2006

EmotionlessThug posted:

It got Trick Daddy “Bom-bee cuz I’m a thug” stuck in my head

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

Ghost Dog posted:

the sexman is mine and i probably wont trade him for anything short of a danny ainge tier offer

Oh well

EmotionlessThug posted:

;)

Red Rox
Aug 24, 2004

Ghost Dog posted:

I got the other half of SEXLAND

rivetz
Sep 22, 2000

Soiled Meat

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

lol

someone put treebeard in a tree rollins jersey so i can be Tree Bites Hobbit tia

Red Rox
Aug 24, 2004

EmotionlessThug posted:

Did you mean slugs?

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
I THINK we are going to actually finish before Monday and start next week.

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

rick undo my pick for me before that next guy picks cause it wont let me since drose played today tia

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
It is done.

I guess most people don't draft 5 weeks into the season but that thing is very annoying.

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

i am excited to lose a lot of games and be terrible and forget about the league in a few weeks. in that way, dejan has been in midseason form this entire draft

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
I will happily continue to adjust my roster long after everyone else forgets and still lose.

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
I think my team is solidly mediocre

Dutchy
Jul 8, 2010

Rick posted:

I will happily continue to adjust my roster long after everyone else forgets and still lose.

This was always my tactic

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
All righty, we're all drafted! It didn't seem fair to start free agency in the middle of the night so let's hold of on starting until 3:00 PM Eastern Time Saturday.

I tried to lock the rosters but then was able to add a player after, I don't know if that's because commissioner rules or what but let's all just not add players until noon pacific Saturday.

Rick fucked around with this message at 11:25 on Jan 23, 2021

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
Question: How do y'all feel about streaming? Because I currently have it set up to be fairly anti-streaming, but can open it up some if people like to play like that.

For those who don't normally do fantasy, streaming is basically cycling through different free agents as often as possible. Favors people who have lots of time to manage their roster, in theory (you can also stream yourself right into a god awful roster, too).

Dutchy
Jul 8, 2010
I don't really have a problem with streaming but the league's pretty casual and I think the way the rules are currently set is probably fine. Not that I can speak for everyone but I mostly just want an alternative basketball focus when the Mavs play like they did tonight, I'm not really looking to scroll through injury reports every day trying to find a way to squeeze 15 points out of a SG spot starter

If someone is looking to do that though I won't fight it

EmotionlessThug
Feb 14, 2012

second that.

Red Rox
Aug 24, 2004

Yeah streaming sounds like an awful lot of work. I just want to ball and smoke pipeweed.

Speaking of pipeweed, what are we supposed to spend that $100 on? Is that if two people want to sign the same free agent - do you have to outbid each other? Nobody in my Yahoo league seems to be spending it.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
No tweaking to allow more streaming it is, then.

Red Rox posted:

Yeah streaming sounds like an awful lot of work. I just want to ball and smoke pipeweed.

Speaking of pipeweed, what are we supposed to spend that $100 on? Is that if two people want to sign the same free agent - do you have to outbid each other? Nobody in my Yahoo league seems to be spending it.

In theory if someone waives someone that a bunch of people want then you would use that to bid. But yeah, in practice it hardly ever gets used. It's mostly for leagues with small rosters, short drafts (email drafts doesn't really give that option) or giant amount of starters where anyone who comes free for some reason is value. Otherwise usually if someone is cut it's because they are bad and even if you think they might turn it around it's going to be more than 48 hours later.

I guess theoretically it might get used a little in this game because as set up right now after games start players for later games will be on waivers so maybe on a desperate Sunday people might pay to grab a guy.

The Maestro
Feb 21, 2006
Am I allowed to draft a guy tonight to replace McCollum temporarily?

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

The Maestro posted:

Am I allowed to draft a guy tonight to replace McCollum temporarily?

You should be able to just put McCollum on the IR and add someone to your roster in the "players" section, and cut them (or someone else) later when CJ recovers. If you have any rookies who aren't playing you can put one on the taxi squad to free up a space for today and move them back to the taxi when you don't need them. You can have up to 13 players on your main roster but you can carry up to 16 total through the IR and taxi squad.

There's still a few players above league average so you aren't totally sunk.

Rick fucked around with this message at 23:07 on Jan 24, 2021

The Maestro
Feb 21, 2006
Ok cool. I was more gauging the thread consensus on if it’s cool to rather than the actual ability to. Paul George is guaranteed to keep up his play and Hayward never gets hurt so I’m looking good still

Red Rox
Aug 24, 2004

lol forgot to log in and now a couple of my better players are stuck on the bench - great start!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
I can't promise to always read the forums before games start or even every day but if I'm around and you (or anyone) post here I will try my best to get dudes into people's games.

Rick fucked around with this message at 01:50 on Jan 26, 2021