Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SWORDFISHHH
Apr 1, 2010
It's hard to express how much this game meant to me while growing up. In 2001 I was the first in our group of friends to get an Xbox, and Halo would become a huge part of my life for the next +10 years.

We had 16 player Halo LAN parties where we lugged 4 giant CRT televisions into a room, when away at summer camp on an island we all read the books (and even bought an xbox at a pawn shop to play!), we pored over every single Halo 2 leak, and I spent way too much time in university playing Halo 3 Big Team Battle in a haze.

Despite my obsession with the Halo universe, I learned/relearned so much doing this LP. Maybe this is because any time I played the campaign I had a tendency to skip cut scenes to jump right into the action! Frenzy's knowledge of the Halo universe is unmatched and helping with this LP has been a pleasure.

Edit: grammar

SWORDFISHHH fucked around with this message at 00:28 on Jan 9, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SWORDFISHHH
Apr 1, 2010

Megillah Gorilla posted:

e: Opinions on Battlestar Galactica depend on two things:

- Do you like religion in your sci fi?

- Do you like a show to have absolutely no loving idea where it's going?

I just finished the miniseries and I'm loving it. I'm enjoying the contrast of ending the human/machine war with an armistice vs in The Matrix (they start their own country) and Dune (humans win and machines are banned).

SWORDFISHHH
Apr 1, 2010

bman in 2288 posted:

Just, for like, clarification's sake, jihad does not mean holy war. It means struggle. It's not religious in nature. "Holy war" is just something American newscasters started saying to get more views and now it's taken over the original meaning in English speaking countries.

It's a pet peeve.

Thanks for the clarification. I only knew of the term from Dune, the band AJJ, and growing up in the early 2000s.

Edit: Also baba ghanoush is not Hungarian. I assumed it was because the first time I had it was with a Hungarian doctor

SWORDFISHHH fucked around with this message at 03:49 on Jan 13, 2024

SWORDFISHHH
Apr 1, 2010

biosterous posted:

"do you have it"/"i have it" feels like it's an officially required response thing, like "you are relieved"/"i stand relieved"

That sort of makes sense except Dr Halsey is a civilian who doesn't play by the rules. This is from a 7 year old thread on Reddit:
"This procedure is done with high end technical equipment. Like super expensive and fragile lenses."

I tried searching for more information on this but couldn't find it.