Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Torquemada
Oct 21, 2010

Drei Gläser
I also remember laughing like crazy at the credits for some reason.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Torquemada
Oct 21, 2010

Drei Gläser

Whizzing Wizard posted:

It's probably way too much effort, but could we maybe get an index of what games have been posted in the op?

On one hand if it’s going to be done, it’d be easier to start doing it when the thread is 11 pages long. On the other I’m reading multiple hundred page threads where people regularly infect the discourse with the vile stench of anime. If I can gloss over a couple of nimrods babbling about Naruto and DBZ power levels or whatever for multiple pages, reading someone else’s additional thoughtful and informative take on a beloved game isn’t that much of a hardship.

Torquemada
Oct 21, 2010

Drei Gläser
I bought the first Ori and regard it very highly, despite it being too hard for me to finish.

Torquemada
Oct 21, 2010

Drei Gläser
He’s doing Mad Men right now, continuing his MVP god-tier work.

Torquemada
Oct 21, 2010

Drei Gläser

doctorfrog posted:

Link to his Sopranos thread? I’m on my first watch, Season 2.

vvv thank you!

Oh boy, you hit the jackpot.

Torquemada
Oct 21, 2010

Drei Gläser

Harold Fjord posted:

Working on a Sekiro effort post because it's the game of my dreams.
I loved the look of it, but I think as a 50 year old with hardly any gamepad experience and no Souls-like experience at all I’d be wasting my money.

Torquemada
Oct 21, 2010

Drei Gläser
Keyboard turners used to be a thing in WoW too.

Torquemada
Oct 21, 2010

Drei Gläser

Captain Invictus posted:

world of warcraft is not very good.

this is coming from someone who played it from vanilla to cataclysm, across 5 or 6 different classes to max level at the time. I have not heard charitable things about recent expansions either. it was conceptually incredible when it came out, but the luster wore off quickly, and if you didn't have a party to do stuff with, you were severely limited in things you could do.

it was enjoyable as a community experience but the game itself was middling at best on its own

I think I probably agree with this bit. A huge part of its appeal was the shared social experience. My experience levelling to 60 in Classic was an exercise in the most exquisite nostalgia, everything reminded me of the great times I’d had 15 years previously, and all the people who weren’t there with me. The actual gameplay is really not very good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Torquemada
Oct 21, 2010

Drei Gläser

Shine posted:

Yeah, if a game is somebody's favorite because playing with their friends was the best ever, then it's still their favorite. Let's keep this thread positive, please :)

Apologies, to clarify I have around 12,000 hours in WoW and loved every minute (even the ragequit annoying ones are amusing now). Not trying to bring the thread down!