Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

what if masturbation is fash

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Anyone whose ever been turned on by the symbolic representation of sex must be killed

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

an actual dog posted:

lmao what is this

i thought it was isnightful and interesting but also i had some edibles

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

https://twitter.com/tvtuners/status/1348817626940776451?s=20

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

The mecha genre won't die until we have actual mechs.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

an actual dog posted:

someone talking about their job is always interesting but I only understood half of it and it seems to be phrased as an argument with me while also agreeing?? also this is cspam??

Those all sound like personal problems

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Bootleg Trunks posted:

Consider, if you will, the harem anime

which one

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Bootleg Trunks posted:

The ruroni kenshin guy said he likes middle school girls

The log horizon guy cheated on his taxes

Guess which one japan was more outraged by

the guy who composed the score for kaiji was blacklisted from the industry for smoking pot

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

I don't think they practice their own form of capitalism in hxh

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Hodgepodge posted:

They don't allow the public to know about nen for reasons, right?

nen is a secret like how the existence of the mafia is a secret i think. its not like you can just learn it on your own unless you're an insane freak like netero. Atleast when it comes to a martial art. People like gummi i think just have no idea whats going on when they get so good at shogi they become super saiyan god.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

The hunter association also does not have a strong incentive to proletariatanize or even expand it's membership significantly

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

thotsky posted:

Sometime after the mid-2000s it was decided that anime should only cater to children and people who should be kept far away from children. A few years later shows like Haruhi, Bakemonogatari and KLK were like "lets try to hide good shows underneath all the horny", but it was doomed from the start and anime never recovered.

i blame gundam seed

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

https://twitter.com/viperwave/status/1351046610021732358?s=20

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

https://twitter.com/tvtuners/status/1357520115009544198?s=20

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Good soup! posted:

gimme another season of DB super gdi

Toei sucks rear end at making tv shows these days

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

The manga cuts out the isekai hero stuff entirely. I don't know why the anime didn't just do that (especially considering they had to skip important spider stuff as a result)

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

I don't like thunderbolt fantasy because I read the word thunderbolt and get excited to talk about thunderbolt gundam but then I see the second word.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

HerraS posted:

Why is everyone trying to gaslight me by saying kaguya is any good

the funimation dub is awful solely because they miscast the narrator

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Show him mobile suit gundam

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

light yagami has no guard

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

watch mobile suit gundam (1979)

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

do not show your child ideon

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

the double zeta gundam sucks rear end gently caress this combining gimmick

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

its still part of the gundam franchise, regardless!!

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

you should just read the manga instead same with dragon ball

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

the best way to experience dragonball is to read the manga

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

watch chars counter-attack

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

kneelbeforezog posted:

Whats the absolute best pokemon/gundam/other segment from each long running childrens show?

gundam has too many good stretches to label one best but also char's counter-attack since that movie is half the inspiration for evangelion

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

uc next is bullshit i hope hathaway blows up banagher in his movie.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

In the novel tomino wrote of CCA, hathaway doesn't kill chan but instead quess, lol.

Also in that novel instead of the sazabi, char pilots the nightingale which is like if the zeong and the qubeley did the fusion dance

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

TenementFunster posted:

i can't tell if its better or worse for him to have killed an innocent person or the victim of a powerful pedophile who was sex-trafficked into space and is expressing her trauma through Big Zam praxis

She was trying to shoot amuro in the middle of his duel with char for what it's worth

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

I for one oppose the persecution of homosexuals

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Tomino himself decided newtypes are bs ideologically which is why they don't appear in turn-a or reconquistia in g

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

I think you could probably mix cinamon toast crunch with something else but cheerios and frosted flakes have no business being in my breakfeast bowl

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Tomino doesn't put communism in gundam because he doesn't want to get stabbed

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

galagazombie posted:

Supposedly 00 season 1 got a lot of flak in Japan for being "Not My Gundam". I wouldn't be surprised if the execs told the writers to course correct hard and thats why season 2 has much more traditional looking gundams, replaces all the political stuff from the first season with black&white superheroics, and inserts all the standard Gundam cliches that season 1 had purposefully avoided like having a Char.

famously apolitical series gundam 0079

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Counterpoint: Code geass was good

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

0079s first episode is a criticism of the american military presence in okinawa

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Depends how well you can stomach the lack of budget (it's not as bad as jojo season 1)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

I'm late to the topic but zeta gundam is way more of a burning sexist mess than 0079