Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
WAS THAT A HEEL TURN?
This poll is closed.
YES 30 35.71%
NO 11 13.10%
MAYBE 43 51.19%
Total: 84 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
Nyla is best twitter regardless.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

ChrisBTY posted:

I doubt Darby is going to lose the belt on his first defense until he really is injured and needs to go back on the shelf for awhile.
Plus from an outside perspective 'giant muscle rear end in a top hat destroys tiny man repeatedly because tiny man blew off his manager a few times' is a story begging for comeuppance.

Goliath winning against David is extremely WWE booking.

Has Cage ever defended the FTW belt? I wonder what the plans are in the long term for that beyond just being a symbol of grievance (which to be fair, was the purpose of it in ECW too).

I stand by my opinion that it should be the unofficial hoss division belt

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Dacap posted:

Has Cage ever defended the FTW belt? I wonder what the plans are in the long term for that beyond just being a symbol of grievance (which to be fair, was the purpose of it in ECW too).

He's defended it twice. Tony said he had a unique idea for the belt a while back so my hope is that it's the focus of the second show.

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Dacap posted:

FTW stands for Face The Wardlow, and you must defeat Wardlow to win it, also have Wardlowr beat Cage to get the belt, and then Wardleuw never loses it :hai:

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

fanci flup :)

ChrisBTY posted:

I doubt Darby is going to lose the belt on his first defense until he really is injured and needs to go back on the shelf for awhile.
Plus from an outside perspective 'giant muscle rear end in a top hat destroys tiny man repeatedly because tiny man blew off his manager a few times' is a story begging for comeuppance.

But he hasn’t destroyed him repeatedly, because of Sting

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Mons Hubris posted:

But he hasn’t destroyed him repeatedly, because of Sting

He destroyed him in all their interactions before that. Particularly at DoN and All Out in the battle royales.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Senerio posted:

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Sting, remembering the lessons of the past, preemptively turns on his own son, Darby.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
Everyone who hasn';t already done it, which is a lot of people considering it only had 9k views last I checked, watch this video for Kingston vs PAC

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qXbv8bCbKQM

This made me so hyped for that match, holy poo poo

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

PAC referring to Eddie as "a cautionary tale" is such a good characterization.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

No orange and black allowed. These are the facts. Plain and simple.

https://twitter.com/thelouievalle/status/1349383850628157442?s=21

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

ICR posted:

No orange and black allowed. These are the facts. Plain and simple.

https://twitter.com/thelouievalle/status/1349383850628157442?s=21

lol, the idea of Taz having the Team Taz lawyer draft up a C&D over someone wearing orange and black is really funny

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Will Darby do a sting move

Out of nowhere in the match, Darby does the best Stinger Splash you've ever seen. Everybody is freaking out but then he wipes away his half face-mask and everybody realizes Darby Allin is actually Tama Tonga now, and everybody just runs with it.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Jerusalem posted:

Out of nowhere in the match, Darby does the best Stinger Splash you've ever seen. Everybody is freaking out but then he wipes away his half face-mask and everybody realizes Darby Allin is actually Tama Tonga now, and everybody just runs with it.

By pinning Brian Cage, he somehow wins the IWGP Heavyweight Tag Team Championships.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

rotinaj posted:

Everyone who hasn';t already done it, which is a lot of people considering it only had 9k views last I checked, watch this video for Kingston vs PAC

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qXbv8bCbKQM

This made me so hyped for that match, holy poo poo

it's part of the broader "road to" which has 149k viewers, but it's definitely a hell of a good ad for that match.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Least likely to say "poo poo" on cable television:

CHUCK TAYLOR

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

MJeff posted:

By pinning Brian Cage, he somehow wins the IWGP Heavyweight Tag Team Championships.

This put me on the rabbit hole where I think JTG is technically the sequential Lucha Underground champion. We need him to do a Dark so it's back in our pool. And while finding that out we got out first ever double-impeached pres

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Jerusalem posted:

He smears the paint to the uncovered side and it's perfect GoD big match make up.

mooseinfants
Dec 22, 2014

Dacap posted:

I was hoping when Taz and Cody were beefing more a few weeks ago that eventually Taz would piss Cody off so much that Cody would decide that the only way to get Taz back would be to take something precious from him and thus he would challenge Brian Cage for the FTR belt.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
I saw some post about how there was a HUGE Covid scandal that will rock WWE and AEW, but nothing with actual facts. Did someone superspread over the holidays?

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Malcolm Excellent posted:

I saw some post about how there was a HUGE Covid scandal that will rock WWE and AEW, but nothing with actual facts. Did someone superspread over the holidays?

So far it seems like the only thing impacted in AEW was Thunder Rosa vs. Britt, which was pushed back.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

People are speculating based on Ricochets New year's party photos but we don't know anything for sure.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

WWE Champ Drew McIntyre tested postive and RAW seemed to be working short handed and had a bunch of wrestlers wrestle twice. But I don't think there's been any more details out.

And apparently Jericho tested positive in September and just showed up anyway because he's an rear end in a top hat denier or something? But that seems unrelated.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

STAC Goat posted:

WWE Champ Drew McIntyre tested postive and RAW seemed to be working short handed and had a bunch of wrestlers wrestle twice. But I don't think there's been any more details out.

And apparently Jericho tested positive in September and just showed up anyway because he's an rear end in a top hat denier or something? But that seems unrelated.

I think Jericho got lucky and had it between tapings.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Another nothing burger from over-eager scoopspeople

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

Miro confirmed on twitch just now that the stipulation does not go both ways - Chuck wins nothing if he beats Miro.

He also said he wouldn't have minded putting up a million dollars, or his personal belongings or his underwear. And then went on a tangent about taking off his underwear, right there in the ring, because he'll be so surprised if Chuck beats him.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

dromal phrenia posted:

Miro confirmed on twitch just now that the stipulation does not go both ways - Chuck wins nothing if he beats Miro.

He also said he wouldn't have minded putting up a million dollars, or his personal belongings or his underwear. And then went on a tangent about taking off his underwear, right there in the ring, because he'll be so surprised if Chuck beats him.

He wins the right to say poo poo on TNT.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Pylons posted:

He wins the right to say poo poo on TNT.

Jake Roberts then accidentally says it loud enough to near a camera so Chuckie isn't allowed

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

Also his green outfit from last week was inspired by that J Lo dress

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

dromal phrenia posted:

lol, that's amazing

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Hoping someone does the famous hand sign tonight.

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

smarxist posted:

lol, the idea of Taz having the Team Taz lawyer draft up a C&D over someone wearing orange and black is really funny

Further, it should also be Smart Mark Sterling because he's the only lawyer any of the boys know.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

dromal phrenia posted:

I really dig how Miro's leaning into the whole fashionista douchebag side of his character

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Rarity posted:

I really dig how Miro's leaning into the whole fashionista douchebag side of his character

masterclass compared to w/e Rache Chanel is doing

Deafboy
Dec 5, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Senerio posted:

It really is, she’s got wit for days. I find her very likeable in general.

Rarity posted:

I roasted him at first for the Disney clothes, but the guy really can pick a bangin’ outfit.

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

I'm really, really hoping Chuck wins. Otherwise I'm tuning out of Dynamite every time Chuck and Miro are on screen from here to the wedding.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

ChrisBTY posted:

I'm really, really hoping Chuck wins. Otherwise I'm tuning out of Dynamite every time Chuck and Miro are on screen from here to the wedding.

gently caress, that's totally the angle, isn't it?

Kip: it'd be cool if we had a statue of me made of fish and chips!
Miro: anything for you, buddy! *kip leaves* little chuckie get twenty pounds of the bland british food!
Chuck: *sighs and is seen elsewhere carrying bags of raw fish and pringles*

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

https://twitter.com/DarbyAllin/status/1348802967928000514?s=20

https://twitter.com/JohnMoriartyJr/status/1349437287881388032?s=20

Ok, don’t let me down friends!!

Procrastinator
Aug 16, 2009

what?

chuckie t is gonna be a good young boy for the best man and his groom

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU