Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

As a Nintendo homer, I too never played Halo

I knew about from cultural osmosis, but never figured why it blew up the way it did

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

FrenzyTheKillbot posted:

I'd be interested to hear your thoughts after the next video. I think that level does a way better job of showing what made Halo stand out.

What you said about the vehicles and level design makes some sense from a technical level and breaking new ground. The other smash hit FPS around time was Half-Life, which had an entirely different narrative and gameplay structure compared to every other FPS. And infinite modability

I'm not a big FPS guy, so a lot of stuff looks the same to me. The shooting aspects don't seem particulary different than other games. Tho the Needler is cool looking

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

The Keyes tumor thing really is gross

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

Huh, Halo 1 seems like a really short game

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

Wait, the Covenant energy sword has an ammo counter?

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

FrenzyTheKillbot posted:

I do feel the need to point out that I really never intended to play this game for the LP. I'm not a big RTS guy, and I feel like Halo Wars' lore contributions to the Halo universe could be summed up in a bonus video. But I dislocated one of the fingers on my left hand, making it very difficult to play most video games. Rather than let this thread languish any longer, I figured what the heck let's do it. At the end of the day it is an interesting and fun game and it's just more Halo for the Halo thread.

So do you play this game one handed then? Or with your feet

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

biosterous posted:

"do you have it"/"i have it" feels like it's an officially required response thing, like "you are relieved"/"i stand relieved"

Halsey: Solider, do you have stairs in your house?

Solider ... I am protected, roger