Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
I was a qa tester on the XCOM fps and the va for Carter, the main character, a grizzled old drunkard cop, is the same as Heero Yui.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

galagazombie
Oct 31, 2011

A silly little mouse!
The TV series is the only correct way to watch 0079. The movies cut out all the cool monster of the week robots and awesome Gundam gadgets. Plus you miss the episode where it turns out the guys who are most successful at fighting the Gundam were a bunch of undersupplied nobodies who realized they could just use speeder bikes and IED's and be way more effective than the generals who always try to stop the Gundam with some new super-weapon.

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

watch ODDTAXI it's good

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

Bro Dad posted:

there is only one proper way to watch gundam wing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9_-aWNONz84

REZORZEZZ

that boy's so secretive

i wonder what secrets he's keeping

i know his secret

he's going to kill me

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

holy gently caress that writing is so good

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

https://twitter.com/acideater/status/1381679739140775941

https://twitter.com/acideater/status/1381686870141194244

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XJWV9-TRD1E

Clip-On Fedora has issued a correction as of 03:21 on Apr 13, 2021

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

an actual dog posted:

watch ODDTAXI it's good

It's good with a vibey opening.

A Bag of Milk
Jul 3, 2007

I don't see any American dream; I see an American nightmare.
I finished berserk (1997) and found it really beautiful and substantial... I have been thinking about it quite a lot, the ending made me a bit uncomfortable with being alive, so that is a great success on it's part. I also loved how it took it's time with the story and had many beautiful panning shots. I rewatched the first episode again afterwards as it serves as a bit of an epilogue and there is quite a lot going on there that's put into a vivid new context. like, a carriage taking away a cage stuffed full of children, possibly to be trained as child soldiers but otherwise not used narratively, just one of the ways that man has no control, even over his own will

I may take a peek at the third movie since that sounds like the best one, but is the 2016 series simply not worth looking into?

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

g gundam draws a lot of attention away from gundam wing in terms of stupid bullshit that everyone loves

Mischievous Mink
May 29, 2012

A Bag of Milk posted:

I finished berserk (1997) and found it really beautiful and substantial... I have been thinking about it quite a lot, the ending made me a bit uncomfortable with being alive, so that is a great success on it's part. I also loved how it took it's time with the story and had many beautiful panning shots. I rewatched the first episode again afterwards as it serves as a bit of an epilogue and there is quite a lot going on there that's put into a vivid new context. like, a carriage taking away a cage stuffed full of children, possibly to be trained as child soldiers but otherwise not used narratively, just one of the ways that man has no control, even over his own will

I may take a peek at the third movie since that sounds like the best one, but is the 2016 series simply not worth looking into?

I found the 2016 series completely unwatchable, like I can be iffy about 3d anime sometimes but it's -exceptionally- rough looking. 1997 Berserk's ost isn't an easy thing to compete against either.

galagazombie
Oct 31, 2011

A silly little mouse!
As someone who loves Berserk: the comic, I would rather someone never learn that Berserk exists than show them the 2016 series.

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

galagazombie posted:

As someone who loves Berserk: the comic, I would rather someone never learn that Berserk exists than show them the 2016 series.

But it just has such stellar animation quality.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

I'm late to the topic but zeta gundam is way more of a burning sexist mess than 0079

Toph Bei Fong
Feb 29, 2008

Zerilan posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1wAVpcvIrQM

Also, Gundam Wing is good

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WD2346AopZA

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Gundam wing is like if they tried to do a war story in the fast and furious film series

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King

christmas boots posted:

lmao the first episode of Gundam Wing ends with the hero tearing up an invitation to a teenage girl's birthday party and then promising to murder her.

I haven't watched it since the Toonami days but that fact will never leave me
dude how the gently caress can you forget this? personally, my family is under strict instructions to place me into a reduced cognitive care facility should I ever forget what "i'll kill you" is in japanese. the sick BGM kicking in the second after delivery has had me howling for 20+ years now.

Stairmaster posted:

Gundam wing is like if they tried to do a war story in the fast and furious film series
great, now i'm gonna spend the rest of the night imagining homoerotic lines from F&F delivered by wing characters, interspersed with thinking about Vin Diesel having a violin duet with Ludacris

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

great now I'm thinking about a live action wing adaptation with vin diesel in it

err
Apr 11, 2005

I carry my own weight no matter how heavy this shit gets...
I loved the original Berserk anime. I should read the manga to find out what happened after the anime.

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

err posted:

I loved the original Berserk anime. I should read the manga to find out what happened after the anime.

Faries and wizards, dude

A Bag of Milk
Jul 3, 2007

I don't see any American dream; I see an American nightmare.

Zerilan posted:

I see...

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King

The Oldest Man posted:

great now I'm thinking about a live action wing adaptation with vin diesel in it
only if he has to be Quatre DaBaby Weiner

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011

Zerilan posted:

galagazombie
Oct 31, 2011

A silly little mouse!

err posted:

On the one hand the first batch of arcs after the 90's anime ending are the best in the comic. On the other hand the series is in hiatus hell and may never be finished.

thotsky
Jun 7, 2005

hot to trot

more like general deviated septum

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Declan MacManus posted:

g gundam draws a lot of attention away from gundam wing in terms of stupid bullshit that everyone loves

G Gundam is ironic racial slur the anime.

Mirello
Jan 29, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
well my wife and I are like halfway through geass season 2 and I'm sad to say it has become stupid as poo poo. like we'll still finish it because you guys are saying the ending is good, but it's sad. S1 was pretty much a masterpiece imo. any of the movies/ovas worth watching?

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Mirello posted:

well my wife and I are like halfway through geass season 2 and I'm sad to say it has become stupid as poo poo. like we'll still finish it because you guys are saying the ending is good, but it's sad. S1 was pretty much a masterpiece imo. any of the movies/ovas worth watching?

Not really. They generally look pretty nice, but not much else.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

HootTheOwl posted:

G Gundam is ironic racial slur the anime.

The Neo Kenya Gundam isn't great but in fairness look at Kenya's flag.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

christmas boots posted:

There's a huge climactic moment towards like halfway or 2/3rds point where the main character and the Char-type rival from the opposing ideological faction are dueling each other in a big Gundam fight and then pause halfway through to switch Gundams because they're just not vibing with the ones they're currently in and think it would just fit better the other way around.

Don't forget that these two Gundams are the only two Gundams in existence that are programmed to drive their pilots insane or something.

Guess I'm re-watching Wing sometime.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Gripweed posted:

The Neo Kenya Gundam isn't great but in fairness look at Kenya's flag.

Zebra Gundam vs Teqila Gundam

Toph Bei Fong
Feb 29, 2008

In conclusion, Gundam is a land of contrasts

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WSZ4JTlga8I

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
Nero's Gundam fiddled while Neo-Italy burned

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

why is nobel gundam a sailor moon robot

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011

DesertIslandHermit
Oct 7, 2019

It's beautiful. And it's for the god of...of...arts and crafts. I think that's what he said.

Zerilan posted:

Guts trying to walk after being kicked in the nuts and acting like he's fine.

Bootleg Trunks
Jun 12, 2020

Sweden girl gundam

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

https://twitter.com/coco1sb/status/1185688348112769024

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012
https://twitter.com/ishinagami/status/1382155004102860804?s=19

captain quattro he is a chad

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Personally seeing that I'm repped by a monkey man in a giant skull orangutan robot in G Gundam kinda rolls the racism counter all the way back around to "hecking cool"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poniard
Apr 3, 2011

im a fan of the tequila gundam daniel custom myself