Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!
To celebrate the forum reopening, here's a tool I created to track my live play performance. It's a pretty simple spreadsheet and I encourage people to tweak it it to make the tool more useful. I also included my data from recreational play in 2018 so you can get a feel for how to use the tool, but it should be pretty self-explanatory. I previously tried tracking stack size on a per-rotation basis for pretty graphs, but I quickly discovered that it took my head way too far out of the game to be useful.

The biggest thing I did was start tracking rake, tips, and comps (beginning with the 7/1 session), which means you can track your performance across different games or locations without letting the different rakes/bonuses/etc affect your numbers.

Some quick definitions of terms I used for the tracker: Blind is the big blind amount, C/HR is comp per hour that the location pays in rewards, XComp is for tracking extra comps (like requesting a meal voucher), Bonus is for high hand bonuses and whatnot, PRBB/H is pre-rake big bet per hour which I think is the most useful metric for cross-game performance tracking. EC is earned cash, meaning that it removes tips/rakes/comp/bonuses/etc from the equation.

To keep track of info during the game, I just open a notepad file on my phone and make quick notes whenever I win a hand. The first line is the date/time and buyin amount, each line after that is just 2 numbers (rake,tip), and the last line is the date/time and cashout amount. Whenever you're back at the computer, just punch in the totals and boom - useful info

Download link: https://coachtable.com/logbook.xlsx

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU