Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PNGYAKUZA
Apr 21, 2021

I'm not a monster, it's just a mask.
For me it's 100% Killer7

Because it's the kind of game best gone into completely blind I think if you have any interest in this game you should seriously just play it.
Any SUDA fan or even fans of other similar directors like Yoko Taro or Kojima really owe it to themselves to play this masterpiece.

However if you're not in those groups I'll do a quick rundown about why this game is so amazing.

Graphics:
Whilst not the absoloute highlight the game has aged really well due to the cel shading style and looks pretty nice on the PC port imo. Not much else to say about it thoufg.

Gameplay:
This game has weird gameplay for sure. The core combat is an on rails movement where you can then swap to a first person mode to shoot the enemies, hit them in their weakpoints and they die, keep hitting them they die etc. Each character has different stats and weapons. The game also has quite a few puzzles to solve, some needing certain characters out of combat abilities. None of them are too hard but some are quite fun imo.

Characters:
The game focuses around the titular Killer7, this is a group of 7 assassins who are all part of the player characters psyche. Because of this some characters do not get as much dialogue or cutscene involvment as others, however through small lines of dialogue, visuals etc. you get a clear understanding of what each member of the Killer7 is like. The only member who gets prominent screentime throughout the game is Garcian as he is the primary protagonist of the game.

Story:
I won't go into story in too much depth as it's quite strange and hard to grasp upon first playthrough and tbh I don't think I have the time or energy to go into it even if I was to discuss spoilers. It's definetly the highlight of the game though and has had me thinking about it for months. There's many fantastic moments in the story and I personally think it's the best video game story of all time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PNGYAKUZA
Apr 21, 2021

I'm not a monster, it's just a mask.

punk rebel ecks posted:

I'm playing this game right now and am shocked at how good it is and how well its aged.

Like you could have told me the game released last year and I'd have no problem believing you.

Yeah on the whole it's aged really well. I only played it last summer but I absoloutely fell in love. Definetly looks like the kind of style a modern indie title would use.
Hope you enjoy the rest of the game.

PNGYAKUZA fucked around with this message at 07:46 on Apr 22, 2021