Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Oldstench
Jun 29, 2007

Let's talk about where you're going.

Sab Sabbington posted:

A very good post
Well congrats. You've made me want to play Psychonauts. Next sale I'll deffo check it out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oldstench
Jun 29, 2007

Sab Sabbington posted:

Hell yeah, I'm gonna be riding this dopamine hit for at least a few weeks, appreciate it.

I hope you enjoy it--the platforming is pretty dated but gets easier once you get a feel for the broader way the movement works and unlock some of the upgrades. I still think the most frustrating part of the game for me--post the nerf to the last level in rereleases--is a tightrope section in the first mental landscape you go through.

If I can give any advice: try and find the various vaults in each level, and if you don't naturally look them up at the end. They give little backstory vignettes by way of stylized slideshow that adds, imo, a whole lot of interesting context for each person you encounter. You can also talk extensively to the various characters around the camp for some very funny dialogue, but none of it is mandatory or all that important, so if that's not your thing don't worry about it.

Most importantly, please update with your opinion on whether you're Team Firestarters or Team Levitators, there is only one right answer and picking the wrong one might get you singed.

Just FYI, Steam had this for $5 so I grabbed it. I'm kinda sucked in to Monster Hunter World right now, but as soon as I come up for air, it's Psychonauts for sure.

Oldstench
Jun 29, 2007

Uh...what?

Oldstench
Jun 29, 2007

FYI: theHunter is on sale right now for $6.

Oldstench
Jun 29, 2007

Terraria is one of those games that I really want to like but I just bounce off of it so hard every time I try to play it. I have no knack for design either so I don't even get to build cool tree-houses or whatever. It's always the same boxes stacked on top of one another.

Oldstench
Jun 29, 2007

Clockwerk posted:

I got it for free off epic and was still disappointed

:same:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oldstench
Jun 29, 2007

So I promised I'd give my impressions of Psychonauts once I got a copy. Unfortunately, I bounced off of it pretty hard. The controls were a mess and the start of the story just didn't hook me at all. I just really wasn't feeling it so I dumped it. I'll probably try it again some day, but so far...eh.