Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sab Sabbington
Sep 18, 2016

In my restless dreams I see that town...

Flagstaff, Arizona

Phenotype posted:

What was the nerf to the last level? I played this ages ago with my roommate and I remember giving up in frustration at what was probably the final jump or two of the last level -- you were climbing a circular fence and it felt like you had to jump off and somehow swing around in a U shape to catch the next section of fencing and we just. couldn't. do it. We might have just missed the ACTUAL spot you were supposed to jump to, but after an hour trying and failing I think we ended up just watching the ending on Youtube.

e: Yeah! It was this jump here -- we just COULD NOT get it done. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AioJ3kWTZPw#t=1043s Mad cuz bad I guess.

Yeah, in addition to pretty much that exact issue the rising water was slowed down as you progressed upwards. I vividly remember how absurdly tight the time requirement was as a kid and how much of a welcome change that ended up being.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dumby
Oct 25, 2007

Lol I also quit Psychonauts at a jump in the meat circus. I don't think it was this one, I remember a super tall spring jump being impossible to land. Couple hours of trying a single jump and I decided I'd never finish that game.

Gynovore
Jun 17, 2009

Forget your RoboCoX or your StickyCoX or your EvilCoX, MY CoX has Blinking Bewbs!

WHY IS THIS GAME DEAD?!

dumby posted:

Lol I also quit Psychonauts at a jump in the meat circus. I don't think it was this one, I remember a super tall spring jump being impossible to land. Couple hours of trying a single jump and I decided I'd never finish that game.

Yeah, I quit after fighting a boss for an hour and failing due to horrible controls.