Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PsychoInternetHawk
Apr 4, 2011

Perhaps, if one wishes to remain an individual in the midst of the teeming multitudes, one must make oneself grotesque.
Grimey Drawer

KomradeX posted:

Oddtaxi is pretty drat interesting so far

Oddtaxi is really good, I'm only two episodes in but I was not expecting this cute animal show to be so suffused with contemporary alienation, depression and dread. It's like Animal Crossing as directed by the Cohen brothers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PsychoInternetHawk
Apr 4, 2011

Perhaps, if one wishes to remain an individual in the midst of the teeming multitudes, one must make oneself grotesque.
Grimey Drawer
Zenigata's employment as a cop is just a pretense to take Lupin from his wierd-rear end polycule and start a monogamous relationship with him

I mean yeah he's a stereotypical japanese workaholic who loves order but you can't tell me he'd prioritize his job over his one true love

PsychoInternetHawk
Apr 4, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Honest Thief posted:

vivy is hatsune miku terminator and rules 2 eps in

Its a good show so far but I feel like it might have made it a little too obvious too early that there's going to be a really big twist later and that Vivy's fight isn't so cut and dry.

I did enjoy the politician from the first two episodes turning out to be an idiot who doesn't really care about AI tho.

PsychoInternetHawk
Apr 4, 2011

Grimey Drawer

genericnick posted:

I do. I feel like that one isn't that obscure. I think they even played it on one of our local stations when I was a kid.

I think Escaflowne fell into the same memory hole as Inuyasha

PsychoInternetHawk
Apr 4, 2011

Grimey Drawer
Isn't that just the plot of All You Need Is Kill

PsychoInternetHawk
Apr 4, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Whirling posted:

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/in...-system/.192250

Seems like a system where animation companies pass their tax responsibility onto freelancers while getting a tax deduction for themselves.

"why does nobody in our country want to work, anyway time to stamp the boot again"

PsychoInternetHawk
Apr 4, 2011

Grimey Drawer
Also while Yuri is a terrible part of Spy X Family and should be thrown into the sun, I will give the show endless credit for the episodes where Anya and her friend go clothes shopping and the more recent episode where Yor gets shot in the butt

I was fully prepared for each of them to be where things got wierd and gross like 99% of anime would do, but it was wholesome silly fun. Yuri sticks out like a sore thumb with how lovely he is compared to the rest of the show

PsychoInternetHawk
Apr 4, 2011

Grimey Drawer

bitmap posted:

whats up with his head scars? can that dude read minds too?

There's a theory floating around that he was in charge of or otherwise involved with the program that developed Anya, because he's made repeated comments about how nobody can really know what anyone else is thinking or truly understand one another. Maybe he tried experimenting on himself?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PsychoInternetHawk
Apr 4, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

They didn't show the wedding at all. The only sign of it is the keychain sister referring to herself as a sister-in-law and the wedding bands, but if you blink you could miss them both. I didn't even notice the wedding rings when I saw it the first time. They downplayed it to the point that if you're only half paying attention then it really is "up to interpretation." Maybe they even have friendship marriages in the future, you don't know.

Sometimes when two same-sex bourgeois elites like each other very much, they get married to combine their capital values.

Yeah i checked out somewhere midway through the second season when it became clear that the show wasn't going to burn down the neoliberal hellsystem it has set up and was just going to settle for making it ~nicer~