Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
And she wants them now! I'll be making at least one when I get the opportunity and so should you! Instead of trout... think space trout! Instead of classic, think neo-classic!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
Some things I'm working on in my own quest to make some custom thread tags

1) How big should these things be, pixelwise

2) Okay so now I wanna make a gif what is the filesize limit if any

3) Okay so now I know these two things and have downloaded GIMP, how do I make gif

I'm gonna be back in this thread with spitfire answers to all of these questions and then we're gonna be fuckin' rolling!

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

Okay that isn't very big at all!

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
Hey this one's the same size! Good to know!

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

I think I'm getting the hang of this GIMP thing

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
Gang tags. Thread Titles. Thread tags. Sci Fi Wi Fi is coming for them all.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
Holy poo poo. Cease you've outdone yourself!

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
Something you've brought entirely to the fore here is that Something Awful already has a fully functional STAR WARS tag and yet somehow our subforum did not inherit it nor did we receive the mineral rights to establish a mine upon Kessel. Look at our subforum tag, it's practically low rent when you look at that star wars thread tag!

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
Today I re-learned how using masks to create transparency works.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
I've spent the past month sharpening my image editing skills! And then I got real tired!

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
One thing I can promise is more work is gonna be done in this thread. I like to think the most endearing thing about me is I'm always between six months to three years late on my promises and if you don't already love me for it the good news is I promise in six months to three years we'll definitely be there.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
I haven't forgotten this project and I'm gonna make efforts to get some more stuff done with this by friday. Right now the big hold up is how GIMP handles GIF's is arcane and scary but I'm sure if I actually mess with it some instead of just looking at it with a mixture of confusion and horror I can work it out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
Oh hey it's saturday....

I failed!!!