Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?
In the last thread there was talk about Giffen/DeMatteis's Justice League collections and how they stopped. Wasn’t it because they decided they did not want to pay sexual predator Gerard Jones residentials? It’s also why they have removed almost all his work from its streaming services and comixology

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Uthor posted:

They stopped printing the hardcovers of their original attempt to collect the series in 2009 and stopped the TPBs in 2011, so that wouldn't be the reason.

I know they announced Justice League: Breakdowns and then cancelled it around the time the arrest occurred

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Skwirl posted:

I always read Storm as straight, just because I think there should be examples of powerful same sex friendships between heterosexuals without any sexual aspect.

You can just be friends with people, like Storm and Jean Grey. Or have a complicated history with someone that ends up being mutual respect and not want to gently caress them, like Storm and Callisto.

Friends that take baths with each other? Did you forget the arena?

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Skwirl posted:

I guess when I think about Storm and her relationships with other women the three that come mind most readily are her and Kate Pryde, which is a mentorship thing, Jean Grey, two peers who respect each other deeply, and Callisto, which is a frenemy/respect thing, Callisto acknowledges that Storm beat her in that sewer and Storm acknowledges that no one else has ever come as close to beating her.

I do like that Callisto went through the crucible and resurrection to get her mutant powers and still has an eye patch. Did she tell the five before the crucible she wanted to still be missing an eye or is she wearing a patch over a perfectly working eye?

Once again there was the time in which the two were in a bath tub and Callisto had tentacles and they were all over storm

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

How Wonderful! posted:

You can get a lot of it on Comixology if you would like to read it digitally. It looks like it's missing a small chunk of issues in the first year and then issues #51-70.

Edit: It looks you can get issues #7-9 if you buy the trades, they just aren't up as single issues.

It’s all on it