Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
an open world RPG full of interesting quests and NPCs to interact with. but its not 3rd person or 1st person; its a simulated web forum.

in this game you will have to make at least 4 posts a day to a simulated dying gay internet comedy forum. you can encounter posting enemies that will try to bait you into posting probatable things, and posting allies who will empty quote you and increase your posting power.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

A Superman videogame that's actually good. It's open world and you can change from Superman to Clark Kent at any time. Clark lets you talk to people like a normal human, he can get leads from the Daily Planet, and use his press credentials to investigate things. Superman is Superman.

Missions might be as simple as "Rescue this cat from a tree" or as crazy as "Stop the giant robot that's attacking the museum." You can theoretically complete any mission as Clark or Superman, but obviously there's benefits to each play style. You still have all the superpowers as Clark but you need to use them stealthily or else people will discover you're Superman. So a guy could shoot you with a regular gun and you're fine, but now he knows you're Superman unless you cover by saying you were wearing a bulletproof vest or something.

I have no idea how you would implement that last idea, though.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Workaday Wizard posted:

Batman Arkham Asylum but you are a religious politician that got caught in a 30-man gay orgy and you have to defeat all witnesses before the media publishes the story.

Is the 30-man gay orgy segment playable?

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

a video game with guns, and multiplayer, but you never use the guns on other players.

ever.

no dedicated pvp playlist (gently caress you, crucible)

no tactical pvp as part of a competitive pve game mode (gently caress you, gambit)

no weekly tournaments

not even an iota of coder brainpower going towards how the guns work on players

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

A Fancy Hat posted:

A Superman videogame that's actually good.

superman returns is fun for like 20 min, in a "GTA but I'm superman" way
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q5fuYe91Wwo

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

Metroidvania.

As Samus Aran, you are investigating a mysterious crashed spaceship when you discover an ancient castle, buried deep underground but unearthed by the force of impact. Many of the chambers are completely intact and filled with supernatural monsters such as skeletons, bats, and different colored skeletons.

Meanwhile, the latest descendent of the Belmont clan hears word of this and realizes that Dracula's castle has again appeared in the mortal world.

Using a mix of ancient magical weapons and futuristic sci-fi tech, you swap between Samus and the new Belmont member to venture through the castle and the alien ship that has destroyed part of it.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:
A FPS but with nerf guns

A sandboxesque game where you play a lost cat trying to get home across a big city. You can upgrade jumping/climbing skills and need to use the environment to manipulate other people/animals.

Outrail fucked around with this message at 15:50 on Jan 11, 2021

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Offense is overrated anyway.

a game where the bad guys stole all the world's ruffles brand potato chips and when you defeat enemies they drop delicious ruffles for you to eat. maybe it could come with some kind of ruffles dispenser that you could plug into your sega cd

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Nefarious 2.0 posted:

a game where the bad guys stole all the world's ruffles brand potato chips and when you defeat enemies they drop delicious ruffles for you to eat. maybe it could come with some kind of ruffles dispenser that you could plug into your sega cd

As a kid I thought the coolest way for Nintendo to make money would be to have a printer on the game system that prints up award certificates for you when you beat video games. That way you can prove to your friends (in 1996) that you beat Zelda without having to take a photo and wait a week to get the photos developed.

I suggest we combine ideas and have the game also print coupons for Ruffles as you complete challenges.

Whybird
Aug 2, 2009

Phaiston have long avoided the tightly competetive defence sector, but the IRDA Act 2052 has given us the freedom we need to bring out something really special.

https://team-robostar.itch.io/robostar

Nap Ghost

Outrail posted:

A FPS but with nerf guns

Check it out: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nerf_Arena_Blast?wprov=sfla1

Mooey Cow
Jan 27, 2018

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Pillbug

Rutibex posted:

an open world RPG full of interesting quests and NPCs to interact with. but its not 3rd person or 1st person; its a simulated web forum.

in this game you will have to make at least 4 posts a day to a simulated dying gay internet comedy forum. you can encounter posting enemies that will try to bait you into posting probatable things, and posting allies who will empty quote you and increase your posting power.

Whoa I'd play that for ten dollars plus microtransactions :aaa:

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Workaday Wizard posted:

A feeder harem sim.

This the kind of thing where I feel it's 50/50 that it's actually out there already.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
An MMO where all players are Pokémon. If I want to play as a slightly overweight Meowth, then I can. No genitals, though, this is a family game.

Twitch
Apr 15, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Stardew Valley, but a 4x space game. I just want to build up cool planets and make friends with aliens.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

Meme Poker Party posted:

This the kind of thing where I feel it's 50/50 that it's actually out there already.

Ya, almost certainly this is a thing on chaturbate/onlyfans/you tube etc

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
the version of Spore that lived in my imagination up until it came out

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

A pro wrestling game with a story mode set in the late 80s/early 90s. On top of having to win your matches and get the title, you also:

Join massive cocaine parties
Politic your way to the top by accusing other wrestlers of starting unions
Stab guys to death in the shower who refuse to join your wrestling territory
Get blackout drunk and then wrestle for half an hour in front of angry rednecks who think wrestling is real
Wear a lead-lined poncho to avoid getting shot when you cut a particularly good promo

And more! You can even avoid wrestling entirely and just become a low-level enforcer for the mob, but watch out! You might just get murdered in your living room.

Workaday Wizard
Oct 23, 2009

by Pragmatica

A Fancy Hat posted:

A pro wrestling game with a story mode set in the late 80s/early 90s. On top of having to win your matches and get the title, you also:

Join massive cocaine parties
Politic your way to the top by accusing other wrestlers of starting unions
Stab guys to death in the shower who refuse to join your wrestling territory
Get blackout drunk and then wrestle for half an hour in front of angry rednecks who think wrestling is real
Wear a lead-lined poncho to avoid getting shot when you cut a particularly good promo

And more! You can even avoid wrestling entirely and just become a low-level enforcer for the mob, but watch out! You might just get murdered in your living room.

There was a snes japanese wrestling game that ends with a suicide. I don’t know if you do any of the other stuff (tldr lol).

Whybird
Aug 2, 2009

Phaiston have long avoided the tightly competetive defence sector, but the IRDA Act 2052 has given us the freedom we need to bring out something really special.

https://team-robostar.itch.io/robostar

Nap Ghost
One of those browser MMOs where you are the prime minister of a country and build planes and tanks to go to war with other players, except instead of being the prime minister of a country you're a lovely musician and you have to rope other players into joining your lovely band and hope that they don't notice you stiffing them on the royalties. Then when you've levelled up enough you can become a washed-up coked-out producer and grift newbies into signing onto your label.

Icochet
Mar 18, 2008

I have a very small TV. Don't make fun of it! Please don't shame it like that~

Grimey Drawer
Dog catchers are always portrayed negatively in media but it must be really hard work. Open world, good driving and catch pole mechanics, could be something there.

SleepySonata
Mar 3, 2010

Icochet posted:

Dog catchers are always portrayed negatively in media but it must be really hard work. Open world, good driving and catch pole mechanics, could be something there.

Gaming loves charity events so people would speedrun it

Lets make it 3rd person sandbox collectathon with optional story mode (triple A garbage budget)

Dog locations are randomized

Would you do an urban setting? maybe since it's more focused on the dog catching part you could make it a level based arcade-style game (smaller budget)

Icochet
Mar 18, 2008

I have a very small TV. Don't make fun of it! Please don't shame it like that~

Grimey Drawer
I'm thinking huge urban & suburban map where you can hunt a cunning dog for hours and hours. A mix of detective work, high speed chases and combat

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

phasmid posted:

What about a game where you don't hurt anyone physically but it's just you disposing of bodies for the mafia. What if that?

https://store.steampowered.com/app/522210/Serial_Cleaner/

also this one in development although it's probably vaporware: https://store.steampowered.com/app/1040200/Crime_Scene_Cleaner/

Deep Glove Bruno
Sep 4, 2015

yung swamp thang
i kind of want a rally game where you are the co-driver and the challenge as you progress to faster cars and more elite competition is that you have to read, out loud, into your headset the correct notes for your driver or they'll crash. i guess you could partner up with real players as drivers or they could be AI interpreting your speech. you have to read those crazy code-shorthand books as corners come at you faster and faster, and you basically have no time to look up and get your bearings to make sure you're timing it right, you have to rely a lot on the engine/shifting noises and the swaying of the car through corners. the hardest rallies wouldn't be the diciest surfaces like ice and gravel and mud but perfect dry asphalt because you'd have to read out notes so fast. like this guy
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=obxe4EuSaUE
the more detail you're able to squeeze in the faster your driver can go - tree on outside, levels of corner cut, surface degradation etc.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

Deep Glove Bruno posted:

i kind of want a rally game where you are the co-driver and the challenge as you progress to faster cars and more elite competition is that you have to read, out loud, into your headset the correct notes for your driver or they'll crash. i guess you could partner up with real players as drivers or they could be AI interpreting your speech. you have to read those crazy code-shorthand books as corners come at you faster and faster, and you basically have no time to look up and get your bearings to make sure you're timing it right, you have to rely a lot on the engine/shifting noises and the swaying of the car through corners. the hardest rallies wouldn't be the diciest surfaces like ice and gravel and mud but perfect dry asphalt because you'd have to read out notes so fast. like this guy
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=obxe4EuSaUE
the more detail you're able to squeeze in the faster your driver can go - tree on outside, levels of corner cut, surface degradation etc.

playing the rally races like this in GTA 5 online where you can see the rings to drive through and the driver can't, on voice with friends, was some of the most fun i've ever had in an online game. 4 people in voice chat yelling directions at their partners :thumbsup:

itry
Aug 23, 2019

A Fancy Hat posted:

Metroidvania.

As Samus Aran, you are investigating a mysterious crashed spaceship when you discover an ancient castle, buried deep underground but unearthed by the force of impact. Many of the chambers are completely intact and filled with supernatural monsters such as skeletons, bats, and different colored skeletons.

Meanwhile, the latest descendent of the Belmont clan hears word of this and realizes that Dracula's castle has again appeared in the mortal world.

Using a mix of ancient magical weapons and futuristic sci-fi tech, you swap between Samus and the new Belmont member to venture through the castle and the alien ship that has destroyed part of it.

Dracula was a time traveling alien all along :tinfoil:

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY

TheAardvark posted:

the version of Spore that lived in my imagination up until it came out

I feel like if that game had been more realistic (like you got traits that made sense in your long evolution instead of just adding a bunch of hosed up stuff) it would have been a lot more fun. Also, ditch the cutesy cartoon stuff and go for a more mature (as in advanced, not RATED M) style. It would be a lot closer to those fake documentaries about wildlife on alien worlds.

Two very different styles here. The second one might be too morbid to play (unless your character has a jaunty music playlist or smth).

Beartaco
Apr 10, 2007

by sebmojo
Why is Bob's Burgers the one prime time animated show without a lovely mobile tie in? I would eat that right up.

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Beartaco posted:

Why is Bob's Burgers the one prime time animated show without a lovely mobile tie in? I would eat that right up.

it's got Animation Throwdown if that counts

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

Breetai posted:

Feeding off of this; an RPG or even a soulslike where you start off max level and as you progress you need to start removing levels and skills and perks from your character until at the end of the game in order to progress you need to have gotten good to the point where you make up for your comparative lack of character power through skill.

I saw somebody playing some indie pixel art rogue like that did this but I can't for the life of me remember what it was called.

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.

SleepySonata posted:

TikTok releases a dating sim written and produced by TikTok users

It's set in Auschwitz.

frogge
Apr 7, 2006

Twitch posted:

Stardew Valley, but a 4x space game. I just want to build up cool planets and make friends with aliens.

Starbound was sort of like that but the main publisher guy is a total piece of poo poo. Also platform instead of top-down like SV.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

Twitch posted:

thatd be cool. i like at least the idea of strategy/simulator games without any war or combat mechanics. I really liked the city building aspects of the Stronghold games for some reason, for example, but didnt really care about making soldiers and stuff

itry
Aug 23, 2019

TheAardvark posted:

thatd be cool. i like at least the idea of strategy/simulator games without any war or combat mechanics. I really liked the city building aspects of the Stronghold games for some reason, for example, but didnt really care about making soldiers and stuff

Your post reminded me of this game https://vfqd.itch.io/terra-nil. May be your kind of game.

quote:

Terra Nil is a reverse city builder about ecosystem reconstruction.

I guess I made a leap where violence includes taking a wilderness and turning it into a megalopolis

itry fucked around with this message at 23:31 on Jan 11, 2021

Cyber Punk 90210
Jan 7, 2004

The War Has Changed

Big Beef City posted:

Think something along the dramatic lines of The Last of Us series but starring all the characters from Archie

Not a game but have you seen Afterlife With Archie?

Chrs posted:

rear end Simulator

Someone had a similar thought to yours but in a different genre: Don't poo poo Your Pants - A survival Horror Game!

Lib and let die posted:

a video game with guns, and multiplayer, but you never use the guns on other players.

ever.

no dedicated pvp playlist (gently caress you, crucible)

no tactical pvp as part of a competitive pve game mode (gently caress you, gambit)

no weekly tournaments

not even an iota of coder brainpower going towards how the guns work on players

"I hate this loving game" I mutter, as I log my 1,100th hour as a space magician

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Helen Skelter posted:

Not a game but have you seen Afterlife With Archie?

Someone had a similar thought to yours but in a different genre: Don't poo poo Your Pants - A survival Horror Game!

"I hate this loving game" I mutter, as I log my 1,100th hour as a space magician

i loving love destiny 2

i loving hate destiny 2 pvp

when you wanna shoot your friends, you play cawla

when you wanna cooperate with your friends you play destiny

imo

Samuel L. ACKSYN
Feb 29, 2008

a puzzle platformer where u play as a lit candle and u have to figure out how to get thru the level while avoiding wind, fans, water drips and other stuff that would put ur flame out

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Samuel L. ACKSYN posted:

a puzzle platformer where u play as a lit candle and u have to figure out how to get thru the level while avoiding wind, fans, water drips and other stuff that would put ur flame out

:thunk:
of course you would have to burn things strategically. and your wax would melt and drip everywhere, which would have environmental effects and also be your timer.....

Workaday Wizard
Oct 23, 2009

by Pragmatica

Samuel L. ACKSYN posted:

Oddly enough there is a Super Mario World romhack for this:
https://www.smwcentral.net/?p=section&a=details&id=25250

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Samuel L. ACKSYN posted:

Similarly, a 3D version of that paper airplane Mac game.