Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

All roads lead to the four nazis Jack Kirby killed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

muscles like this! posted:

The latest episode of Teen Titans Go directly references the Lex Luthor 40 cakes panel.

That's terrible.

:newlol:

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Vakal posted:

I've been working through the Batman: No Man's Land complete collection for the first time in over a decade, and so far it has been pretty uneven in its high and low points but overall is still enjoyable.

I do wish Frank Teran would have been the artist for more of the series though. His rough and grimy style fits the tone of the storyline better than most of the other artists involved.

I appreciate how he draws Batman like a burnt out meth addict instead of the rippling muscled god which seemed to be the standard in the 90's. It really conveys the idea that Gotham has become a hell hole and and everyone still stuck there is broken and rundown as well.

:agreed: Frank Teran's Batman is legendary. I love the busted up bottom row of teeth especially.

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Random Stranger posted:

God help me, I'm reading Countdown.

This is a cry for help...

I sure hope you're reading the tie-ins as well if you want to have even the faintest idea of what's going on.

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

muscles like this! posted:

I started reading Elliott Kalan's new series Maniac of New York. The story is basically what if Jason Takes Manhattan (with the serial numbers filed off) never ended? Four years ago on New Year's Eve there was a massacre in Time's Square with survivors reporting it was done by a man in a mask wielding an axe, subsequently dubbed "Maniac Harry" by the press. Since then he's roamed the island on Manhattan killing seemingly at random. The main characters are the gung ho new head of the underfunded Maniac Task Force and a disillusioned police officer assigned to it.

The book is a lot darker than I was expecting what with Kalan mainly being a comedy writer but I'm enjoying it.

It's pretty good and also very blatantly a Friday the 13th clone. I saw a thumbnail for it on ComicVine and I thought it was an actual Friday the 13th comic because at a glance the villain's mask looks like a normal hockey mask. :v:

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

With the way Brexit is going this could turn into a wage slump in no time. :newlol:

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

How Wonderful! posted:

Hey everyone, I have a doctorate now so please let me know if you need a prescription... for comics and fun

Congrats! :neckbeard:

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

blast0rama posted:

Hey, should we make a new one of these as it’s Spring? Or revise the title? Just a thought…

How Wonderful already updated the thread title. I only noticed because I would've done it just now if she hadn't. :v:

That said, anyone who wants to make a fresh thread for spring should go right ahead!

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

drrockso20 posted:

Considering June is in just over a week I'd say just wait till then and make a Summer thread instead

Oh god, it really is almost summer, isn't is? Covid has made me lose track of time completely. :saddowns:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

It's summer, baby!