Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Make a 90s thread!

Speaking of 90s, Todd McFarland has announced THREE new monthly Spawn comics because absolutely no one was clamoring for more Spawn.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Madkal posted:

I remember there being at least 3 if not 4 ongoing Spawn comics in the 90's. What is old is new again.

Oh for sure.

Spawn the Undead
Curse of the Spawn
Hellspawn

And a couple dozen minis and one shots.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Uthor posted:

Speaking of Elseworlds.

J.M. DeMatteis (@JMDeMatteis) Tweeted:
@AdamLanceGarcia I pitched a follow-up with Bruce Wayne being abducted and taken to Krypton where he became Superman...but DC passed. https://twitter.com/JMDeMatteis/status/1366092151667458048?s=20

There's a very similar story where human Clark Kent is raised on Krypton, gets a GL ring and when he returns to earth he discovers the harsh kryptonian environment has made him super human compared to am earth man.

Last Son of Earth, probably my favorite Elseworlds ever.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

site posted:

Okay but now I have to know what would happen if Spider-Man didn't teach the beyonder to poop

Cosmic skidmarks.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
There was also the Legends of the Dead Earth year of annuals which were just Elseworlds set in the future.

JLA the Nail is good. I also really enjoyed Superboys Legion. Anything Alan Davis drew really.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Point issues are worse than zero or minus issues and the person who came up with them should have all their finger nails peeled off slowly

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
He fought in a lot of wars while time traveling so he meets the soldiering requirements.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Three years ago today I toured the DC offices in Burbank and it's really sad that most of the friends I made and stayed in contact with have since been fired.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Gripweed posted:

If he wasn't part of a standing army that would make him an enemy combatant.

Does the Six Pack count?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
They're the same company and DCBS is dying for warehouse workers. I wouldn't expect anything better when they pay less than local gas stations.

Source: they moved the dcbs side back to my town and advertise heavily that they are hiring.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Congrats on the house! Homeownership rules/sucks!

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Random Stranger posted:

I hate to be too enthusiastic about an upcoming superhero movie, but the new Suicide Squad trailer showed Arms Fall Off Boy and now I am there.

Suicide Squad is going to give me some manner of sexual awakening I am fairly certain.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

El Gallinero Gros posted:

I imagine John Cena has that effect on a few people

I was talking about Starro

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Omni Man only banged one bug. Thragg used the planet to breed disposable soldiers

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Rhyno posted:

Omni Man only banged one bug. Thragg used the planet to breed disposable soldiers

I mean it's an accurate account of the events

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

How Wonderful! posted:

Hey everyone, I have a doctorate now so please let me know if you need a prescription... for comics and fun

What can you prescribe me for this uncontrollable hate of John Byrne?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Is that one of the new Hickman books?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Gaz-L posted:

As a comic book fan, I understand that a doctorate means you can prescribe drugs, invent rayguns, identify ancient artefacts and fly spaceships. Oh, and fight crime on the side.

And also time travel

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Gripweed posted:

Alan Moor is gonna write a five volume fantasy series that depicts an alternate reconstruction of post-WW2 London

How many of the female characters will be pre teens he over sexualizes?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Have been. Can confirm.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
time is a flat circle

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
My town has city owned electric scooters like those all over the place. Whole lotta drunken crashes but they keep them available for idiots to keep crashing.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

A Strange Aeon posted:

I feel like people just leaving the rental scooters everywhere is just as much a danger for people tripping over them.

That's my problem with them. Idiots just ditch them wherever they want.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Skwirl posted:

We have them in my city, but the roads are so lovely I wouldn't use them.

They wrote some special bullshit to allow them on sidewalks here. But you can get a ticket for riding a bicycle on the sidewalks.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Skwirl posted:

The sidewalks are probably worse than the roads here.

That sucks. Indiana is notorious for lovely streets like, everywhere. But our sidewalks are great.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Lunar Distribution (dcbs/ist) just leased a 145,000 sq ft warehouse on the east side of town and are adding 160 new local jobs. Very cool!

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I read that a while back, it's terrible. Poor guy.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

A Strange Aeon posted:

This might be a dumb question but is Peanuts worth reading? Like I know it's very popular or was, but would it be rewarding to read the entire run of it? Newspaper strips I find tricky because of the format--like if you judged Calvin and Hobbes on a dozen mediocre weekly strips instead of as an entire body of work, you'd walk away with an entirely different perception of it. But I don't have the ambition to read every published Garfield strip because I don't think that'd be rewarding.

I know Peanuts was long running, but how full of mediocre weekly strips was it? Is there a good place to start if not at the beginning?

No. It's long past the time it should have been shot in the head and buried outside of town.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Duh, yeah read the classic stuff.

Anything published in our lifetimes is garbage though.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Lencho posted:

I really loved what he did on Superman Beyond 3D, but the way it was integrated into Final Crisis was just awful.

It was originally fully part of FC. FC was set to be a 12 issue series like the original but Didio thinks 7 is the magic number so the series got cut up and shortened.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Skwirl posted:

More than almost any other actor I can think of he looks so loving different than his younger self.

Some people think he's using hgh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Gripweed posted:

Is there a TMNT(Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles) thread?

I made one ages ago but it's probably slipped into the archives by now.