Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Red Rox
Aug 24, 2004

Motel Midnight off the hook
Annoying thing is I play a Yahoo bball league as well, so that even if one of my teams gets hit by bad luck I still have the other one. But this year I had pretty much the same issue as Ghost Dog cause I drafted Ja Morant. Cursed!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Rick posted:

Did it scramble on you? I can fix it if you tell me how you want it.

i just took out cam and brunson becuase they were out and put in i want to say conley and wagner? it looks like you or kalensc already made one of those changes so i'm not sure now

Chronicles
Oct 24, 2013

kalensc posted:

(lol so much for a short summary, bravo me)

Thanks for the fun summary and all the scheduling work

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby

DeimosRising posted:

i just took out cam and brunson becuase they were out and put in i want to say conley and wagner? it looks like you or kalensc already made one of those changes so i'm not sure now

Yeah you only mentioned Brunson, and I didn't want to presume anything in a playoff week, so I just swapped out one for the guy with the highest fpp average.

Chronicles posted:

:wotwot:

I'll end up doing more, just spacing them out a bit to focus on elimination matches.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

Chronicles posted:

Yeah this is really good.

Red Rox
Aug 24, 2004

Haha jesus now Scottie Barnes is out indefinitely. I would like to formally apologize to the players I drafted this season.

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Red Rox posted:

Haha jesus now Scottie Barnes is out indefinitely. I would like to formally apologize to the players I drafted this season.

brunson went down non contact today so uh...same

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

This week's schedule is live. I'll post more details tomorrow, here's the quick recap for now:

Top 4 Teams: Seeding Battle

TalesCrypt, ArmSwap, USSR Grizzlies, EricCart2k

The top 4 seeds will be determined by a composite ranking of regular season W-L and the cumulative performance they've had the past two weeks plus this current week where they played a round-robin.

Seeds #5 & #6

Don'tBlame, ThreeAlpha

With wins in Week 19, these two squads clinched their ticket to the Quarter-Finals of the Championship Bracket. They face off this week to see who earns the 5th seed and a slightly better match-up in the QF.

Elimination Qualifiers: The Final Two Spots

Ho!JimBoy, 8pts9sec, imtheguy, WetAssStus

The two most important contests of the week feature the GMs DeimosRising, ScooterMcTiny, Ghost Dog, and The Maestro.

DeimosRising's 'Ho! Jim Boylendil' takes on The Maestro's 'Wet rear end Stussy' in one Qualifier, while ScooterMcTiny's '8 pts 9 sec' faces Ghost Dog's 'i'm the guy who sucks' in the other Qualifier.

The two winners will advance to the Championship Bracket as the 7th and 8th Seeds.

Consolation Bracket: Preliminary Round

Jesus H Crossover, Eagle Doom Dunkers

While these squads can no longer contend for a top-4 overall finish, there are short-term and long-term incentives to continue battling for wins in the coming weeks.

By the end of Week 21 (i.e. end of next week, or by March 17th) a total of 8 teams will have been eliminated from contention in the Championship Bracket. During Weeks 22 through 24, they will participate in a 3-week 8-team Consolation Tournament bracket to determine who finishes 5th through 12th overall.

Teams that perform well in the Consolation Tournament will gain slightly improved odds in the lottery for next year's draft order.

Matches between these teams this week and next week will establish the seeding for the Quarter-Finals of the Consolation Tournament, similar to the #5 & #6 match occurring this week.

Best of luck to everyone!

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Championship Tournament Bracket

Top-6 Seeding & 2 Qualifiers: Week 20, March 4-10

Two teams move to Consolation Tournament Bracket; Eight teams remain

Quarter-Finals: Week 21, March 11-17

Four teams move to Consolation Tournament Bracket; Four Teams Remain

1st-4th-Place Semi-Finals: Week 22, March 18-24

All four teams remain for the two-week 1st/2nd-Place and 3rd/4th-Place Finals

1st-4th-Place Finals: Weeks 23-24, Mar. 25 - Apr. 7

Consolation Tournament Bracket

Preliminary Seeding: Week 20, March 4-10

Two teams join the Consolation group, total of four teams determine seeding this week

Preliminary Seeding: Week 21, March 11-17

Four teams join the Consolation pool, completing the Tournament Bracket of eight teams

Quarter-Finals: Week 22, March 18-24

All eight teams remain, split into a quartet vying for 5th through 8th place finishes, and another quartet battling for 9th through 12th place overall.

5th-8th-Place Semi-Finals: Week 23, March 25-31

9th-12th-Place Semi-Finals: Week 23, March 25-31

5th-12th-Place Finals: Week 24, April 1-7

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Top-4 Seeding: Round-Robin Stats
pre:
 Value   TalesCrypt   Arm Swap  Советские   EricCart2k
-------  ----------  ----------  ----------  ----------
Wk17Pts   2682.66     2620.43     2403.92     2506.49
Wk19Pts   1859.99     2113.02     2037.04     1757.97
Wk20Pts

Tot.Pts   4542.65     4733.45     4440.96     4264.46

Head-to-Head Records thru Week 19

If needed for tie-breaker
pre:
Team Names  TalesCrypt   Arm Swap   Советские   EricCart2k
----------  ----------  ----------  ----------  ----------
TalesCrypt     n/a         2-0         1-1         2-0
 Arm Swap      0-2         n/a         1-1         1-1
Советские      1-1         1-1         n/a         1-1 
EricCart2k     0-2         1-1         1-1         n/a

kalensc fucked around with this message at 01:07 on Mar 5, 2024

ScooterMcTiny
Apr 7, 2004

Forgot to swap a couple players in time if it's possible, thank you fleaflicker gods.

Fox, Booker, Caruso out for the 3 on my bench.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
Got you! I had to reorganize your roster to make it fit so sorry about that.

ScooterMcTiny
Apr 7, 2004

Rick posted:

Got you! I had to reorganize your roster to make it fit so sorry about that.

Thank you!

EmotionlessThug
Feb 14, 2012

Sorry, can someone please fix my lineup for today. I thought I had set it a few days ahead but I guess not.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

EmotionlessThug posted:

Sorry, can someone please fix my lineup for today. I thought I had set it a few days ahead but I guess not.

Gotcha--hopefully it went through because I saw this now and not 30 minutes ago but I assume as long as it's changed before 6:00 pacific it should go through.

The Maestro
Feb 21, 2006
Remembered I picked up Naz Reid a month ago, hell yea.

Then remembered I had Gobert too, alright

Then a full 10 seconds later I realized I had Ant too lol

Chronicles
Oct 24, 2013

haha oh wow

I was clearly not paying close enough attention and accidentally picked up/started Kris Dunn instead of Kris Murray. Luckily it was a minimal difference.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
That was a pretty big war between Dutchy and I this week.

Dutchy
Jul 8, 2010
I think I'd be wrapping up a really dominant year if I hadn't built my team around Joel Embiid but alas, I did build my team around Joel Embiid and I got what I deserved

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

After the Qualifier and Seeding matches these past few weeks, our Championship Bracket is as follows:

#1 - Tales From the Crypto Zoo
#2 - Arm Swap

Rick's squad has been on a heater lately, and outscored Chronicles a bunch, but TalesFrom has the edge in overall record and H2H record so they head into the playoffs with the top seed.

#3 - Советские Гризли
#4 - EricCartman2000atyahoo

Similarly, Dutchy outscored my squad the past few weeks, but the weighting of regular season record kept me ahead by a nose.

#5 - Don't Blame Me, I Voted Jokic
#6 - Three Alphas

The two teams that clinched their spots in Week 19 went H2H this past week, with rivetz emerging triumphant.

#7 - 8 pts 9 seconds
#8 - Wet rear end Stussy

For the first time in three years (to the best of my recollection) a team has won consecutive do-or-die Elimination Qualifiers and made the Championship Tournament Bracket. The Maestro's concerto plays on.

#9 - Ho! Jim Boylendil
#10 - im the gm who sucks
#11 - Eagle Doom Dunkers
#12 - Jesus H Crossover

Injuries, injuries, and more injuries befell this quartet of squads, some early on, and some very recently. DeimosRising's team unfortunately dropped consecutive win-and-in qualifiers, with Brunson's injury being particularly ill-timed.

That being said, all 4 teams will be contenders to finish as high as 5th overall! After this week's Championship Quarter-Finals, the four teams eliminated in the QF will join the above four and form the Consolation Tournament Bracket.

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

This is easily the most "up in the air" playoffs I can recall of in Lothorien. If I had to rank the 8 teams in tiers, it would be something like:

Strong Contenders to make the Finals
Chronicles
Rick
rivetz
Dutchy
EmotionlessThug

Dark Horses (if healthy)
kalensc
ScooterMcTiny
The Maestro

I think right now, based on team rosters and health, distinguishing the best of the top 5 is hard as hell and changes every day/week.

I've been smoke and mirrors most of the past month, with way too many lingering injuries to Herro, Markannen, Poeltl (since released), etc kneecapping my performance. I'll be quite surprised if I can eke out a win this week, but I guess we'll see what happens on the court! Good luck Emotionless/erez/Three Alphas! :cheersbird:

EmotionlessThug
Feb 14, 2012

:cheers:

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

i had a nice little mid season run but my team health fell apart on the home stretch, alas

rivetz
Sep 22, 2000

Soiled Meat
jfc waiver wire is barren

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

lol I got Jaylen Brown, Markannen, Herro all out, Giannis playing only 3x, and a ton of DTD, what a mess.

Seems like I'd need to go for broke and waive even more solid players (Herro, Markannen) to free up slots just to get some non-zero scores.

Obv that would both ensure losses afterwards, and create one hell of a waiver wire bidding war lol, so I doubt I'll be doing that.

rivetz
Sep 22, 2000

Soiled Meat
You got Landale though. I held onto Sengun/hope like an hour too long

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

rivetz posted:

You got Landale though. I held onto Sengun/hope like an hour too long

Ah, sorry for sniping him from ya =/ I was overwhelmed by the power of music

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

deandre ayton, the only one of my top 5 picks to not be functionally OFS, waited till i was eliminated to start playing well rest in piss. but also my team was bad before the injuries and only had a few gasps of relevancy when other people got injured. i demand the #1 pick or i will tombstone every single jobber here on my path of destruction

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Markannen played 0/3
Herro played 0/3
Jaylen played 1/3
Had 3 other dudes averaging 40-45 miss 1-2 games
And Giannis is out today

:smithcloud:

Looking like we'll see a new champ for a 3rd (4th?) year running! :sax::bandwagon::guitar:

kalensc fucked around with this message at 19:25 on Mar 17, 2024

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

So two Quarter-Finals came down to just 30-40 points difference, and we had two lower seeds emerge victorious.

Moving on to the Semi-Finals of the Championship Bracket are:

#1 Chronicles vs #7 ScooterMcTiny
#4 Dutchy vs #6 EmotionlessThug

The Consolation Tournament Bracket will re-seed after each round. The quarter-final pairings are:

#2 Rick vs #12 RedRox
#3 kalensc vs #11 TheNinthLayer
#5 rivetz vs #10 Ghost Dog
#8 The Maestro vs #9 DeimosRising

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
Knocked out because a Warrior hit AD in the eye, I'll never forgive them.

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Rick posted:

Knocked out because a Warrior hit AD in the eye, I'll never forgive them.

:sympathy:

Just means you'll draft slightly earlier for your Wemby+AD revengeance tour

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

kalensc posted:

:sympathy:

Just means you'll draft slightly earlier for your Wemby+AD revengeance tour

True!

I am kind of curious to see if anyone gives a player up to draft in the first this year.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

I'm considering it. I got Trae Young as my keeper from whoever I replaced, but he's not really a guy I follow or have much of a connection with. I mostly kept him for the fantasy points, so I guess I'll see how he's affected by the surgery he got to fix a torn ligament on his left hand.

rivetz
Sep 22, 2000

Soiled Meat
Disappointing end to a fun season, I thought I had a great shot. Losing Şengün and Whitmore really hurt but I can hardly complain when a) we're all dealing with injury hassles and b) most of my guys were generally pretty healthy for me all year. This was my favorite team I've ever had in Lothlorien, lots of weird slumps followed by big performances. It was like on the one hand you had guys like Cade/JJJ/Simons where you had almost no idea what you'd be getting on a given night, but also you could pencil in SGA/JDub/Chet to deliver every single night. I wish I was good enough at statistics to map out the 'wobbliest' guys i.e. the dudes with the most variance night to night. like mapped to per-minute irrespective of opponent, right? I wanna see poo poo like all players who average better than 50 fantasy points, ranked by # of games where they put up <30 points, poo poo like that.

Big FU to Lonnie Walker for making GBS threads the bed on Brooklyn's back to back this weekend:

w honorable mention to Xavier Tillman, wtf? KP is out, Celtics have the #1 seed all but in the bag, is there a better scenario for Tillman to clunk around in garbage time against the fuckin Wizards? and he goes for 3 pts 2 reb :mad:

I can call my keepers for next season now as SGA for 1RP, Quickley for 6RP, Chet for 9RP. Great season y'all and best of luck to those warriors left standing.

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

rivetz posted:

Disappointing end to a fun season, I thought I had a great shot. Losing Şengün and Whitmore really hurt but I can hardly complain when a) we're all dealing with injury hassles and b) most of my guys were generally pretty healthy for me all year. This was my favorite team I've ever had in Lothlorien, lots of weird slumps followed by big performances. It was like on the one hand you had guys like Cade/JJJ/Simons where you had almost no idea what you'd be getting on a given night, but also you could pencil in SGA/JDub/Chet to deliver every single night. I wish I was good enough at statistics to map out the 'wobbliest' guys i.e. the dudes with the most variance night to night. like mapped to per-minute irrespective of opponent, right? I wanna see poo poo like all players who average better than 50 fantasy points, ranked by # of games where they put up <30 points, poo poo like that.

Big FU to Lonnie Walker for making GBS threads the bed on Brooklyn's back to back this weekend:

w honorable mention to Xavier Tillman, wtf? KP is out, Celtics have the #1 seed all but in the bag, is there a better scenario for Tillman to clunk around in garbage time against the fuckin Wizards? and he goes for 3 pts 2 reb :mad:

I can call my keepers for next season now as SGA for 1RP, Quickley for 6RP, Chet for 9RP. Great season y'all and best of luck to those warriors left standing.

Don't forget it's max 2 keepers, so presumably you're letting IQ go.

And do keep setting your rosters during the Consolation Tournament :shobon:

Red Rox
Aug 24, 2004

lol I really wanted to man, I really did. I just can't do it.

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

i'm setting mine out of grim resolution to see my collapse to the end, but i stopped churning the bottom of my roster for extra games played because it's too much work

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

Red Rox posted:

lol I really wanted to man, I really did. I just can't do it.

You have brutal injury luck.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chronicles
Oct 24, 2013

Good game scooter, that got way too close for comfort