Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

g0lbez posted:

these prices are v high

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

i've never clicked a link on the forums and i never will.

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

StarkRavingMad posted:

ignoring the price, that doesn't even look good

"what if we took nachos, and then made them a pain in the rear end to eat?"

“Cannot heat in microwave beep burp fart millennial brain shutting down beep boop initiate eat whole bag of chocolate chips and uncooked pasta noodle protocol boop blip whirrrrrrrrrrr” :downs:

weg
Jun 6, 2006

Reassisted Retrogression

bossy lady posted:

https://www.goldbelly.com/skyline-chili/skyline-chili-dinner-kit

Oh fuckin' baby. I haven't been to cincinnati in like 8 years but I can't wait to slop this into my gullet.

This same 6-can deal is on Amazon for $39.99. Who would pay twice that for some probably lovely canned chili?

$13 a can for chili that looks like spoiled spaghetti sauce? Are people really this stupid to overpay for food like this?

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Why is everything $80 for maybe $20 worth of ingredients?

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Duck and Cover posted:

Could we try maybe making the thread more about buying tasty food online and less about how Goldbelly is expensive? Thanks.

Sorry. It’s just the prices are Too. drat. High!

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

bossy lady posted:

Oh fuckin' baby. I haven't been to cincinnati in like 8 years but I can't wait to slop this into my gullet.

Skyline chili is an abomination.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

i need to get into this business of gimmicky meal kits

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

McDonalds Egg McMuffin Kit (serves 2)

-2 English Muffins
-2 slices of AMERICAN cheese
-2 Slices of Ham
-2 Eggs + round Egg cooking thing
-32 Oz Orange Juice
-4 Hashbrown

Total: $44.99 USD
*free shipping*

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

numberoneposter posted:

McDonalds Egg McMuffin Kit (serves 2)

-2 English Muffins
-2 slices of AMERICAN cheese
-2 Slices of Ham
-2 Eggs + round Egg cooking thing
-32 Oz Orange Juice
-4 Hashbrown

Total: $44.99 USD
*free shipping*

wow only ONE "round Egg cooking thing"? what a ripoff

Merkin Muffley
Aug 1, 2006
The Ballsiest

bossy lady posted:

"Rustic" spaghetti? Aged Cheddar? Dorothy Lane all beef dogs? BROWN MUSTARD?!?! The gently caress is all that? Don't get me wrong, I loving love cincy chili, but that ain't the Skyline experience right there.

Like, I literally ran a cincy chili parlor in OTR until COVID strangled business too much, and that's the poo poo we would joke about running as a special.

eighty loving dollars

Canned Skyline is the worst of the worst too, its like 50% cracker-meal. At least get the Dixie Chili cans.

Don't get me wrong i've gone loving wild and done poo poo like lamb cincy chili with bucatini and Prairie Breeze and it was loving great, but Skyline (and Goldstar, Dixie, Camp Washington, Empress, etc) is supposed to be overcooked spaghetti, the absolute cheapest orange cheese that money can buy, "all meat" hot dogs that cost about $.18 each, lovely yellow mustard and actually pretty decent buns because Klosterman rules.

In the spirit of the thread, my ex-wife ordered a bunch of chicago deep-dish frozen pizzas from there once and they we're pretty loving good. Dunno where from or what she paid but they were like 60% cheese by volume and i liked that.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Two (2) 100% Alabama hot Dogs, onion slab, fries (piled high), ket and mus...................$79.95, add a tender..............$14.25

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
i like skyline chili, though it's not exactly haute cuisine

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

DarkSoulsTantrum posted:

Sorry. It’s just the prices are Too. drat. High!

Well $60 gets you 4 8"kuchens (if you order directly $10 each $20 shipping) which while high seems reasonable. While on Goldbelly it's $100. So yeah it's worth checking to see if the place has their own online ordering.

Duck and Cover fucked around with this message at 03:51 on Jan 12, 2021

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Mozi posted:

i like skyline chili, though it's not exactly haute cuisine

never had it as i live far, far away

but im a massive fan of PILES of shredded cheese so id probably put it alongside taco bell as guilty pleasures

a starchy tuber
Sep 9, 2002

hi yes I'm very normal
Is skyline chili anything like that hosed up cinnamon spaghetti my local Greek place sells?

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

promising carl posted:

Is skyline chili anything like that hosed up cinnamon spaghetti my local Greek place sells?
Cinnamon is in fact used as a savory spice the world over and people who trip over themselves in the hate of Cincinnati chili for reasons like that are telling on themselves.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

ArbitraryC posted:

Cinnamon is in fact used as a savory spice the world over and people who trip over themselves in the hate of Cincinnati chili for reasons like that are telling on themselves.

You can like cinnamon in other things and still think its presence in skyline chili is gross.

Nice Guy Patron
Jun 29, 2015
Skyline chili doesn't have beans. So it isn't really chili.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

Ugly In The Morning posted:

You can like cinnamon in other things and still think its presence in skyline chili is gross.

I’m not saying anyone has to like skyline chili specifically just the reasons I tend to see online are people embarrassing themselves over ingredients that are surprisingly common in similar dishes. Cinnamon or cocoa powder or w/e are all stuff you’ll straight up see used in international savory dishes for a similar effect or hell even just on popular cooking shows by well known chefs.

It’d be like a person weirded out by ground peanuts used with pasta because they’ve never had a Thai dish or such.

You can dislike Cincinnati chili for whatever your own reasons are but there’s nothing particularly unusual or wrong about the spices.

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010

quote:

Kuchen

Wtf does tihs mean? Stop saying it!

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

Devils Affricate posted:

Wtf does tihs mean? Stop saying it!

This one appears to be a berry of some sort.

Lawrence Gilchrist
Mar 31, 2010

There are these jellies that are like 4 bucks in Japan, 10 bucks in Hawai'i, and 18 bucks in the United States. I have bought them in all three places and i am still not in the target market to buy some cold ribs from goldbelly

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

Lawrence Gilchrist posted:

There are these jellies that are like 4 bucks in Japan, 10 bucks in Hawai'i, and 18 bucks in the United States. I have bought them in all three places and i am still not in the target market to buy some cold ribs from goldbelly

That doesn't mean you can't post about these jellies.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

ArbitraryC posted:

I’m not saying anyone has to like skyline chili specifically just the reasons I tend to see online are people embarrassing themselves over ingredients that are surprisingly common in similar dishes. Cinnamon or cocoa powder or w/e are all stuff you’ll straight up see used in international savory dishes for a similar effect or hell even just on popular cooking shows by well known chefs.

It’d be like a person weirded out by ground peanuts used with pasta because they’ve never had a Thai dish or such.

You can dislike Cincinnati chili for whatever your own reasons are but there’s nothing particularly unusual or wrong about the spices.

The cinnamon and cocoa powder are the worst parts of it, so they aren’t wrong. Fine in a lot of other stuff but it aggressively does not work in that slop.

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

All the stuff on there is considered to be regional specialties, deserving or not. You can get Detroit style Coney Island Chili shipped frozen and it blows the doors off of skyline at a fraction of the Goldbelly price.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

I gotta say the $40 Ruffles are worth it.

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

Poohs Packin posted:

All the stuff on there is considered to be regional specialties, deserving or not. You can get Detroit style Coney Island Chili shipped frozen and it blows the doors off of skyline at a fraction of the Goldbelly price.

Link? (is it this? https://store.nationalconeyisland.com/product/national-chili-co-chili-sauce/) That's the kind of thing I want the thread to focus on. Tasty food delivered from around the world.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

I want some red hot Texas style chili, and some boiling hot Texas style ginger ale.

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

my dog died im sad posted:

Skyline chili doesn't have beans. So it isn't really chili.

Chili is a gravy, you need the bean starch or some pasta water to soak up the fat. :discourse:

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

Bunch of fools rather discuss what is and isn't chili instead of buying kuchen.

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Offense is overrated anyway.

ClamdestineBoyster posted:

Chili is a gravy

you idiot. you piece of poo poo. you motherFUCKER

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

i would like to pay more money for frozen chicken wings, if possible

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost

numberoneposter posted:

i would like to pay more money for frozen chicken wings, if possible

you're in luck!

https://www.goldbelly.com/blue-ribbon/the-coop-complete-fried-chicken-dinner-for-4?ref=collection

there's nothing better than fried chicken that was fried a few days ago and then sent hundreds of miles in a refrigerated container for you to reheat

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

I wish they would sell me french fries there’s nothing better than old french fries.

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

Dang It Bhabhi! posted:

I wish they would sell me french fries there’s nothing better than old french fries.

How about cookies shaped like french fries? https://www.goldbelly.com/search?q=fries

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

Mozi posted:

you're in luck!

https://www.goldbelly.com/blue-ribbon/the-coop-complete-fried-chicken-dinner-for-4?ref=collection

there's nothing better than fried chicken that was fried a few days ago and then sent hundreds of miles in a refrigerated container for you to reheat
hmmmm tempted by this $99 nacho kit

https://www.goldbelly.com/el-palote-panaderia/vegan-nacho-kit-for-6-8?search_id=37888481&ref=search

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

checkout wont accept small bag of jewels as payment??

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Weirdly, they do accept foot sweat.